2015-16 Soccer Kits and News

crashcarson15

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update on FC Cincinnati: as well as the typical logo explanation guff that greets these unveilings, there seems to be an alternate (it has no accompanying commentary, and the file name only refers to a "emblem" http://www.fccincinnati.com/fc-cincinnati-logo/

emblem_lrg.png

I like that a lot more than the one posted earlier...

Just call it soccer club you jackasses.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

It's the tail end of 2015, but Ottawa Fury debuted a new third kit tonight featuring, of course, plaid.

coPzC.jpg

The new Ottawa teams seem pretty intent on building brands based on an industry that's been buried under the carpet for well over 100 years.

More on topic (I couldn't find a good match photo) but I noticed it features gradient shorts. It's seeming to be a common design this year across manufacturers. I don't mind the odd one with an iconic or interesting design (see: Man U's third kit shorts), but I really don't want to see it become a popular trend.

Of course that only makes sense in the most Spanglish of senses, since, if it's going to be Spanish, it should be Club de Futbol (CF).

Both Futbol Club and Club de Futbol are acceptable. If you see a team in Spain using FC ala Barcelona, it's because they used the title of the team as a way of sticking their middle finger to Franco who actually decreed that FC Barcelona be labeled CF Barcelona while he was in power. specifically because the Camp Nou was the only place Catalans could speak ill of the government without reprisals.

km3S7lo.jpg

Β 

Zqy6osx.png

Β 

^ That was a convenient truth for Barcelona, who were founded in 1899 by a Swiss man who named the club Foot-Ball(/Vall) Club Barcelona. They didn't switch from Castilian to Catalan until the 1910s, so if Futbol Club is acceptable in the Catalan language, it's a happy coincidence. Of course, Spain's many Spanishes is such a complex issue that I don't doubt they were a point of contention during the Franco years, but like everything else, Barca wants you to think their identity is purely "the heroes who stood up to Franco".

I know Liga MX has a mix of CF and FC clubs too. A lot of the FC clubs were formerly named AC and often founded by non-Spanish speakers, or recently renamed from something else entirely to the present name containing FC, so it seems like the same sort of thing as a U.S. club naming themselves FC (which I'm opposed to as well).

So yeah, both FC and CF are acceptable, but I think only CF is authentic (just like SC is the only authentic U.S. abbreviation), unless (possibly) you speak a certain dialect like Catalan. And I'm not so sure that the FC Cincinnati emblem is trying to reach out to Catalan fans.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

Just as dumb as Real Salt Lake. If you want to use another language, why not what your city is know for: German. Fussballclub at least relates to Cincinnati in an obscure way. It'd still be stupid but at least there is a reason for the stupidity.

Everything about this team just seems badly done except for the money involved. Which probably means they'll be ok...

Yeah, the numbers/names probably needed to be white. Also, not sure why they didn't go with black socks to complete the gradient look.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded |Β Behance portfolio

Β 

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I'm a big fan of those N98 jackets by Nike for years now. But the two versions for Galatasaray this season are the best I've seen so far. If I'd be a fan, I'd buy these in a heartbeat (well, if I wouldn't live in Berlin).

BUT I don't like that Nike doesn't put the team names on the back anymore.

2lninsz.jpg117cz20.jpg

n2g384.jpga41yc9.jpg

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Watching Liverpool vs. Bournemouth right now, and I have to say Bournemouth's clash looks pretty great. The white really pops on all that blue and black and the fade to blue works fine.

Actually, has this been posted yet? I haven't seen this kit since you mentioned it:

Bournemouth-15-16-Kits%2B%25287%2529.jpgBournemouth-15-16-Kits%2B%25288%2529.jpg

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Bournemouth's kit probably wasn't posted because it's not new. The picture you posted was from last year when Cabrini was the manufacturer, this year JD took the same kit from last year and replaced all of the Cabrini logos with theirs. It is a nice kit, tho.

Β 

spacer.png

I noticed that the badge was recolored to match the shirt as well.

I thought that was a great touch too.

Bournemouth's kit probably wasn't posted because it's not new. The picture you posted was from last year when Cabrini was the manufacturer, this year JD took the same kit from last year and replaced all of the Cabrini logos with theirs. It is a nice kit, tho.

You'll have to forgive us for not following Bournemouth up to this point -_-

I watched the Barca-Bilbao game afterward and I think the keeper kit Claudio Bravo was wearing is my favorite for this season. That's how to have Catalan pride while keeping it subtle enough to work as a uniform.

Barcelona-vs-Athletic-Club-Bilbao-Spanis

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

New kit sponsor this year as well.

Archived