2014-15 Soccer Kits & News (too early? nah)

Conrad.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes the red squad numbers are matched with the shirt sponsor because of uniformity. But it is a pure luck that the Fly Emirates logo is the same primary color as Arsenal FC. That's why it's red...for the club.

Given that they've used blue almost exclusively in the past, I would tend to doubt that.

And when I said they are the same throughout the use of them from the 70's to current, I meant same aspects and inspirations for the away shirt. Yes some things change from shirt to shirt over the years (using red, blue, wine for the squad/sponsor colors). It still embodies the original vision.

Nobody's denying that gold and blue are Arsenal's traditional change colors. Only that this particular application of them is awful.

I am surprised at the negative reaction to the away kit. I enjoy it well enough. And I'm surprised about the complaints as to the red trim. The overall look of the kit is very traditional. My only tweaks would be to remove the small side stripes and sleeve cuff trim. The color balance reminds me of this Arsenal kit from a few years back. It was one of my favorites.

_59688290_andreyarshavincelebratesliverp

The ManU 3rd looks like crap. I usally can enjoy the duel color uniforms like the Hornet's NOLA Mardi Gras and the All Star game uniforms for MLB and NBA. Maybe because those are two different colors and this is just two shades of the same color, It just looks foolish.

For some reason they remind me of 1990's NASCAR pit crew jumpsuits.

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

I think it's that red stripe that's throwing me off. It reminds me of an adidas rip off that uses one stripe to avoid a lawsuit. The idea is nice, it just would look better if it was quartered instead of front in dark royal and the back in navy.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I am surprised at the negative reaction to the away kit. I enjoy it well enough. And I'm surprised about the complaints as to the red trim. The overall look of the kit is very traditional. My only tweaks would be to remove the small side stripes and sleeve cuff trim. The color balance reminds me of this Arsenal kit from a few years back. It was one of my favorites.

_59688290_andreyarshavincelebratesliverp

If the sponsor was blue, I'd agree with you. But that tips the balance out of line, unlike the picture you posted.

I think it's that red stripe that's throwing me off. It reminds me of an Addams rip off that uses one stripe to avoid a lawsuit. The idea is nice, it just would look better if it was quartered instead of front in dark royal and the back in navy.

It would prob look better with no red, but if the red has to be there, there is just too much of it. Take it off the sides of the shirt and socks and it might be palatable.

Archived