New Kansas Football Unis

Bmac

I just saw the the Jayhawks are getting new helmets for this season, as in they eliminated the red stripe. Is this just a helmet change, or are they getting an entire new uniform?

2007-2009:

Kansas2007-2009.gif

2010:

Kansas2010.gif

I don't see why they would make such a small change for such new helmets.

Sorry if this has been covered before, I didn't see it in my search.

I sincerely hope this isn't true. Removing helmet stripes is bad enough...but less NOB? This isn't D2, people. Leave NOB actually OB.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

Removing the stripe would be a downgrade.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

I think most all helmet stripes should be removed. Looks more clean and modern without them. Stripes on helmets scream 1970's.

Unless it's like Penn St's helmet. They need something, so the stripe works. The rest- just kind of runs the sleek look that they could have. Therefore- my verdict = Upgrade.

No names on the back though? That's pretty lame.

I think most all helmet stripes should be removed. Looks more clean and modern without them. Stripes on helmets scream 1970's.

Completely disagree. Could you imagine every NFL team and college team without stripes on their helmets?? It wouldn't be clean and modern, it would just be boring.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Disappointing. I really liked Kansas' helmets (far more than the helmets they wore against Mizzou) and the single stripe was perfect. The removal of the stripe makes it look rather bland to me.

Completely disagree. Could you imagine every NFL team and college team without stripes on their helmets?? It wouldn't be clean and modern, it would just be boring.

I think as far as a design element, stripes are just cop-outs for lazy design. They shouldn't be needed to make up for whatever isn't there. Basically, only the most bland uniforms that need changing anyway are the ones that need stripes- the rest should move away. Just my opinion though.

Jacksonville%20Jaguars%20helmet.jpg

Looks sleek and clean to me. A stripe would ruin a modern look. Now if the Ravens would remove their pseudo-stripe...

I think as far as a design element, stripes are just cop-outs for lazy design. They shouldn't be needed to make up for whatever isn't there. Basically, only the most bland uniforms that need changing anyway are the ones that need stripes- the rest should move away. Just my opinion though.

So uniforms shouldn't have stripes, except when they should. Gotcha.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Jacksonville%20Jaguars%20helmet.jpg

Looks sleek and clean to me. A stripe would ruin a modern look. Now if the Ravens would remove their pseudo-stripe...

That's because it has a sleek and modern logo. A helmet with a traditional logo, like a monogram, or no logo at all, looks fine with stripes. I think your opinions are too blanketed. A league outfitted by you would have no character. How are stripes any more of a cop out than tapered wedges, colored side panels or yoke piping? It's all frame of reference. The problem isn't stripes. The correct stripes can bring out the best in a uniform, as well as the worst, and the same can be said for any other uniform element. There's also something to be said for history, whether you like it or not. Changing the status quo in a day is rarely an option. There's a reason the navy dress uniform still looks like it does, and the tuxedo still looks like it does, after all these years. There's history behind those aesthetics, just like there's history behind the aesthetic of stripes on a football uniform. Believe it or not, a sleek, modern, contemporary uniform can be created with stripes. And without.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Unless it's like Penn St's helmet. They need something, so the stripe works. The rest- just kind of runs the sleek look that they could have. Therefore- my verdict = Upgrade.

No offense but that's just idiotic.

BB52Big.jpg

No offense but that's just idiotic.

Idiotic? Not sure about that. It's simply his opinion...even if it is totally misguided.

I don't think a modern look has to be stripeless. Its all relative to the overall look of the design. Stripes can work in many ways, whether or not its a "modern" stripe like Baltimore and Tennessee or a "modernized traditional" stripe like the one the Lions chose to use for their update. They can work both ways. But thats just MY opinion....hopefully its not idiotic ^_^

Please, fill me in as to how it's idiotic. Stripes are vintage. If not, go through your closet and see for yourself. Do you have shirts with stripes on the sleeves? I hope for your sake you don't.

Some stripes are ok. I agree with the AF uni. Though both are really bad. The Kansas Helmet looks good with the single red stripe due to the red stripe on the pants.

And I'm mostly talking about the older stripes. The new variations are better... they usually have elements that suit the look better than bland straight line stripes.

Actually the missing stripes from Air Force's helmets don't bother me as much as the crappy designs of the rest of the uniforms over the past however many years. Air Force use to have a nice simple clean look and now it's just a mess, year after year. They've crappified their look as do teams who just add black or black jerseys for the sake of it.

Archived