2014 NFL Season Thread

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would have been so funny if the Chiefs would have thrown a game winning TD while two Raiders were playing patty cake up the field. As it is I think they should have gotten a flag for Delay of game not going back to the line of scrimmage in timely fashion.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

CBS also had a big hand in figuring out where to play this game. Since CBS was already heading to Detroit for Thanksgiving, it makes a lot of sense to send their TV production truck there and do two games in four days to try not to have such a short week.

That's actually an excellent point - one that I hadn't considered.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I get the logistics but it's a shame for the Bills because they lose a home game.

I think that the net effect will be similar to whatever effect that the Toronto Bills Series had on the team, especially if tickets have already been paid for.

If I was a writer for the sports edition of The Onion, I'd go with the headline 'NFL Owners Convene, Decide to Play Every Game at Ford Field." Goodell sites Detroit's financial woes backing the decision. Players and owners tentatively excited with less travel and not playing in the elements.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

It would have been so funny if the Chiefs would have thrown a game winning TD while two Raiders were playing patty cake up the field. As it is I think they should have gotten a flag for Delay of game not going back to the line of scrimmage in timely fashion.

I didn't see that play in question but why would it be a delay of game? The Chiefs don't have to wait for them to snap the ball and Oakland was forced to take a timeout, no?

IUe6Hvh.png

Are there any elite teams in this league? The Patriots are the only team that looks pretty unbeatable (unfortunately). Then there is Arizona who has done nothing but win. Yet they get no respect.

The Packers have sure looked elite lately.

EDIT: just noticed they're struggling against Minnesota.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Are there any elite teams in this league? The Patriots are the only team that looks pretty unbeatable (unfortunately). Then there is Arizona who has done nothing but win. Yet they get no respect.

The Packers have sure looked elite lately.

EDIT: just noticed they're struggling against Minnesota.

They looked elite against the Eagles but they have eked out some wins.

LOL Falcons.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Mike Smith is a total idiot and that Falcons defense is dreadful. Thanks for nothing, ATL.

How are NFL coaches such nincompoops when it comes to clock management? It's like they've never played Madden.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived