MLB Changes 2015

TVIXX

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've posted the facts before but Brown/Yellow are still the most used color combo in the history of the MLB Padres. They aren't a navy team, they are a brown team. They should return to that.

Not sure what you mean by "most used".

Brown & yellow - 1969-1979 (11 yrs)

Brown, orange & yellow - 1980-1984 (5 yrs)

Brown & orange - 1985-1990 (6 yrs)

Navy & orange - 1991-2003 (13 yrs)

Navy & sand - 2004-Present (11 yrs & counting)

Saying they should return to brown is one thing, that's a matter of personal taste, but to say "they're not a navy team, they're a brown team" is ridiculous and just false. They've worn navy now longer than they wore brown. It's statements like these that make it hard to take you seriously.

What "identity" did they establish with brown? Brown/yellow, brown/yellow/orange and brown/orange were three different identities.

Sure they didn't stick with any for long, but they were all unique identities that stood out as their own.

Phillies, Bears, and new NYFC fan.

What "identity" did they establish with brown? Brown/yellow, brown/yellow/orange and brown/orange were three different identities.

Sure they didn't stick with any for long, but they were all unique identities that stood out as their own.
Just because it was unique doesn't mean they established an identity with it. In fact the only identity they established during the brown years was that they would change uniforms almost annually. Blue hasn't been much better, but it has been marginally more stable. Particularly in the 90s.

Just because it was unique doesn't mean they established an identity with it. In fact the only identity they established during the brown years was that they would change uniforms almost annually. Blue hasn't been much better, but it has been magically more stable. Particularly in the 90s.

What I gather from Phils Phan's posts is the Padres were the only team that wore brown, and therefore "owned" the color", whereas they're one of many teams wearing navy.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Just because it was unique doesn't mean they established an identity with it. In fact the only identity they established during the brown years was that they would change uniforms almost annually. Blue hasn't been much better, but it has been magically more stable. Particularly in the 90s.

What I gather from Phils Phan's posts is the Padres were the only team that wore brown, and therefore "owned" the color", whereas they're one of many teams wearing navy.

Well the Phils owned Maroon and sky blue... I don't see many calls for its return.

Well the Phils owned Maroon and sky blue... I don't see many calls for its return.

Technically the Phillies colors were maroon and white. The sky blue was a substitute for gray on the road unis and represented the presence of gray, as opposed to actually being a team color. Same with the Brewers, Blue Jays, Royals, Expos, and a handful of others during that era. So that's a totally different story

Technically the Phillies colors were maroon and white. The sky blue was a substitute for gray on the road unis and represented the presence of gray, as opposed to actually being a team color. Same with the Brewers, Blue Jays, Royals, Expos, and a handful of others during that era. So that's a totally different story

Cardinals did it back then too. Hell you still see it a lot today. Look at the BP jerseys when the All-Star game was in St. Louis. Even though light blue isn't a team color anymore. Nor was it one in the first place.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

I hear a lot of that to be honest, don't know what forum you've been on. Plus at least the Phillies have an identity to stand out as their own, unlike the Padres who I usually mistake for other teams initially.

Phillies, Bears, and new NYFC fan.

A lot of people on this board would like to see the Phillies return to maroon.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

A lot of people on this board would like to see the Phillies return to maroon.

I kinda would...I really liked it and it was one of the few powder blue roadies I liked. I think maroon with minimal use of light blue would be great...but the Phillies, unlike the Padres, have a lot more history. I a way the move would be "wrong". But I think I'd be for it.

The Padres, unlike the Phillies, are a hidden team. Nobody thinks about them...would being the "brown team" change that? I don't know...but it would set them apart.

While they did have three different schemes worn for shortish periods of time, the entire 22 years of that they were the "Brown" team. That was their identity. Most people probably barley noticed the addition of orange and then the dropping of yellow. Because they were brown. Now nobody notices anything the Padres do.

But I suspect that if you took a poll of Padres fans, blue would win out over brown. It's too bad, but brown is just not very well-liked. Nobody wants it for their team. I think it would be great if they went to brown and "owned" it. But it's not going to happen. They are either going to stick where they are a or go to blue and red (exciting) in tribute to a minor league team nobody remembers.

(As I have said tons, I love brown/orange, but I know on the 1% chance they go back to brown, it'll include yellow).

But I have accepted it. The Padres are going to continue to be "hidden." The fans want to stick with blue and, most importantly, so does the ownership.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived