2014 4th of July Stars and Stripes Hat

sportsfan0518

A friend of mine who works at a sports merchandise store emailed me this image of the 2014 Stars and Stripes hats for the 4th of July. He gave me permission to post the image here, so I figured this would be a great place to share it.

The hat has a star shaped American flag in the center with the cap logo in front of it. I'm not sure how I feel about this yet since I am so used to the American flag and the team logo combining with one another, but this will probably grow on me once I see a real version of it. I am curious to see if teams will settle for red or blue brims, but we will find that out later. What do you guys think of it?

35mf80p.jpg

By the way, my friend told me that Toronto has a red star in front of their logo instead of an American flag. Just in case anyone was wondering.

anim_040d06ba-0611-bac4-cd7b-50fc54ad382 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These are about as tame and, well, smart, as we've seen in a while. Yes, the logo on star may be a bit much, but it beats everything else in my opinion.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Why couldn't the Blue Jays just do something like this?

c321ph53pemmirgx9ehs4k843.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

By the way, my friend told me that Toronto has a red star in front of their logo instead of an American flag. Just in case anyone was wondering.

Damn Commies. :P

All in all, these are much better than the hats of the past, but I really wish they'd stop doing the whole stars and stripes thing. I'd be down for guest23's proposal.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Why should Toronto wear something special on the 4th of July? Wear the reds on Canada Day and wear the normal unis for Independence Day.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Call me crazy but here's a novel idea for the 4th:

1. Put patriotic themed bunting around stadium.
  2. Paint r/w/b team logo on grass
  3. Wear regular baseball unis
  4. Play baseball game
  5. Have fireworks show

I like it but nowadays it's all about the $$$$.

I remember a while ago some teams had exclusive red, white and blue logos. I don't know if they're still in logo packages or not.

Call me crazy but here's a novel idea for the 4th:

1. Put patriotic themed bunting around stadium.
  2. Paint r/w/b team logo on grass
  3. Wear regular baseball unis
  4. Play baseball game
  5. Have fireworks show

I like it but nowadays it's all about the $$$$.

I remember a while ago some teams had exclusive red, white and blue logos. I don't know if they're still in logo packages or not.

Yup. Never squander a merchandising opportunity especially as it relates to nationalism...uh I mean patriotism.

I'd even be ok with a side patch on the hat but the need to force flag imagery or camo into a teams identity should be a federal offense.

Archived