2014 NCAA Football Thread

Chicageaux

Well what do you know? Utah State does what was once thought impossible at the least-expected time and beats previously-unbeaten BYU in Provo. Party like it's 1978!!

But man, these teams need to stop playing their QBs. First, Taysom Hill in 2012, then Chuckie Keeton in 2013, now Taysom Hill (again) this year.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well what do you know? Utah State does what was once thought impossible at the least-expected time and beats previously-unbeaten BYU in Provo. Party like it's 1978!!

But man, these teams need to stop playing their QBs. First, Taysom Hill in 2012, then Chuckie Keeton in 2013, now Taysom Hill (again) this year.

What a huge win for the Utah State program!

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

And Chuckie Keeton again this year.

Great win for USU. A couple years ago when Keeton was healthy, he was one of my favorite players and I always rooted for the Aggies (still do) and it's great to see them get this big win. Although, you have to feel bad for BYU and Taysom Hill.

With Oregon losing, it looks like Gameday will just move 90 miles down the road to Starkville next week if both Mississippi State and Auburn win.

Or to College Station, if both Ole Miss and Texas A&M win.

No way they would go to 3 SEC schools in a row.

Where else would they go?
Not sure if they go to the CBS game for consecutive weeks.

Next week is the CBS doubleheader week, so they get first and fourth pick of games. ESPN has picks two, three, and five (#5 is for SEC Network. SEC Nation has been booked for Fayetteville for the last three weeks, so that isn't moving.

ABC/ESPN will carry the following games for sure, so they are possible:

Waco: TCU@Baylor

Tucson: USC@Arizona

And the fail save location, the Texas State Fair in Dallas for OU/Texas.

How huge is this weekend for the SEC schedule?

Florida-Tennessee, which used to be easily one of the top 5 "Biggest Games of the Year in all of College Football" annually, is only the (at best, mind you) 4th-best game....in the conference....this week. We'll find out just how legit these teams in the SEC West are today (particularly, those outside of the state of Alabama)....but Alabama-Mississippi, LSU-Auburn, and Texas A&M-Mississippi State.

Much like Michigan....while it's nice to beat a team when they're down, it's much more fun to see your teams beat the likes of Michigan, Florida, and Tennessee when they're good-to-great.

Well, today is the biggest game in the Tim Beckman era so far for Illinois. Kinda sad that a home game against Purdue takes that title, but that's where we're at right now.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

With Oregon losing, it looks like Gameday will just move 90 miles down the road to Starkville next week if both Mississippi State and Auburn win.

Or to College Station, if both Ole Miss and Texas A&M win.

No way they would go to 3 SEC schools in a row.

It's ESPN and the SEC, now please re-evaluate that statement.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Wow, what another great win for Mississippi State. I didn't think they had it in 'em to get another win today. I guess that justifies that #12 ranking alright.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Man, it must be a good time to be a MIssissippi State fan. (dance)

Very good time. Not only have we beaten two top 10 teams, we've dominated them. If we beat Auburn next week, then this will probably be one of, if not the best season in school history. There's no doubt that Dak Prescott is our best QB ever. It's fun having a player in the Heisman race.

I know Bret Bielema is a tool. But I just feel compelled to say that I was in the minority in terms of being a UW alum that was not itching to see him go. I think our fans were a bit greedy. Melvin Gordon is good but you can't win as a one-trick pony.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Melvin Gordon runs for a career high (160+ yards) with (figuratively, of course) no quarterback for the defense to think about.

Wisconsin's days of being a "program" appear to be numbered though.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived