2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

Live stream on the Blue's homepage. Right now it's a poorly recorded jam band.

All I hear is the base playing. Its funny and terrible at the same time.

They finally fixed it, but yea, it was a solid 5 minutes of just bass and drums. Hilarious bass and drums.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How come most of you complain about the hem/yoke difference in this instance, yet I've never heard of anyone complain about the Bruins inconsistency?

Bruins50.png

Bingo! I would argue that a jersey looks better with those two design elements being different.

blues-2014-home.jpgblues-2014-away.jpg

Blues almost win. Why the extra space in the sleeve and hem stripes? Why not use the same color sequence from the shoulders for those, including using the royal as the main sleeve/hem color on the aways?

So very, very close to being perfect. As they are, they're simply quite nice.

I don't want to hear a single complaint about these jerseys

Too bad. ;)

I'm guessing the only reason for the white space would be without it, it would be pretty much be a carbon copy of their pre-edge jerseys. If you had one of the old ones, then there wouldn't be much of a reason to go out buy the new one just for a new collar and different shaped shoulder yoke. Nonetheless it is a very nice jersey and the cleansing of the original Edge jerseys is almost complete. Calgary and Colorado, you are on the clock. (Buffalo: get rid of the chest numbers and weird striping, too).

I'd argue that even that minor change wouldn't warrant a new jersey purchase, but I know some fans need every version no matter what.

I love these. Look great.

The blue jersey is awesome, and I can even forgive the gap in the sleeve and hem stripes. But it becomes a bit more noticable and distracting on the white jersey. By having the white next to the yellow, it draws a lot more attention to the yellow.

Still, a great improvement compared to the previous set.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

How come most of you complain about the hem/yoke difference in this instance, yet I've never heard of anyone complain about the Bruins inconsistency?

Bruins50.png

Bingo! I would argue that a jersey looks better with those two design elements being different.

Right you are, Morgo. Right you are.

The reason they have the lighter blue as the dominant color on the yolk of the white uni is because light blue is their dominant color!

If they use the dark blue as the dominant color there would not be much light blue on the away jersey. Last time I check that is how the pre-edge set was as well. 10/10 for me.

Blues22.png

Right, so I would make the large part of the hem stripe royal so that it matches the royal bluenote on the away and the navy hem stripe to match the navy bluenote on the home (if that makes any sense, I'm doing like three things at once here so excuse my incoherent rambling).

okay, having seen the full uniform... socks included... i retract my complaints. they look really nice head to toe. good job, blues. can't stand the team, but at least they look really nice again.

I know there are a lot of Backes haters on these boards, but he just took a really cute selfie with this little girl and the assistant captains.

Yes, ColeJ, one of the first things I said after the unveil was: "ooh, I like the socks!"

one of the best parts of the new uniform:

the collar on the home jersey. they could have done so much with that collar, but they didn't. it's just navy blue and blends in. it works. it looks great. more teams should take note.

Here are some stills of Oshie and Pietrangelo wearing them:

Oshie_Blue_BluesJerseys2206_slide.jpgOshie_Blue_BluesJerseys2210_slide.jpg

Oshie_Blue_BluesJerseys2222_slide.jpgPetro_White_BluesJerseys2176_slide.jpg

Petro_White_BluesJerseys2164_slide.jpgPetro_White_BluesJerseys2186_slide.jpg

They look stellar. The socks especially look superb!

Actually, you know what my favorite part about these jerseys are? The fact that the bottom of the hem is completely navy, blending in with the pants. No longer is there that awkward curve of the jerseys that Reebok has "blessed" us with. The illusion of the good old flat CCM jerseys is now here. :D

Yes, yes, yes.

I don't mind the yoke not matching the hem and arm stripes because the numbers pick up the pattern instead. That and the royal blue crest are why the white uniforms are a little ahead of the blue ones.

Archived