2014 NFL Season Thread

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are there any elite teams in this league? The Patriots are the only team that looks pretty unbeatable (unfortunately). Then there is Arizona who has done nothing but win. Yet they get no respect.

The Packers have sure looked elite lately.

EDIT: just noticed they're struggling against Minnesota.

Division games are usually close, regardless of record. But even today, the Packers showed they can win even when a team manages to take Rodgers' downfield shots out of the equation, and that's been their achilies heel these past few seasons.

Maybe I'm wrong, but either way we'll find out what the Packers really have next week against New England.

Are there any elite teams in this league? The Patriots are the only team that looks pretty unbeatable (unfortunately). Then there is Arizona who has done nothing but win. Yet they get no respect.

Division games are usually close, regardless of record. But even today, the Packers showed they can win even when a team manages to take Rodgers' downfield shots out of the equation, and that's been their achilies heel these past few seasons.

Maybe I'm wrong, but either way we'll find out what the Packers really have next week against New England.

I hope to God it is at Lambeau. The Patriots are still very beatable away from home.

I must remember to send the refs from this week's Rams-Chargers game a thank you bomb.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I hope to God it is at Lambeau. The Patriots are still very beatable away from home.
It is indeed at Lambeau. But hopefully you're wrong on that one :P

The Niners are like the Sharks. Despite allegedly good personnel, its what is letting the team down. Seriously, 10 points in 3 quarters against the flipping Redskins?

Seriously. This team :censored:s the bed at home against the freaking Bucs, yet can lead the Niners on the road. Make up your damn mind.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

At least the Rams keep true to the season theme of "The Cruelty of Hope"

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The Browns have seven wins this season. Meanwhile, pigs are flying and Hell has frozen over.

Seriously, though, I'm happy for them. I'd like to see them make the playoffs. Hopefully Pittsburgh falls apart at the end of the season ;)

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Archived