This is October: 2014 MLB Postseason Thread

AnythingChicago

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SHOULD WIN FOR THE SAKE OF BASEBALL PURITY:

Royals, Nationals, Pirates, A's, Orioles.

COULD WIN AND NOT BE A TOTAL DISASTER:

Tigers, Angels, Dodgers

edit: CAN WIN BUT IT'S BEEN DONE AND IS TIRESOME:

Giants

IF THEY WON, ALL GRACE WILL FALL AND SATAN WILL REIGN AGAIN:

Cardinals

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

HAIL SATAN!

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Tigers, Angels, Dodgers

Cardinals

I love my Cardinals and Satan won't reign again

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

Tigers, Angels, Dodgers

Cardinals

I love my Cardinals and Satan won't reign again

I don't...I don't understand. Are you saying they're not good enough to win the world series? Are you taking my religious statement literally? Are there horse socks? Is anyone listening to me?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Edit: transplanted this post, and it's really important: I never realized that the mothership has a picture of the entire Cardinals roster on their logos page!

Cardinals-new-alterante-2013-front-and-b

twitter

Tigers, Angels, Dodgers

Cardinals

Forget the Giants at your own peril :P

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Hoping the Nationals will end the DC sports curse. I hate that I have such a vivid memory of the Redskins last Super Bowl win back in 1991. I was just six years old then. I'm pushing 30 now.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Tier 1:

The "I'll Be Merrily As Hell If I Die The Day After The Clincher From A Head-On Car Collision, Because I Saw One World Series Title In My Lifetime."

Los Angeles Dodgers

Tier 2:

The "I'll Be Most Happy For Fans Of These Teams In The Event My Team Doesn't Win It."

Kansas City Royals

Baltimore Orioles

Pittsburgh Pirates

Tier 3:

The "Meh, Not Really Bothered By These Teams Winning It, But Here's To 2015."

Anaheim Angels

Washington Nationals

Tier 4:

The "Whoopie, You Guys Finally Won Once In Your Runs, Now Quit With The Whole Possum Act In Future Postseasons, Please."

Oakland Athletics

Detroit Tigers

Tier 5:

The "Teams Satan Has Sent From The Ashy Shores Of The River Styx To Unleash Nightmarish Hell To The Hatred Of 1,000 Burning Suns Singing 'Highway To Hell'."

San Francisco Giants

St. Louis Cardinals

Edit: transplanted this post, and it's really important: I never realized that the mothership has a picture of the entire Cardinals roster on their logos page!

Baseball isn't about having a bunch of notable personalities. It's about playing unselfish ball for the betterment of the team. The fact that they all feel interchangeable just proves that the Cardinals are doing it the right way.

Baseball isn't about having a bunch of notable personalities. It's about playing unselfish ball for the betterment of the team. The fact that they all feel interchangeable just proves that the Cardinals are doing it the right way.

mj-laughing.gif

edit: Update on why your team is a pestilence on this earth

twitter

I'll wait a few days before polluting everybody with my long-winded, condescending predictions and analysis. For now, I'm just glad I can finally venture back into this thread and it's not been desecrated with crownking and PhantomDreamer nonsense. That's the biggest reason I just GTFO from the prior thread.

Anyway, here's my preference list, from least wanting to most "wanting".

10) St. Louis
9) San Francisco
8) Anaheim
7) Baltimore
6) Los Angeles
5) Detroit
4) Pittsburgh
3) Kansas City
2) Washington
1) Oakland

I'm driven by my own narratives. I've made my feelings about the current playoff system very clear by now. Anybody who honestly thinks that the games being played on Tuesday in KC or Wednesday in Pittsburgh are playoff games are dopes. I hate the best-of-5 LDS. I hate that Bud Selig found, perhaps, the only thing more ridiculous than a best-of-5 LDS and added that to the "playoff" format. Can't wait until this hypocritical crook is gone from the sport.

--

Because I know this would come up - no, the Cardinals aren't last on my list because "lol someone hates the cards". It's entirely because I've seen two Cardinals teams in the last calendar decade enter the playoffs with underwhelming regular season results then go on to win the World Series. The 2014 Cardinals were an underwhelming team. I couldn't care to see St. Louis pull the hat trick in this department. If the two Cardinals titles of the past decade were from years like 2004, 2005, or 2013, when they won 97-105 games, I wouldn't complain at all about them. 83 wins and 91 wins (or 90, with regard to 2014) is an entirely different discussion.

spacer.png

Archived