TheSoundofThrowingPennies

2014 NFL Season Thread

Your first place 4-6 Atlanta Falcons!

Maybe the Bucs still have a shot this year! :P

The sad part is that can actually happen. The Bucs are only two games out of first place.

The Rams are a good football team, don't let the 4-6 record fool you. Consistency, discipline, avoiding injuries, and avoiding second half meltdowns, are the only things keeping this football team from having a winning record and being a contender for the top spot in the NFC West.

Eagles about to go down 31-3 to the packers only mid way in to the 2nd.

If the eagles have those white pants with them, they may want to consider changing at halftime - of course by then it could legitimately be 45-3.

If the eagles have those white pants with them, they may want to consider changing at halftime - of course by then it could legitimately be 45-3.

I thought this game would be a lot closer. I figured the Packers would be able to score points but I didn't think they'd be able to shut down the Eagles offense like this.

I thought this game would be a lot closer. I figured the Packers would be able to score points but I didn't think they'd be able to shut down the Eagles offense like this.

They're just in a different class. The eagles have a good record, and the cardinals have a better record, but neither of those teams can compete with Aaron Rogers and the packers right now. They're just on a different level.

With the offense It's not like you can say "Sanchez sucks", or McCoy sucks, or the receivers suck, or the line (well their backup guy has given up a couple sacks but that's not the difference) - they're just being beaten by a much better team.

The defense backs are looking horrible, but that's probably as much credit to rogers as it is knock against them.

What do you call a team that comes up short? The New York Football Giants.

If they came up short shouldn't they be called The New York Football Midgets.

Definitely was NOT expecting a blowout today... especially not when the Packers came into the game 1-2 against teams that might actually make the playoffs. You expect Rodgers to be Rodgers, but this is turning out to be one hell of a defense; and against the Eagles, who aren't exactly a terrible team.

EDIT: HOLY S~~T... back to back 50 point games?!?!

Fun fact:

There are currently as many sub-.500 teams in the NFC South as in the whole of the AFC

^And on that note...

meme1975966988_zpsfwjxkgiw.jpg

Rob Gronkowski will go down as the greatest regular-season TE of all-time.

Is there anything in the realm of sports you don't hate?