2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whether you prefer the Roman Theme or the Heritage look, can we all agree that the "SNES" jersey was an absolute travesty?

unless I'm missing something I thought most of the SNES sprites used the yolk/stripe template that was prevalent up to about 96 or so.

maxresdefault.jpg

psst, this SNES Jersey:

senators_third.jpg

And yeah, sadly it does look like what the Binghamton Senators are moving to, which is sad, but it's not like they really had an identity before hand anyway.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/Lowdawg/E1BA109D-278E-4975-91F2-3853E54FE426_zpsds9sauya.png[\img]

Look closely and you'll see a white version of the Ducks' "duck foot" jersey.

WHAAAAAAAT?!?!?! NO WAY!!!!!

Screenshot2014-06-27at110218AM.png

451342526_slide.jpg

451342518_slide.jpg

So I don't know if this is a case of the team store not having the new numbers yet (they don't have the new jerseys either, black or white), or a mistake by putting the old numbers on, or a legitimate change, but Ryan Kesler made his first appearance in Anaheim today and his jersey did not have the orange number outlines:

image_zps865ab969.jpg

In a quick instagram video, you can also catch a glance of the gold outline around the numbers.

I actually think it looks better.

EDIT: Here you go

DSC_0097164539310_slide.jpg

DSC_0113164601383_slide.jpg

DSC_0105164549043_slide.jpg

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Sneak peak at the Islanders' final season at the Coliseum emblem, complete with the usual smacking you upside the head with symbolism that the Islanders have indeed won four Stanley Cups, all in a row

Bvam8dRCQAAxFdx.png

You make it sound like that is some kind of run-of-the-mill accomplishment? The Coliseum deserves a good send off. Some historic hockey played on that ice, regardless of the fact that most of the last 30 years has been subpar.

Not hockey-related, but that Dr J guy had some epic performances in that building as well with the ABA New York Nets.

Whether you prefer the Roman Theme or the Heritage look, can we all agree that the "SNES" jersey was an absolute travesty?

unless I'm missing something I thought most of the SNES sprites used the yolk/stripe template that was prevalent up to about 96 or so.

psst, this SNES Jersey:

senators_third.jpg

And yeah, sadly it does look like what the Binghamton Senators are moving to, which is sad, but it's not like they really had an identity before hand anyway.

oh I see. It's the first i've heard of it being called the 'SNES' jersey. For some reason I was thinking of NHL 96 SNES pixel graphics.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Full NYI Coliseum logo revealed

995608_10154495268895263_425376711336806

A bit too much empty space in that logo, no? "Tradition on Ice" needed to take up more space.

That circle is about as empty as Nassau is on any given night.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Full NYI Coliseum logo revealed

995608_10154495268895263_425376711336806

A bit too much empty space in that logo, no? "Tradition on Ice" needed to take up more space.

That circle is about as empty as Nassau is on any given night.

MSG would be just as empty if the Rangers had the same record as the Islanders the past 20 years.

"Tradition on Ice" sucks as a slogan. Are you putting your tradition on ice, i.e. in storage? Is your tradition already on ice?

And besides the illustration of the building itself, there's no notation at all about the Coliseum or Nassau or Long Island (outside the Isles logo) at all. If you don't know what it's supposed to be, how is anyone supposed to know what this is for?

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

They copy/pasted the illustrations from the past season's Stanley Cup designs smack dab in the middle of the badge. Either some higher-up within the Islanders organization hired their nephew to design this, or the Islanders marketing team is 20 years behind the industry standard in terms of software.

They copy/pasted the illustrations from the past season's Stanley Cup designs smack dab in the middle of the badge. Either some higher-up within the Islanders organization hired their nephew to design this, or the Islanders marketing team is 20 years behind the industry standard in terms of software.

Wow, I didn't notice that at first. In hindsight, the Cups are the only thing with a black outline. The lack of stuff at the bottom is bothersome also.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

Archived