Golden State Considering Name Change to "San Francisco Warriors"

colortv

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I prefer that they don't change it since the team is the Bay Area's team and not just one city's team

But they aren't the "Bay Area Warriors," they're the Golden State Warriors despite only being one of four teams in the state. Not to mention, in a vacuum, it sounds like a college team name. Changing the name to San Francisco makes sense and is the right move.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Why don't you just put "San Francisco Warriors" all the way around like it is now? I love the premise, just not the Copperplate.

Did this quick fix a while back:

wvXsJNF.jpg

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I prefer that they don't change it since the team is the Bay Area's team and not just one city's team

But they aren't the "Bay Area Warriors," they're the Golden State Warriors despite only being one of four teams in the state. Not to mention, in a vacuum, it sounds like a college team name. Changing the name to San Francisco makes sense and is the right move.

When they adapted that name, they were only one of two teams in California and the first one. Having one city name despite representing an entire region with multiple cities doesn't seem to make sense. Either keep the name or rename it to Bay Area Warriors or something in that direction.

1. The Warriors' uniforms don't really require the city name to be present, and if they do, the font is small enough to negate length.

Simple fixes:

TKoCsyz.png

Wiff7Jj.png

That would imbalance the uniform, making it top heavy

Go A's!

Who said that those weren't top heavy?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Honestly I can see a not too distant future where Oakland has lost all of it's major sports franchises. It's not the city it once was. I wouldn't blame the Warriors for taking on the San Francisco name. They have to do what's best for business.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

To all you smart asses out there..I ALREADY knew about that previous San Fran throwback which I absolutely dislike. All their unis in history OWNS but that one. But I liked the way they fitted the letters nice and center. So yea it can work.

Golden state wraps around a circle which is done well with the logo but could've been done better. Example:

Golden

State

San

FRANCISCO

Just my opinion. Anyways

shado_logo.gif

They're returning to San Francisco. Why are people upset over the name change? It's logical.

Yeah.

If the Rangers moved over to Dallas and changed their name to the Dallas Rangers, no one here could complain about it since the team would actually play IN Dallas. Of course, that would take away the significance of why they're called the Texas Rangers instead of the Dallas or Fort Worth or Arlington Rangers...

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

I'm all for this. Golden State Warriors sounds like a generic name out of a video game which couldn't get the license to use real teams.

Plus it's stupid to claim a whole state that has three other teams in it.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

Archived