2014-5 NBA Season Thread: We Are North American Ballerz

buzzcut

Spurs fans are so spoiled. They act as if 50 wins is their birthright. If they only win 48 games, they'll light pitchforks.

I'm sick of them. I have never hated an NBA player more than Tim Duncan. The day he retires will be a great day for basketball.

You have issues...

irony.jpg

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spurs fans are so spoiled. They act as if 50 wins is their birthright. If they only win 48 games, they'll light pitchforks.

I'm sick of them. I have never hated an NBA player more than Tim Duncan. The day he retires will be a great day for basketball.

dafuq.jpg

I see you've met SabresRule. Don't even mention the LA Kings.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

dafuq.jpg
I see you've met SabresRule. Don't even mention the LA Kings.

Yeah, but his sentiments about the Kings are shared by about 80% of the CCSLC community. Who would have those sentiments about the San Antonio Spurs?

Who in the world can hate Tim Duncan?

I don't even hate Tim Duncan even though the Spurs whooped the Knicks in the '99 Finals.

The man is as classy as they come and will not be a great day when he is gone.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

No, because the Thunder are basically Spurs Junior, and if he hates hockey teams that use analytics or anything deeper than "I feels it in muh guts," then he'd hate Buford and Presti too. Basketball has gone to the NERRRRRRDS

I don't even hate Tim Duncan even though the Spurs whooped the Knicks in the '99 Finals.

If you win 2 titles in a relatively short period of time, you're on his list. No questions asked.

The Spurs are one of the most "likeable" teams out there. Blue-collar, team-first guys, instead of me-first ballhogs that collectively bring their team down as well as being unlike-able people. Only team in town, small market taking down teams like the big-shot Lakers and the Heat.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

The Dallas Mavericks currently lead the 76ers 64-26 with 3 minutes to go in the first half.

The 76ers are now in their third season of doing eff all. Time to contract the franchise; this is cynicism with no possible end game in mind.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Anyone else hear how Derrick Rose says he's sitting out of games so that his legs aren't sore in business meetings twenty years from now?

when I sit out it's not because of this year. I'm thinking about long term. I'm thinking about after I'm done with basketball. Having graduations to go to, having meetings to go to, I don't want to be in my meetings all sore or be at my son's graduation all sore just because of something I did in the past.

HOW HARD IS IT TO SAY YOU'RE TAKING IT EASY FOR THE PLAYOFFS?

And of course Deadspin is all over this with their elitist crap about how if you find this notion of sitting out of games to sit comfortably at a faraway high school graduation highly distasteful, you don't respect athletes as complicated human beings and you probably love hockey and hate black people.

Anyone else hear how Derrick Rose says he's sitting out of games so that his legs aren't sore in business meetings twenty years from now?

when I sit out it's not because of this year. I'm thinking about long term. I'm thinking about after I'm done with basketball. Having graduations to go to, having meetings to go to, I don't want to be in my meetings all sore or be at my son's graduation all sore just because of something I did in the past.

HOW HARD IS IT TO SAY YOU'RE TAKING IT EASY FOR THE PLAYOFFS?

And of course Deadspin is all over this with their elitist crap about how if you find this notion of sitting out of games to sit comfortably at a faraway high school graduation highly distasteful, you don't respect athletes as complicated human beings and you probably love hockey and hate black people.

It crossed race as Stephen A. had a diatribe on Sirius XM today too. The clip was replayed during the 5pm hour of the LeBatard radio today when he was on with Dan and "Stugoz". That interview should be easily available.

The Dallas Mavericks currently lead the 76ers 64-26 with 3 minutes to go in the first half.

The 76ers are now in their third season of doing eff all. Time to contract the franchise; this is cynicism with no possible end game in mind.

Overreaction much? They tried being a treadmill team and chasing the folly of "competing while rebuilding," and it got them nowhere. They also tried getting stars like Elton Brand (at the time) and Bynum, and it blew up in their faces. What else are they supposed to do?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I personally am enjoying the overdone crowd reactions whenever he inevitably grabs his knee/ankle/leg/upper dorsimus. It's part of the show.

It's akin to the And 1 Mixtape tour, only instead of doing insane 360 reverse windmills it's Derrick re-aggravating an injury. The audience's "OOHHH!"s are virtually indiscernible.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Sports don't make you happy at all. Please consider alternative hobbies such as model trains, picking up garbage in your town's public spaces, or building articles of clothing out of the pull-tabs from soda cans.

They swear there's an end game, it's just not clear what it is. The possibilities:

1. They realized you can't get better as an 8 seed every year so they're stocking up 1st round picks and good euro guys even if the guys are hurt. Next year they could have Nerlens Noel,Joel embid, Michael CW, Dario sarek (in Croatia or Turkey now but supposedly a great player), and this year's #1 pick. All of those guys will be cheap so they can also throw money at other players.

2. They're moving the team, probably to NJ. That's what I think is going on. The owner's only tie to the area is he graduated from Wharton, and he already owns the Devils and the Prudential arena. 3 NY area teams? Why not.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

This I agree with. May not be a fan of the Spurs. But hate on Tim Duncan?

Archived