This is October: 2014 MLB Postseason Thread

AnythingChicago

Sorry that some general good fortune of the Cardinals in years past isn't numbing me to the frustration of the moment. I must be a terrible person.

Giants good fortune aside, I would do anything to get a new manager. He has killed his club yet again.

You can have Fredi "No, We Won't Use Our Closer For Two Innings In An Elimination Game" Gonzalez.

Be happy with what you have.

LOL. No. Matheny is a BRUTAL manager, and I refuse to be happy with him just because his GM gave him a great roster.

And yes, Gonzalez is bad too. But if he were in charge of the Cardinals, they'd still (all else being equal) make it to this point. The roster gets the Cardinals here. The skipper in charge stops them from bringing home the hardware.

I want him out of that dugout so freaking bad.

Getting Choate in there again was really a brutal move, smh

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shelby Miller just got knocked around to the point that Mike Matheny was ready to pull him in the 3rd, except that he wasn't literally ready because he's never prepared for anything and waited too long to get a reliever up.

Erstwhile White Sox manager Terry Bevington once came on the field and signalled to the bullpen but no one was warming up, so he just sort of walked in circles for a while like an eloping Alzheimer's patient. I think Keith Foulke eventually came in but it certainly didn't help Bevington continue his employment.

Bevington brought the rare combination of being a terrible in-game manager, being openly hated by the players, and being openly hated by the media.

Not all the media; the Score's one female host allegedly blew him

don't get me wrong I'm all for female reporters being allowed in the clubhouse just as long as they promise specifically not to suck off Terry Bevington

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Both fans of these cities have known nothing but heartbreak. Their hometown fans each aching for one small glimmer of success.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

And with that, the Baseball Disciples of Lucifer have been exorcised.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The Giants win the Pennant!! The Giants win the Pennant!! The Giants win the Pennant!!The Giants win the Pennant!!The Giants win the Pennant!!

And they going Crazy!!

That being said....this is eerie similar to the 2002 NLCS when Lofton walked off in Game 5 against these same Cardinals, and we all know what happened after that. Go Royals!

qvxym9f.png
Many thanks to Discrimihater for making the sig.

Royals vs. Giants.

Can't say I thought this was possible earlier this season, especially given the Giants' 2 and 1/2 month midseason slump and the Royals' past 29 years of existence. Either way, we have trolled the Trollbirds, avenged our most hated rivals, and are headed back to the Series against the powerful Royals!!!! Nice work!

@BestFansStLouis is having a field day. It's truly awful. The tweet about blaming Ferguson for the Cardinals' woes was gold.

twitter

@BestFansStLouis is having a field day. It's truly awful. The tweet about blaming Ferguson for the Cardinals' woes was gold.

I thought they would be Raider fans with their free wheeling usage of the word fag to describe San Francisco fans.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

I think I'll be looking for a new team in April. Not happy with the Cardinals organization. Not because of the NLCS loss, no one really expected them to beat the Dodgers. But the awful defense, manager decisions, etc. The bitterness might be too much for me to continue to root for the Cardinals.

Go Sharks

Go Royals

I think I'll be looking for a new team in April. Not happy with the Cardinals organization. Not because of the NLCS loss, no one really expected them to beat the Dodgers. But the awful defense, manager decisions, etc. The bitterness might be too much for me to continue to root for the Cardinals.

Go Sharks

Go Royals

Uh, what? Almost every other organization wishes they were the Cardinals organization. You're ridiculous.

IUe6Hvh.png

Yea, sorry Radniz, but as a guy who's feeling the same about the hockey team we like, I'd recommend holding off a bit and getting a bit more perspective because there's very few teams who will offer you a similar level of success that the Redbirds have had.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Welp, it was a good series, but the Giants have won.

May the best set of terrible fans enjoy their team's World Series win.*

* - This is a sarcastic response to CS85. :P

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived