2014 NCAA Football Thread

Chicageaux

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some thoughts about today's games:

• West Virginia beating Baylor is something I did not see coming and this could possibly end their playoff hopes in the process. Also K-State's win over Oklahoma ends all chances of a playoff berth for the Sooners
  • I'm even more shocked about Alabama shutting out Texas A&M by that margin of 59-0.
  • I might get some flack, but Minnesota is a very underrated team and their only loss was to a very good TCU squad. Yes they did only Purdue by one, but the Boilermakers are far better this year than last year.
  • As I said in another thread, I did went to my first ever FBS football game with Louisville vs NC State and I'm glad that DeVante Parker is back because he's a beast. The defense played well for most of the game and finally, the offense is starting to score points. Cards win 30-18 against the Wolfpack. I hope the Cards bring on their "A" game in two weeks because FSU is going to the 'Ville and it will be entertaining.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

If I had known what would happen by the time 2013 and 2014 rolled around, I know I would've made more of an effort to appreciate the 2006-2009 Florida teams a whole hell of a lot more than I did.

(And I thought I appreciated them pretty well at the time, too. Obviously, not enough.)

Any chance Muschamp is fired by the Georgia game? I mean, no way he lives to coach another year in Gainesville. That much is all but certain barring some incredibly unlikely circumstances. That offense is painful to watch. At one point, if I remember correctly, Florida trailed 42-0 and the Missouri offense didn't even have 100 yards of total offense yet.

IUe6Hvh.png

If I had known what would happen by the time 2013 and 2014 rolled around, I know I would've made more of an effort to appreciate the 2006-2009 Florida teams a whole hell of a lot more than I did.

(And I thought I appreciated them pretty well at the time, too. Obviously, not enough.)

When I saw the score was 42-0, my first thought was "Muschamp won't be employed for much longer.". Any loss to Missouri was going to make his seat hot...but yeah, he's not surviving this season. He may not even see the Georgia game.

As for Georgia, good two games without Gurley. Good two games, period.

I really hope the top 3 stay the same... Mississippi State had a bye week and they shouldn't budge. Florida State needs to see what it feels like to not be ranked #1 in consecutive weeks. Ole Miss is fine where they are. Baylor is gonna drop like a ton of bricks....

I see the Top 4 come next week to be a pro-SEC wet dream...

1. Mississippi State

2. Florida State

3. Ole Miss

4. Alabama (sigh)

-----------------------------

(5-10)

5. Michigan State

6. Auburn

7. Oregon

8. Georgia

9. TCU

10. Ohio State

I really hope the top 3 stay the same... Mississippi State had a bye week and they shouldn't budge. Florida State needs to see what it feels like to not be ranked #1 in consecutive weeks. Ole Miss is fine where they are. Baylor is gonna drop like a ton of bricks....

1. Mississippi State

2. Florida State

3. Ole Miss

4. Alabama (sigh)

(5-10)

5. Michigan State

6. Auburn

7. Oregon

8. Georgia

9. TCU

10. Ohio State

If ND drops out of the top 10, I'll be shocked.

1. Mississippi State

2. Florida State

3. Ole Miss

4. Alabama (sigh)

(5-10)

5. Michigan State

6. Auburn

7. Oregon

8. Georgia

9. TCU

10. Ohio State

If ND drops out of the top 10, I'll be shocked.
If anything they'll realistically be between 8-10...

Any chance Muschamp is fired by the Georgia game? I mean, no way he lives to coach another year in Gainesville. That much is all but certain barring some incredibly unlikely circumstances. That offense is painful to watch. At one point, if I remember correctly, Florida trailed 42-0 and the Missouri offense didn't even have 100 yards of total offense yet.

Tessitore was noting some rhetoric from AD Jeremy Foley about how the situation will be re-assessed at the end of the season.

That sounds all fine and dandy, but if that's the case, then Foley sure must have changed his own policy and university policy since the time when they, well, you know, fired Ron Zook midseason back in 2004 (and this cannot be stressed enough - Florida never sank to these depths during the Zook era, and that's really saying something because I, like most Florida fans, have very few fond things to say about the Ron Zook era other than "thanks for all the recruits"). They have no problem pulling the trigger back then, and the only thing that even saved Muschamp after 2013 was that fluky 2012 season with a team that dick-tripped 11 wins out of their schedule through the SEC East being the SEC East of modern times and being on the fortunate side of several close games (and only losing by eight points in a game where Georgia should've eviscerated them).

When I see the game Florida State played tonight, and see the game Florida played tonight...yeah. The jealousy meter is pretty far off the charts right now. It kinda sucks that the only time I can feel real emotion watching college football right now is courtesy Florida State playing tight games late, and not because of anything good Florida's doing. What happened tonight in the Swamp might've been, from a single game performance POV, the nadir of Florida football in the modern era. They were down 42-0 in their own stadium. I never thought I'd see Florida look that bad. Transitive property football dictates that Georgia should win by approximately 900 points two weeks from now.

I stuck with Muschamp much longer than most of my brethren did. I jumped out of that boat after the Alabama game. I did so with good reason - that boat is gonna end up in the bottom of the ocean somewhere. Frankly, after tonight, it's probably reached the ocean floor.

spacer.png

Such a garbage offensive-PI call to end the FSU-ND game.

Not sure how that's garbage. The receiver was making no attempt to run a route. He was just pushing the DB backwards. That's as blatant an OPI call as you can get.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

If the SEC West fails to win the national title this year, it'll be the biggest failure in SEC history.

All season long, we've heard how the SEC West is good enough to get three teams in the playoffs and that most teams couldn't survive the SEC West gauntlet.

Well, they have NO excuses.

Archived