TheSoundofThrowingPennies

2014 NFL Season Thread

Finally, a competitive TNF game...and it's the Raiders finally freakin' winning one!

It would have been so funny if the Chiefs would have thrown a game winning TD while two Raiders were playing patty cake up the field. As it is I think they should have gotten a flag for Delay of game not going back to the line of scrimmage in timely fashion.

Anything can happen on a Thursday night.

Or, as John Gruden would say, "Anything can happen on any given Sunday, especially on Thursday night."

CBS also had a big hand in figuring out where to play this game. Since CBS was already heading to Detroit for Thanksgiving, it makes a lot of sense to send their TV production truck there and do two games in four days to try not to have such a short week.

That's actually an excellent point - one that I hadn't considered.

I get the logistics but it's a shame for the Bills because they lose a home game.

I think that the net effect will be similar to whatever effect that the Toronto Bills Series had on the team, especially if tickets have already been paid for.

If I was a writer for the sports edition of The Onion, I'd go with the headline 'NFL Owners Convene, Decide to Play Every Game at Ford Field." Goodell sites Detroit's financial woes backing the decision. Players and owners tentatively excited with less travel and not playing in the elements.

It would have been so funny if the Chiefs would have thrown a game winning TD while two Raiders were playing patty cake up the field. As it is I think they should have gotten a flag for Delay of game not going back to the line of scrimmage in timely fashion.

I didn't see that play in question but why would it be a delay of game? The Chiefs don't have to wait for them to snap the ball and Oakland was forced to take a timeout, no?

After the result last night I have officially given up on attempting to make sense of this NFL season

Are there any elite teams in this league? The Patriots are the only team that looks pretty unbeatable (unfortunately). Then there is Arizona who has done nothing but win. Yet they get no respect.

Are there any elite teams in this league? The Patriots are the only team that looks pretty unbeatable (unfortunately). Then there is Arizona who has done nothing but win. Yet they get no respect.

The Packers have sure looked elite lately.

EDIT: just noticed they're struggling against Minnesota.

So is Matt Stafford still going to get exempt from criticism after today? Still winless on the road against teams with a winning record.

The Packers have sure looked elite lately.

EDIT: just noticed they're struggling against Minnesota.

They looked elite against the Eagles but they have eked out some wins.

LOL Falcons.

Bears are another win closer to an 8-8 season.

Mike Smith is a total idiot and that Falcons defense is dreadful. Thanks for nothing, ATL.

How are NFL coaches such nincompoops when it comes to clock management? It's like they've never played Madden.