2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

No, they're right; the previous versions stank. The pre-Edge set was gorgeous, and these are a nice homage to those.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, they're right; the previous versions stank. The pre-Edge set was gorgeous, and these are a nice homage to those.

Opinions are opinions.

EDIT: Whoops, didn't mean to "like" your post Mockba, as I respectfully disagree with it :P

Love 'em. The only gripe I have is that the yoke on the away, compared to the home, is backwards.

That I can get on board with. It makes the homes a little too dark, where the aways let the royal blue breathe and shine a bit more.

I usually go with the colored sweater in my collecting, but I might make the exception and pick up a road with this Blues set.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

10/10

The Blues new uniforms are perfect. As good as the pre-edge set was, these blow them out of the water which is high praise indeed. The waist and sleeve stripes are much more bold than that universally acclaimed set and the gap between them doesn't bother me at all. Who says the striping around the yoke has to be the same? It's a nice homage to the original uniforms. Last thing I have to say is thank god they didn't change the Bluenote. Easily one of the best logos in the league and without question the best iteration since 1967. I hope they never change their uniforms again.

blues-2014-home.jpgblues-2014-away.jpg

Blues almost win. Why the extra space in the sleeve and hem stripes? Why not use the same color sequence from the shoulders for those, including using the royal as the main sleeve/hem color on the aways?

So very, very close to being perfect. As they are, they're simply quite nice.

I don't want to hear a single complaint about these jerseys

Too bad. ;)

I'm guessing the only reason for the white space would be without it, it would be pretty much be a carbon copy of their pre-edge jerseys. If you had one of the old ones, then there wouldn't be much of a reason to go out buy the new one just for a new collar and different shaped shoulder yoke. Nonetheless it is a very nice jersey and the cleansing of the original Edge jerseys is almost complete. Calgary and Colorado, you are on the clock. (Buffalo: get rid of the chest numbers and weird striping, too).

these are a massive massive upgrade, but there's still a few things i don't like about the stripes.

the blue jersey looks miles nicer than the white.

not as nice as the set these are mimicking, but like i said, lightyears ahead of what they've worn the past few years.

Archived