The 2014-2015 NHL Boondoggle

Sanic

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, I think the United States and its largest trade partner should be using a common currency, but I think that's several levels above what you want us to discuss.

The drop in the Canadian dollar is going to hurt the league very much, but only in terms of salary cap spending. It shouldn't start bumping off small-market Canadian teams the way the drop did in the '90s, thanks to revenue sharing and the fact that TSN has invested significant money in carrying the Senators and Jets, and Rogers has invested even more money in Canadian hockey broadcasting in general. As far as the cap goes, I wouldn't be surprised to see a rise in ceiling and drop in floor to accommodate teams who did not budget for a Canadian recession as well as teams who have been struggling with the floor for years and need the relief.

Still, even if the $CDN ends up around 88 cents, it's not the Canadian teams who won't be paying the freight for the league.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

SabresRule7361 just responded to my same post for the second time, and dbadddfsne#### conveniently waited until after the Kings lost to respond to it. Is this real life?

Umm...I haven't been on the website from Tuesday up until last night. I was merely debunking your claim that the 'Hawks can't beat the Kings in big games, which they did 2 seasons ago.

Ducks just really aren't catching any breaks. Now Jason LaBarbera is injured. (Roloson was the goalie at today's optional practice.) Not that LaBarbera was essential or anything, but he was needed. (Because to me, it looks like Andersen is getting a little tired starting all of these games right now without Gibson to spell him for legitimate rest.)

Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks. Lovejoy still out, but closer. Gibson still out a couple weeks. Stoner battling "mumps-like symptoms" (although, at this length, wouldn't it just be the mumps? And again, seriously, the :censored: ing mumps!?!). Heatley has been out practically all season.

I just like a healthy d-corps and crease. Is that a bad thing to want?

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I like what I've seen at times from the Blues and Ducks this year. I think Nashville/Minnesota have staying power in the West. Don't know what's gonna happen with Colorado/Dallas, Calgary/Vancouver could make it to the finish line.

In the playoffs, it's all about matchups. Let's be honest- do the Wild stil get to round 2 if they drew St. Louis instead? And what happens if Colorado faced Chicago, who played more into their wide-open style?

Let's see how the matchups shake out before everyone gives Chicago/LA a free pass to May.

I think back to 2009-10 when New Jersey/Washington/Pittsburgh/Buffalo were far and away the best East teams for months, and somehow Montreal/Philly found a way.

I like what I've seen at times from the Blues and Ducks this year. I think Nashville/Minnesota have staying power in the West. Don't know what's gonna happen with Colorado/Dallas, Calgary/Vancouver could make it to the finish line.

In the playoffs, it's all about matchups. Let's be honest- do the Wild stil get to round 2 if they drew St. Louis instead? And what happens if Colorado faced Chicago, who played more into their wide-open style?

Let's see how the matchups shake out before everyone gives Chicago/LA a free pass to May.

I think back to 2009-10 when New Jersey/Washington/Pittsburgh/Buffalo were far and away the best East teams for months, and somehow Montreal/Philly found a way.

g6kawoq.gif

and Artem Anisimov is out three months with a torn triceps. So the Blue Jackets are back to missing 3 of their 4 NHL centers.

I've never seen a team so decimated by injuries. It's amazing they haven't had a team-wide case of the mumps.

I'll see you guys in the 2015-2016 NHL thread. From now on I'll be posting exclusively in the Connor McDavid thread.

PvO6ZWJ.png

and Artem Anisimov is out three months with a torn triceps. So the Blue Jackets are back to missing 3 of their 4 NHL centers.

I've never seen a team so decimated by injuries. It's amazing they haven't had a team-wide case of the mumps.

I'll see you guys in the 2015-2016 NHL thread. From now on I'll be posting exclusively in the Connor McDavid thread.

The sad thing is that they are probably still better than the Flyers.

I'd say that it's a clever move to bring back a fan favorite once you already know your season is lost, except

1) is their season lost? The Devils are bad, but they're in a bad division, and it's only December 1st

2) Was Scott Gomez a fan favorite in the first place?

3) There's no way Lamoriello is doing this for those reasons anyway. Might as well bring back Brodeur now.

Devils signed Scott Gomez and rolled out an Elias-Gomez-Jagr line in practice.

Dear Christ.

More like the OLD Jersey Devils! amirite? I guess the Devils thought they were too young. Lou looked around and said, "you know what we need around here? A veteran forward." I didn't know the NHL had a senior tour. Jamie Langenbrunner's probably not doing anything. Why not give him a call?

PvO6ZWJ.png

I'd say that it's a clever move to bring back a fan favorite once you already know your season is lost, except

1) is their season lost? The Devils are bad, but they're in a bad division, and it's only December 1st

2) Was Scott Gomez a fan favorite in the first place?

3) There's no way Lamoriello is doing this for those reasons anyway. Might as well bring back Brodeur now.

I think he was, but he betrayed them when he signed with the hated Rangers.

Dear Christ.

More like the OLD Jersey Devils! amirite? I guess the Devils thought they were too young. Lou looked around and said, "you know what we need around here? A veteran forward." I didn't know the NHL had a senior tour. Jamie Langenbrunner's probably not doing anything. Why not give him a call?
Damn rite ! Guess they want the team to be as old as Lucifer himself

GOMEZ!? GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheap signing but he will do nothing except fill a roster spot and as a Montreal hockey fan it still pains me that my team the league pays this guy.

AFTER SCOTT GOMEZ SIGNING

5b0167fe69ed490b2c17f88a49793192d83568f5

NOT THIS GUY AGAIN!

It's a rare occasion for me to feel decent about the Panthers. I am getting that feeling this year. I don't think they are great, but atleast good enough to get in to the playoffs. Most of you know more about this wonderful sport than I do. Am I just a starving man buying in to fools gold?

It's a rare occasion for me to feel decent about the Panthers. I am getting that feeling this year. I don't think they are great, but atleast good enough to get in to the playoffs. Most of you know more about this wonderful sport than I do. Am I just a starving man buying in to fools gold?

They can't make the playoffs with a lineup as punchless as this one. Luongo and Montoya can't sustain this performance, whereas this forward corps can certainly sustain theirs. My guess is they finish back around their customary 9th/10th place, but not before a few turns in the wild card positions.

They can't make the playoffs with a lineup as punchless as this one. Luongo and Montoya can't sustain this performance, whereas this forward corps can certainly sustain theirs. My guess is they finish back around their customary 9th/10th place, but not before a few turns in the wild card positions.

I will take that. I'm a thirsty man. I would be happy with some March interest.

Dear Christ.

Maybe they can revive good-ole' Pat Burns from beyond the grave while they're at it.

Archived