2015-16 Soccer Kits and News

crashcarson15

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, look at Man U. Their shirt sponsor is a product that's not even sold in the UK.

Not strictly true as quite a few of General Motors range are sold under the Chevrolet banner here now but they are definitely targeting other markets rather than just the UK by sponsoring their shirts.

Chevrolet%20Trax%20(7).jpg

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Look at the number of Premier League shirts in the past few years which have carried logos in Chinese, likewise the advertising hoardings at matches rolling through ads in various south east Asian languages. It's not the domestic supporters that are being targeted, it's the massive TV audiences on the other side of the world.

Yeah, look at Man U. Their shirt sponsor is a product that's not even sold in the UK.

Not strictly true as quite a few of General Motors range are sold under the Chevrolet banner here now but they are definitely targeting other markets rather than just the UK by sponsoring their shirts.

Chevrolet%20Trax%20(7).jpg

Only for a few more months.

IMPORTANT CUSTOMER INFORMATION:

NEW CAR SALES TO CEASE 31 DECEMBER 2015

Chevrolet is ceasing its new car business in Europe. Chevrolet UK Limited is expecting to cease the sale of new Chevrolet vehicles on 31 December 2015.

With the exit from the new car sales business in Europe, do you plan to cancel your partnership with Manchester United?

The partnership with Manchester United is of global nature and we intend to continue this relationship to help build the Chevrolet brand around the globe. We are particularly proud that the Chevrolet bowtie is now on the new shirt of Manchester United.

I find the new logo to be ok but think it's silly to feature all of North and South America on the logo when the team is only based in Miami. I get that they may want to appeal to Central and South Americans but the team's logo shouldn't feature that.

I find the new logo to be ok but think it's silly to feature all of North and South America on the logo when the team is only based in Miami. I get that they may want to appeal to Central and South Americans but the team's logo shouldn't feature that.

I know man... it's crazy that a team would do such a thing.

ClubAmericaLogo-1.png

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Just noticing that Barcelona is wearing different socks today in the UEFA Super Cup game. The ones that were officially released with the kit, and were also worn throughout the preseason, had the yellow chevron design on the back of the socks, whereas the ones they are wearing today have the chevron design in the same blue color as the base of the socks. Not sure if this is a permanent change or not, but IMO it looks much better.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

brisbane-roar-2015_16-all-five-kits.jpg

Brisbane Roar unveiled their kits this week. Orange home kit is back to black shorts this season thankfully. White is the league away, grey is the cup away kit (which won't get a run as they were knocked out last night...). Strangely enough the home shirt is the same as the "one-off" kit worn vs Liverpool apart from the sponsor...

I like the keeper kits, probably popping up everywhere this season in Umbro clubs?

liverpool-1.png

ClubAmericaLogo-1.png

Doesn't make it any less stupid.

What makes me sad is that we seem to be losing the locally-based sponsors and now all you see are online betting houses, airlines from the mid-east and tourism boards from countries no one wants to go to (Azerbaijan? Really? Why would I leave Madrid to go to Azerbaijan?) If I want to buy a Valencia jersey, I want a local or at least a Spanish company on the front.

I buy Everton things because that is who I follow in the EPL, but I find it hard to believe that anyone in Liverpool is drinking Chang beer. I would much rather get an Everton jersey with Cains Brewery, John West foods or Lambrini, but I guess those jerseys would not sell well in China and southeast Asia.

Amen to that. Some of the more fitting ones I can think of, current and old...

74314d9389bc46b4cef5bab9194b3692.jpgNIK_40270_A.jpegSEA_home%28FORMATTED%29.jpgCHV_homekit%28Formatted%29.jpg

All great examples. Newcastle in particular though should never have another sponsor.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

ClubAmericaLogo-1.png

Actually, this one works perfectly, because it's Club AMERICA. As in, the Americas. For FC Miami, though, it's definitely silly.

XCUfRbB.jpg

I buy Everton things because that is who I follow in the EPL, but I find it hard to believe that anyone in Liverpool is drinking Chang beer.

Chang sponsor Everton's shirts because the Premier League is broadcast on TV to millions of people in Asia. Which is their actual target audience rather than people living in Liverpool close to the team.

Look at the number of Premier League shirts in the past few years which have carried logos in Chinese, likewise the advertising hoardings at matches rolling through ads in various south east Asian languages. It's not the domestic supporters that are being targeted, it's the massive TV audiences on the other side of the world.

Do people honestly believe that Man U are converting more U.S. fans to support their club because their jersey sponsor is Chevrolet? Am I the only one who thinks the logic of such a policy sounds stupid?

XCUfRbB.jpg

ClubAmericaLogo-1.png

Actually, this one works perfectly, because it's Club AMERICA. As in, the Americas. For FC Miami, though, it's definitely silly.

Yes, that's what I was getting at. The fact another team does it doesn't make Miami's use acceptable. It works for one but not the other. This was comparing apples to oranges.

There target for the sponsorship was Asia. Since United has a huge viewership in Asia, Chevy tried to grab as many eyes as they can and this was one way to do it.

ClubAmericaLogo-1.png

Club America also plays in Copa Sudamerica or Copa Libertadores from time to time so they are staking a claim to all of North, Central and South America. So there's that link here as well.

Could have (has been) worse:

miami_fc_official.jpg

The original version was at least a little better:

Miami_FC.png

That's a previous incarnation of Miami FC, not the current group.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived