2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

I can't be the only one on this board who hasn't seen any of the Mighty Ducks movies, can't I?

The first one's on Netflix streaming right now. I watched it for the first time as an adult... Coach Bombay is a real a-hole. It's hard to root for him.

The Mighty Ducks and D-2 are both on Netflix. It's a fun look back... And I thought I heard a story where it was supposed to be a little darker and grittier before Disney made it the child-friendly product we saw. I mean, the man was arrested for a DUI and you're going to let him coach children for his community service?

---

But speaking of Ducks and actual jersey things, I think we can fully and truly put to bed the gold/orange number trim speculation. This from the Ducks' Facebook page:

Well his first act as coach was to endanger everyone's lives by having his driver drive a full-size car onto the pond ice.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't be the only one on this board who hasn't seen any of the Mighty Ducks movies, can't I?

The first one's on Netflix streaming right now. I watched it for the first time as an adult... Coach Bombay is a real a-hole. It's hard to root for him.

Second one is also on Netflix. Forgot how ridiculous that final game was. Seriously, and I may be in the minority here, but the third one is probably my favorite.

And yes, I would love to see something in the way of the blues. A rumor or something. I'm thinking their won't be too many major changes. Probably just getting away from the edge template.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

The Mighty Ducks and D-2 are both on Netflix. It's a fun look back... And I thought I heard a story where it was supposed to be a little darker and grittier before Disney made it the child-friendly product we saw. I mean, the man was arrested for a DUI and you're going to let him coach children for his community service?

Spot on about the DUI sentences in Minnesota - back in those days, he was likely looking at a $50 fine tops.

I think the back numbers are. The previous ones were squat to the point of being square. Could be the perspective of the photo, too.

And again, it could be because the team pro shop still doesn't completely have its act together.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

---

But speaking of Ducks and actual jersey things, I think we can fully and truly put to bed the gold/orange number trim speculation. This from the Ducks' Facebook page:

10533450_10152431708528472_8472006942348

Is it just me, or do those sleeve numbers looked photoshopped?

Specifically near the serifs on the 5 and the 1, and the general black outline around them both.

5amlwx.jpg

---

10533450_10152431708528472_8472006942348

Is it just me, or do those sleeve numbers looked photoshopped?

Specifically near the serifs on the 5 and the 1, and the general black outline around them both.

100% they are.
untitled-6.jpg

Why would those kids be so stoked to wear the NHL Ducks jerseys, when they never wore anything close to that in the first movie? Hell, they were just the D-5 Ducks, they were never referred to as the Mighty Ducks. And why would the rest of the kids from around the country all be excited to be Ducks?

Because, Ducks fly together!

D2 is just a stupid, stupid movie. The kids are more excited about playing as the Ducks then they are as Team USA? Really? And that "swap the player with the really good shot with the goalie" trick is just insulting. Even for the genre. The first one is genuinally good as far as plucky underdog sports movies go, and the third one has its charm. The second though? Gah.

:o How dare you? D2 is by far the best of the trilogy. The first one had way too many kids who didn't serve a purpose/were uninteresting, and the 3rd didn't have enough Bombay. Plus neither of them had a street hockey game with a bunch of inner city kids in South Central Los Angeles set to "Whoomp There It Is". Every one of these movies are ridiculous, so I am able to laugh at things like "DE GOALIE!", or "2 minutes for roping". I also understand why they chose a country like Iceland as the villains instead of a place like Canada or Sweden. The studio was probably worried about alienating potential markets by making them the bad guys, so they picked Iceland. I still can't get over the fact that Wayne Gretzky went to the dressing room to support Team USA though :flagcanada:.

Can we have two threads for this? One for random hockey jersey talk and one for actual releases...

I keep seeing this thread bumped and come in hoping to see a new sweater buts its nothing but talk...

CreamSoda, (You'll see two new sweaters very soon. :D ) ===> For the folks wanting to hear some news about the St. Louis Blues, guess what, I have news for you. The Blues are unveiling their new uniforms on Sunday. Now, as for the Mighty Ducks logo. It isn't the only cartoony logo in Hockey. What about the Penguins' and the Sharks' logos? Those are cartoony and people seem to like them, well, at least the Penguins one. The Sharks current logo from what I hear isn't the most popular Sharks logo, their Original one is. What's wrong with the Mighty Ducks logo? I'd rather have that than a webbed 'D', even though it is a clever idea.

It was fun watching the first MD movie after I'd lived here for a while.

"I've skated there... and there... and there... and broke my leg on that rink... and skated there..."

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I can't stand Mighty Ducks because they seem to think that PeeWee hockey in Minnesota is a step away from the NHL.

Mike Modano sees him, "Gordon Bombay! What happened to you? You were so good in peewee!"

I swear Disney had the script to Miracle laying around and decided to 90s-ify and kid-friendly it so thoroughly that we'd never recognize it.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

FWIW, here is how the numerals are supposed to look (using #51 as an example):

Sleeve Numerals:

AnaheimDucks_USN5101a_2014-9999_SCC_SRGB

Back Numerals:

AnaheimDucks_UBN5101a_2014-9999_SCC_SRGB

Other than spacing (I eyeballed the distance between the numbers since I don't have exact measurements), these are the real deal.

Unless of course, they change (!).

Man, some of you people really can't lighten the hell up about Mighty Ducks movies. #augusthockeyposting

speaking of lightening up on the ducks movies, I want to say I read somewhere that there was a darker more gorey/alternate version of the movie. Was there any truth to that or was it debunked? I've always been curious about it.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

If you guys wrote a Mighty Ducks movie, it would just be a bunch of kids playing hockey and then talking about how they need to play Mighty Ducks hockey and get pucks deep. So realistic, though!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Sneak peak at the Islanders' final season at the Coliseum emblem, complete with the usual smacking you upside the head with symbolism that the Islanders have indeed won four Stanley Cups, all in a row

Bvam8dRCQAAxFdx.png

You make it sound like that is some kind of run-of-the-mill accomplishment? The Coliseum deserves a good send off. Some historic hockey played on that ice, regardless of the fact that most of the last 30 years has been subpar.

Man, some of you people really can't lighten the hell up about Mighty Ducks movies. #augusthockeyposting

speaking of lightening up on the ducks movies, I want to say I read somewhere that there was a darker more gorey/alternate version of the movie. Was there any truth to that or was it debunked? I've always been curious about it.
Miracle :D

Archived