MLB Changes 2015

TVIXX

Not to long ago they also had a salmon on the team ? :wacko:

Tim Salmon. You could say that he was a pretty decent player...
He was no Trout though.

Anyone remember Bass?

Yeah, but i was not a fan....Salmon and Trout on the otherhand, yum-yum

..... Something's better left unsaid.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eric Sogard had been wearing the throwback stirrups but it looks like now they've given him ones that match the team's current colors.

Zt6zNch.jpg

The A's should go back to using their home cap on the road.

I know most of you don't give a tug about the Rockies, given that there are 6 mentions across 73 pages in this thread (I read the first 20 pages, started out on the side of brown for the Padres, got annoyed to the point where I hate the idea of brown for the Padres, and gave up actually reading the thread for about 50 pages, just using Ctrl + F "Rockies" to check).

However, I would like to chime in and point out a few things about the 2015 Rockies:

There is no black jersey option, except the BP.

There is no monogram black jersey option, except the BP.

Purple Mondays at home will continue this season, so the gorgeous black-on-purple jerseys will still make regular appearances.

The purple pinstripes are back for the white homes, with "Rockies" across the chest.

Three of the four caps (including BP) feature purple bills.

I'm pretty happy about all this, despite the black vests still holding a place in my heart. Anyone still arguing that Colorado is still too heavily black and not purple enough has no leg to stand on any more. PURPLE PINSTRIPES! To me, this is THE Rockies look and I hope they pair them with the all-purple alt caps as often as possible. The primary caps are still all-black, but without a black jersey option, that shouldn't be a problem.

I'm pretty sure the pinstripes have always been purple.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I know most of you don't give a tug about the Rockies, given that there are 6 mentions across 73 pages in this thread (I read the first 20 pages, started out on the side of brown for the Padres, got annoyed to the point where I hate the idea of brown for the Padres, and gave up actually reading the thread for about 50 pages, just using Ctrl + F "Rockies" to check).

However, I would like to chime in and point out a few things about the 2015 Rockies:

Purple Mondays at home will continue this season, so the gorgeous black-on-purple jerseys will still make regular appearances.

The purple pinstripes are back for the white homes, with "Rockies" across the chest.

I'm pretty happy about all this, despite the black vests still holding a place in my heart. Anyone still arguing that Colorado is still too heavily black and not purple enough has no leg to stand on any more. PURPLE PINSTRIPES! To me, this is THE Rockies look and I hope they pair them with the all-purple alt caps as often as possible. The primary caps are still all-black, but without a black jersey option, that shouldn't be a problem.

Yup.

945632a2-ef2c-4419-b355-b2b772ccfb4b_lg.fb2dcbc9d3a94cc69b083be74f0d0e3a.jpg

Go A's!

Yeah - I don't believe they've ever change that.

So what's going on here? Are the Reds bringing this awful hat back or is this just a thing they're selling for no reason?

http://www.lids.com/MLB/Cincinnati-Reds/20767882

Likely the latter. For whatever reason, they've kept selling it as an Authentic even though it hasn't actually been worn in years.

In 2012 the Reds wore the camo version of it.

Bronson+Arroyo+Cincinnati+Reds+v+Pittsbu

I think they just keep it around, like the Rockies all purple cap, just because it might be a top seller in stores

Go A's!

Yes, they've always been purple, but every year rumors surface of them losing the pinstripes, partially because of the loss of them on their road grays. And every year I'm excited to see them again.

Giants are set to announce this tomorrow, but thought I'd leave this here...

image_zpscib99whm.jpg

worst world series champs jersey yet

Totally disagree. Way more creative than the gold around the wordmark that so many teams have done.

Gives them an opportunity to do a throwback and commemorative jersey all-in-one. Works for me.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Yes, they've always been purple, but every year rumors surface of them losing the pinstripes, partially because of the loss of them on their road grays. And every year I'm excited to see them again.

I'm not sure where you're finding those rumors, but I've never heard them. Plus the Rockies wore pinstripes at home but not on the road in the 90s. The purple pinstripes aren't going anywhere unless a massive rebranding takes place.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I don't remember those rumors, either.

Ya I've never heard this either, and I'm a Rox fan who lives in Colorado.

Also is there any confirmation that they are dropping the black vests? They just started wearing them again last season.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

LC9440711.jpg

if the Indians added silver to their colors and outlined the C with silver it would be x1000 better than this. They could even make it a white outline and be better.

From 1978 to 1985 they did just that (white outline), and yes, it did look a lot better.

Archived