2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

If they had replaced the Wild Wing crest with the hockey mask logo, changed the font to the normal block, and added an actual hem stripe (instead of the "ice" WW was busting through, then the Duck's first jade jersey would've been great.

I agree

MightyDucks2concept.jpg

Now that's a stunning third jersey ! Would have been so much better that way

I'm going to be honest. I think the full Wildwing duck suits that jersey a lot better.

Just wondering if the Ducks are upgrading the 3rd wouldn't it be the only one not on sale? all three are 30% off online, makes me wonder if they will modify it.

If they have also put the third on sale, that would make a lot of sense. I can't see them changing the third in anyway if they are promoting it, (If they actually are.) but, at the same time, it could be a change as small as a new shoulder patch, but, I don't think that's the case. The Ducks might have put it on sale just because the other two are on sale too as part of some type of Team/NHL clearance. As I say that, the Blues could be on the same page, though it sounds like their third jersey is on its way out.

On that note, has anybody bought Premiers recently?

I didn't really have time to look closely, but is Reebok actually stitching the crest and the screen-printed patches to the jersey? I thought I saw stitches on the Leaf shoulder patches when I passed by a Sportchek recently.

It's not going to make me buy one--not until the shoulder patches are embroidered again and the price comes down significantly--but I guess they're listening to customer input or something? The shoulder patches look really flimsy.

Orgo, I have looked at my Premier jerseys and I notice that the crest is glued on and I'm pretty sure it's also heat-pressed. The shoulder patches are terrible. The patches on my one jersey have faded and yes, all the shoulder patches have stitches. The only way you can get Reebok jerseys with embroidered shoulder patches is if you buy an authentic jersey, however, the problem with those is that they charge an arm and a leg for them. Even the price for a Premier jersey is ridiculous, especially with how cheap the shoulder patches are. The NHL's website is selling Authentic Turd Burgers for almost $400 U.S. alone! Yikes, no thanks, I'll save my money. The saddest part in all this is that NIke charged even more than that for their Olympic jerseys and their jerseys were an even bigger joke. It's like they cut out pieces of Ziplock bags and glued the damn things onto the jerseys. Finally, when it comes to Premier jerseys, it actually depends on the jersey. The crest on my Premier Vancouver Millionaires jersey is actually stitched on and made of actual felt.

They've always stitched those tacky plastic shoulder patches on for some bizarre reason.

Anyway, Premier jerseys are flimsy and overpriced, and you should avoid them. And definitely avoid the screened twill NHL Shop customization.

I think they are stitched on because it's much cheaper than actually embroidering the damn things onto the jersey. Screened Twill sucks too. These are nothing more than cheaper, half-assed ways to put jerseys together for less to make more money. It's ridiculous. For the replicas, the shoulder patches should at least be embroidered like the authentics.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hearing that third jersey was being promoted to home and that there would be a road version to go with it, I came up with these possibilites, put in the order from left to right, top to bottom, of my own preference:

2014DucksRoadB_zps2691548e.png

(Yes, I used my own name and number. I wasn't taking the time to change it.)

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Top-left and center-left are probably their two best options, so no way we'll see either one of those.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Hearing that third jersey was being promoted to home and that there would be a road version to go with it, I came up with these possibilites, put in the order from left to right, top to bottom, of my own preference:

2014DucksRoadB_zps2691548e.png

(Yes, I used my own name and number. I wasn't taking the time to change it.)

I would pick either the bottom left or bottom right, but add an orange yoke and that would be perfect imo. But then, Top left seems like the most obvious one, or something similar to it

They'd go with bottom-left or bottom-right of those nine. Too much orange and a phantom yoke would fit the Ducks' apparent desire to look really clunky.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Reading the brief convo last page, I have to say that Colorado looks waaay worse than Calgary. The Flames are mess, but at least has the slightest resemblance of a hockey uniform. The Avalanche on the other hand are an unmitigated disaster with no positives besides perhaps their decent but outdated logo.

I think someone just hates the Flames...

Phillies, Bears, and new NYFC fan.

The only reason why I didn't try one with orange shoulders is because the black jersey doesn't already have them and there's nothing in the identity that would have stopped them from doing so.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Reading the brief convo last page, I have to say that Colorado looks waaay worse than Calgary. The Flames are mess, but at least has the slightest resemblance of a hockey uniform. The Avalanche on the other hand are an unmitigated disaster with no positives besides perhaps their decent but outdated logo.

I think someone just hates the Flames...

What kills the Flames are those awful flag shoulder patches which transform a previously great colour scheme to one that uses every colour in the rainbow. If they ditched the shoulder patches I would agree that Colorado is worse.

What makes the current look so disappointing (flags or not) however, is how fantastic the team looked prior to the introduction of the Edge Uniform System. They went from the top 5 to the very bottom in one season.

From what I understand, middle-bottom is the winner and what will be shown on Friday at the NHL Draft.

aoNffBm.jpg

The black yoke and orange parts in the sleeve and hem are giving me a headache. It's just weird to me.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

Why does it even need a yoke in the first place? It doesn't fit with the modern, diagonal stripes and makes the design seem cluttered. The phantom version on the soon-to-be doesn't work either.

ANA_2003_alt.jpg

It might be an upopular opinion, but i'd love to see an edgified version of these for the Ducks. Keep black as a primary color but coming back to the originis with some eggplant. Perfect

I want to like that uniform, but the black and dark purple just mix into each other, even with the white and silver striping.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

ANA_2003_alt.jpg

It might be an upopular opinion, but i'd love to see an edgified version of these for the Ducks. Keep black as a primary color but coming back to the originis with some eggplant. Perfect

I like this, but not enough to bring back as a full time set. I've had enough of the current Ducks wordmark jerseys as is.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Archived