2014-15 Soccer Kits & News (too early? nah)

Conrad.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like all the top kit suppliers are running out of ideas when it comes to kit designing. The clubs are to blame as well for accepting such blandness when when they accept what they want the kit to look like.

glory10.png

Wigan seems to embrace the idea of controlling their brand. Too bad most other teams don't.

Indeed. MiFit is part of the DW Sports group owned by Dave Whelan who, as well as breaking his leg in an FA Cup Final, also owns Wigan.

Wigan might not have the glamour of a big name kit maker, but they essentially have complete control over their look and it's resulted in some nice looking kits over the last few seasons.

Wish more clubs did the same as Wigan did with their kits. I think Wigan has kept their image clean and simple. And being with a small company like MiFit will allow them to be fresh with their kit designs over the years. Plus it helps having your club owner also owning the kit manufacturer.

That's a cool idea, but on the ball it's not executed well at all. Too busy.

- Minnesota Twins - Minnesota Golden Gophers - Dallas Stars - Dallas Mavericks - Norwich City FC -

- Texas Tech Red Raiders - FC DallasMinnesota Vikings - Borussia Dortmund -

This is pretty bad by Adidas or Puma standards, who recycle templates religiously. I'm pretty shocked that Nike has gotten to this point.

Difference is Nike does it for 3rd kits while adidas and Puma do it for home kits. Neither is acceptable for big teams IMO, but one offense is much greater.

http://www.thecrew.com/news/2014/07/qa-midseason-report-crew-chairman-and-investor-operator-anthony-precourt

Columbus crew will unveil rebrand in October:

I look forward to lots of celebrations around our new brand in our 20th season. The brand itself, I think we are looking to introduce it to the community in October. We’re putting together a major celebration with details forthcoming in the next several weeks."

This will be interesting. Could leave New England (and sorta DCU) as the final vestiges of MLS 1996. Kind of sad, in a way.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

http://www.thecrew.com/news/2014/07/qa-midseason-report-crew-chairman-and-investor-operator-anthony-precourt

Columbus crew will unveil rebrand in October:

I look forward to lots of celebrations around our new brand in our 20th season. The brand itself, I think we are looking to introduce it to the community in October. Were putting together a major celebration with details forthcoming in the next several weeks."

This will be interesting. Could leave New England (and sorta DCU) as the final vestiges of MLS 1996. Kind of sad, in a way.

I just hope they keep the gold and black. It's unique.

Archived