MLB Changes 2015

TVIXX

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pretty sure I've posted this one before, but I'm surprised nobody ever considers a navy blue/yellow color scheme for the Padres:

13752673154_7c2f029b6d_o.jpg

It's got an ocean/sun look to it, isn't a scheme used in the MLB right now (even though the Brewers probably should be wearing it), and it connects the team to the Chargers (powder blue could come in as an accent, but isn't necessary). I think it'd be a nice alternative to bringing brown back, while adding more color to their look.

In going navy and yellow, they would be copying the least popular set of Chargers colors from their history, so I don't think that would be a selling point. The last thing the Padres need to do at this point is experiment with yet another uninspired color scheme, especially when it would have them wearing primarily navy as they do now. They need to either stick with the crap they have now, tweak it, or just suck it up and return to brown.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I'm shocked that a major change like what the Twins are doing hasn't been leaked or hinted at by some of our intelligence operatives. Glad to see it has its own thread and won't get lost here.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'm shocked that a major change like what the Twins are doing hasn't been leaked or hinted at by some of our intelligence operatives. Glad to see it has its own thread and won't get lost here.

For sure. I wouldn't want news about uniform changes to distract in any way from the ongoing debate about our favorite color(s) of Padres.

I'm pretty sure I've posted this one before, but I'm surprised nobody ever considers a navy blue/yellow color scheme for the Padres:

It's got an ocean/sun look to it, isn't a scheme used in the MLB right now (even though the Brewers probably should be wearing it), and it connects the team to the Chargers (powder blue could come in as an accent, but isn't necessary). I think it'd be a nice alternative to bringing brown back, while adding more color to their look.

As much as I would love for the Padres to bring back the brown, a strong argument can be made for a Navy town like San Diego using very Navy-like colors...

NAVY_HAT2.jpg

So much for that. :) /megathreaded

So Twins adding gold? I'm sure they'll use that shaking hands logo outline as a way to say "we've had it all along."

And no pinstripes... count me among those that look forward to the day in the 2020s that they return on homes and roads as inevitable fauxback homages to their glory years.

So much for that. :) /megathreaded

So Twins adding gold? I'm sure they'll use that shaking hands logo outline as a way to say "we've had it all along."

And no pinstripes... count me among those that look forward to the day in the 2020s that they return on homes and roads as inevitable fauxback homages to their glory years.

Not to be a backseat mod or anything, but the thread you are looking for is here: http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/101002-twins-uniform-update-for-2015/

Let's keep this one about the Padres and how much brown freaking ROCKS. Thanks in advance.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

As much as I would love for the Padres to bring back the brown, a strong argument can be made for a Navy town like San Diego using very Navy-like colors...

NAVY_HAT2.jpg

I'd agree if they were the San Diego Admirals. Dressing the San Diego Padres up in a scheme meant to reflect the US military (and yes, I'm referring to their camo jerseys as well) is just a jumbled mess.

Believe me, I've long pounded the drum for the Padres to actually have a uniform that embraces their actual mascot.

I had a letter published in Print Magazine regarding that when the team went to the Navy/Sand unis and new logotype. The designer defended their work saying it reflected the waves, ocean, and sand that San Diego is known for. To which I asked if they next planned to create a new logo for the Detroit Tigers featuring a shinny car.

Anyway, I think it's safe to say the Padres have long distanced themselves from the actual mascot for years.

Mets changes:

Pinstripe jersey goes from cream to white, becomes primary home jersey. Pinstripe-less white is no more.

Add road alt cap -- blue with grey NY outlined in orange -- to be worn with blue alt road jersey. Regular cap still worn with greys.

Here's the link:

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/mets/post/_/id/96099/mets-tweak-uniforms-for-2015?ex_cid=espnapi_public

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

From CC's twitter:

While the #Mets are eliminating the cream uniform there will be another #MLB team adding one to their uniform rotation next year #shhhsecret

Do we know what team he's talking about? I missed it if it was discussed already.

ALykGdZ.png

Mets changes:

Pinstripe jersey goes from cream to white, becomes primary home jersey. Pinstripe-less white is no more.

Add road alt cap -- blue with grey NY outlined in orange -- to be worn with blue alt road jersey. Regular cap still worn with greys.

Here's the link:

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/mets/post/_/id/96099/mets-tweak-uniforms-for-2015?ex_cid=espnapi_public

So they get rid of the beautiful snow white uniforms, but keep the ugly camo. Fail.

The Mets can't leave well enough alone. After finally looking like the Mets again a few years back, they are already messing things up. I'm surprised the Mets pulled the plug on the snow whites. I know some people thought those were the best home jerseys to distance themselves from the Yankees, but it always seemed wrong to me to lose the stripes after wearing them for 50+ years and winning two championships in them. Either way, I'm glad they made a call and settled on one home jersey.

As for the rest of this, blergh. They should have one cap for games. The road alternate cap is bad and unnecessary (as is the matching jersey), the home alternate cap is awful, and they need to lose the camo. Maybe worst of all, they will have one set of batting helmets. Assuming they'll wear alts on the road close to half the time, and accounting for them wearing home alts and camo bunches, the Mets will probably have helmets that don't match their caps most games. That's inexcusable.

I can live with dropping the whites. Just eliminate the road alt jersey and cap, eliminate the home alt cap, and drop camos permanently. They just can't keep from messing up and bastardizing their look.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Mets changes:

Here's the link:

So they get rid of the beautiful snow white uniforms, but keep the ugly camo. Fail.

Because #wesupportthethetroops

Archived