2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

senators_third.jpg

And yeah, sadly it does look like what the Binghamton Senators are moving to, which is sad, but it's not like they really had an identity before hand anyway.

You know, the template itself isn't horrible. That stupid wordmark killed it. With an actual logo on it it would probably look pretty OK.

senators_third.jpg

And yeah, sadly it does look like what the Binghamton Senators are moving to, which is sad, but it's not like they really had an identity before hand anyway.

You know, the template itself isn't horrible. That stupid wordmark killed it. With an actual logo on it it would probably look pretty OK.

No way, the more I see it, especially with junior and college teams, the worse the template looks. It's a complete mess with mismatched items, the sleeve stripes, the side slashes, the underarms, the random laceup...serious cluster of unrelated messes.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

They copy/pasted the illustrations from the past season's Stanley Cup designs smack dab in the middle of the badge. Either some higher-up within the Islanders organization hired their nephew to design this, or the Islanders marketing team is 20 years behind the industry standard in terms of software.

Wow, I didn't notice that at first. In hindsight, the Cups are the only thing with a black outline. The lack of stuff at the bottom is bothersome also.

Also, the Stanley Cups in the front are shorter. Not just placed lower, actually chopped off at the bottom.

"Tradition on Ice" sucks as a slogan. Are you putting your tradition on ice, i.e. in storage? Is your tradition already on ice?

And besides the illustration of the building itself, there's no notation at all about the Coliseum or Nassau or Long Island (outside the Isles logo) at all. If you don't know what it's supposed to be, how is anyone supposed to know what this is for?

Exactly, to the average person this probably looks like an anniversary logo. Like they're just celebrating 43 seasons in general.

Oh sure, it looks fine on a hanger, the side panels minimalized and the stripes looking normal, but when you start seeing it like this:

Ottawa-Senators-Black-Alternate-Third-Je

That it starts to take its true, hideous form.

1) Buffaslug

2) Thrashers BMX

3) SENS

The Buffaslug template is exactly what it reminds me of. Filled with random and unnecessary colour splotches that get lost or distorted, depending on the angle of the player. Very likely the two templates were conceived during RBKs plans for tucked in uniforms.

Oh sure, it looks fine on a hanger, the side panels minimalized and the stripes looking normal, but when you start seeing it like this:

1) Buffaslug

2) Thrashers BMX

3) SENS

The Buffaslug template is exactly what it reminds me of. Filled with random and unnecessary colour splotches that get lost or distorted, depending on the angle of the player. Very likely the two templates were conceived during RBKs plans for tucked in uniforms.
Shortening Senators to Sens and then placing that on a jersey? Unbelievably ridiculous. Isles...Bolts...absolute garbage.

1) Buffaslug

2) Thrashers BMX

3) SENS

I don't mind either template... it's just that the crests on them are garbage. They're busy, but they still look like the same team no matter what angle you get. It's not like the crazy Maryland football uniforms from a few years ago.

Probably best to go with a traditional look, though, if your identity is based around 2,000 year old politicians and gladiators.

Even the color commentator on the radio broadcasts is an intern!

Also actually true! One of my best friends from high school went to Hofstra and was their color man for two years. Awesome experience for him, but yeah.. the Islanders!

They're so damn cheap that they're not even on a real commercial radio station. They're on WRHU Hofstra's radio station (yep I had to download the app to listen to the games...) and the signal doesn't even reach Suffolk County.

Full NYI Coliseum logo revealed

995608_10154495268895263_425376711336806

This logo is hideous

This logo is as broke as Nassau County.

I guess last year they used a FM station to extend the signal to Suffolk. But a NHL team in a large market should have a station wanting to broadcast games. It shouldn't be relegated to a college radio station.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Aren't there any big AM stations in New York that can spare some evening hours? Even a Korean station or something?

The Korean station on Long Island carried the Islanders a very long time ago (before they were a Korean station) but it was a 5000 watt station and had signal issues. Maybe they'll get a major AM station when they move to the hipster haven err Brooklyn.

I guess last year they used a FM station to extend the signal to Suffolk. But a NHL team in a large market should have a station wanting to broadcast games. It shouldn't be relegated to a college radio station.

oh man, that FM station deal was also a doozy. The signal to that station essentially ended at the Coliseum. Still, not college radio and somewhat stronger of a signal.

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Archived