2014 NFL Offseason

Kramerica Industries

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is no way Denver can afford Chris Johnsons salary, even if it is under 4 million a year. I can see Johnson really crashing and burning anywhere he goes.

I see any potential deal being a "prove it" deal. And Johnson won't crash and burn if he's facing six man fronts all the time.
MJD received only $1.6M in guaranteed money from OAK. There is no market for RBs.

The average for a free agent RB this year was $2.8 M.

Plus Johnson had just four carries for 20+ yards behind a OL which overpaid for all the guards last offseason.

Denver has ~$6 million in cap room left. They can also dump Tamme or Dreessen to clear up another $3 million or restructure Mannings contract. Like dfw said, there's no value for RBs right now. Very little value for Chris Johnson specifically. The deals the Broncos made earlier in free agency are actually pretty cap friendly.

Johnson would fare very well playing Denver with Manning getting the bulk of the defenses attention. I don't know how he is in pass protection but he's pretty good catching the football out of the backfield.

IUe6Hvh.png

Well, it appears that the seemingly annual offseason, "NFL star is being investigated for sexual assault" storyline is back. Colin Kaepernick's currently being investigated for a possible incident in Miami.

As per NBC Sports: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/10/report-colin-kaepernick-investigated-for-alleged-sexual-assault/

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Well, Week 17 will be @Seattle as per League Tradition. <_<

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Also Linebaka is the QB coach and the entire league figured out his offense years ago.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

49ers first regular season game in Levi's Stadium is Week 2 against Chicago....Meh.

Some other highlights of the 49ers schedule:

Week 1- At Dallas ( Beat down Dallas in Jerry World......Always Fun!)

Week 2 - vs. Chicago (First regular season game in Levi's stadium)

Week 5 - vs. Kansas City (We want Alex Smith back......Whatever)

Week 7 - at Denver

Week 13 - vs. Seattle (Thanksgiving game)

Week 14 - at Oakland (SWAT team take your positions)

Week 15 - at Seattle

Oh boy... this season is going to be LOADED with fun times for Seattle.

Green Bay returns to CenturyLink Field for the first time since the 'Fail Mary' game. Denver comes up as well two weeks later.

Then, the main event of Turkey Day is Seattle heading down and giving Levi's Stadium an epic staining. In fact, it'll be so epic a staining that no amount of washing will erase it. Ever.

Well, Week 17 will be @Seattle as per League Tradition. <_<

Can I have 1/17 of the prize money for that called shot?

Today, we are all otaku.

For all the sucking the Raiders have done, they wind-up with the hardest schedule for 2014, with a .578 opponent winning percentage. They get to play nine of their games against playoff teams from last season, a game against all four teams from both conference title rounds, three games against last year's Super Bowl teams and a game against a 10-win Cardinals team that couldn't get to the postseason because of them being in a powerful NFC West.

Thanks for the schedule, NFL.*

*f#ck-off

St. Louis gets a home Monday Night Football game in October again. Because the NFL is either dense or arrogant as hell. Or probably both.

Nothing like setting up markets to fail.

There's a decent chance the Rams could be 4-0 going into that game, and they'll be facing a division rival and potential Super Bowl contender. No excuses.

Today, we are all otaku.

St. Louis gets a home Monday Night Football game in October again. Because the NFL is either dense or arrogant as hell. Or probably both.

Nothing like setting up markets to fail.

There's a decent chance the Rams could be 4-0 going into that game, and they'll be facing a division rival and potential Super Bowl contender. No excuses.

I agree with you to a large extent. But this is a baseball town and the Cardinals could be playing an NLCS game. It's just stupid on the NFL's part. There's no reason they had to take the risk.

The fan base is too downtrodden to count on a good start to definitely overcome playoff baseball. It's entirely possible, but they really should have learned from last year and kept the Rams out of October prime time for at least a couple of more years.

Or maybe Kroenke requested it so he'd have more reason to move... :upside:

By the way, I know some of you will suggest it's ME being arrogant and assuming the Cardinals will be deep in the playoffs. But I'm not assuming anything. They've been a playoff team that makes deep runs for most of a decade now, and they are a favorite in the league this year. Nothing is a given, but it's a situation the NFL should have planned for.

Archived