2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

Regardless of what you think of the design, you do not change a uniform you won 2 cups in the 3 years in...

I wish someone in Pittsburgh would have said that in the summer of 1992...

Why?

The uniforms they switched to are better.

They really weren't. The robo penguin just didn't hold up as well as the skating penguin. And really, how could it? :D

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why?

They really weren't. The robo penguin just didn't hold up as well as the skating penguin. And really, how could it? :D

I think it was a lateral move as far as the logo went. Both of those crests look fantastic for different reasons. The skating penguin is cartoonish but in a charming way with a notable amount of history behind it. Two championships included of course. The other logo depicts a penguin in far more realistic manner without compromising the general idea of the crest. It is still a penguin within a gold triangle and the three stripes representing the rivers was a nice touch.

One area the redesign absolutely nailed however is the striping. The striping of that set marked a huge improvement over the dated cup jerseys, particularly the white version which looked terrible.

What if they had put the skating penguin on both of those redesigned jerseys? I doubt that would have caused as much of an uproar if any.

With the next WC confirmed, what do you think the teams will wear?

I think that a red version of the Caps WC set would be safe, but bringing back the blue screaming eagle set would be neat. A white version of the Hawks' WC uniform?

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

Regardless of what you think of the design, you do not change a uniform you won 2 cups in the 3 years in...

I wish someone in Pittsburgh would have said that in the summer of 1992...

Why?

But it's a better logo, and despite the name, actually looks more like a real Penguin

I'm so sick of the Ducks having awesome uniforms.

Luckily for you, the Ducks haven't had awesome uniforms since they retired these:

gsNLt28.jpg

9W68vmm.jpg

Really? Their classic 93-06 set wasn't awesome but those glorified practice jerseys were?

Phillies, Bears, and new NYFC fan.

Unsurprisingly, turns out Andersen's mask isn't really a jersey leak at all.

More Ducks rumours are circling around Twitter. It's mostly the same stuff we know already, and seems to be confirming the current third being promoted and the new white being introduced. Word is we'll be seeing a new orange third in 2015-16. Apparently - but I'm not sure where - Murray said the wordmark is going, so that probably means the current home won't be demoted like I thought it might, but retired altogether.

In a way, it's surprising that the Ducks would go a season without a third, but if it means no more soulless wordmark jersey then I'm all for it.

Or they might just be replacing the wordmark with the webbed D. Nobody flat out said the third's being promoted, yet.

I think it was a lateral move as far as the logo went. Both of those crests look fantastic for different reasons. The skating penguin is cartoonish but in a charming way with a notable amount of history behind it. Two championships included of course. The other logo depicts a penguin in far more realistic manner without compromising the general idea of the crest. It is still a penguin within a gold triangle and the three stripes representing the rivers was a nice touch.

One area the redesign absolutely nailed however is the striping. The striping of that set marked a huge improvement over the dated cup jerseys, particularly the white version which looked terrible.

What if they had put the skating penguin on both of those redesigned jerseys? I doubt that would have caused as much of an uproar if any.

The perfect Penguins jerseys would be what you described, without the shoulder yokes and with robo penguin as the shoulder patch.

Luckily for you, the Ducks haven't had awesome uniforms since they retired these:

gsNLt28.jpg

9W68vmm.jpg

Really? Their classic 93-06 set wasn't awesome but those glorified practice jerseys were?

I wouldn't call them practice jerseys, but they're far away from being "awesome". Too much of the tacky shiny metallic striping, too much focus on silver as a tertiary colour, too much forcing in black and yellow. The white jersey is the better of the two, but not by much.

Unsurprisingly, turns out Andersen's mask isn't really a jersey leak at all.

More Ducks rumours are circling around Twitter. It's mostly the same stuff we know already, and seems to be confirming the current third being promoted and the new white being introduced. Word is we'll be seeing a new orange third in 2015-16. Apparently - but I'm not sure where - Murray said the wordmark is going, so that probably means the current home won't be demoted like I thought it might, but retired altogether.

In a way, it's surprising that the Ducks would go a season without a third, but if it means no more soulless wordmark jersey then I'm all for it.

Or they might just be replacing the wordmark with the webbed D. Nobody flat out said the third's being promoted, yet.

Seems Bob Murray apparently confirmed it at the Ducks' open house event. The only source I could actually find is a fansite. I'd take it with a pinch of salt, but there's no reason to assume this fan is making stuff up. Says the new jerseys (probably meaning the white one) will be unveiled at the draft. Also says Selanne's number will be retired in January.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

I've actually seen that site before, and they were talking about a possible Mikko Koivu trade to Anaheim.... I'm not sure if that's the most reliable site.

Hi GrimReaper and WildWing64,

I am the owner of that blog. It's call www.ducksnpucks.com. Yes I did write the article about Mikko coming to Anaheim. Many fans were saying that it was going to happen. I actually wrote that article dismissing a trade for Mikko would ever happen. The article put that rumor to rest especially when the Ducks let go of Saku Koivu.

Everything mentioned at the Open House is true. One of my staff writers attended the event and relayed all the info.

Thanks!

Everything mentioned at the Open House is true. One of my staff writers attended the event and relayed all the info.

That's good to know. Puts one uniform rumour to rest, at least. Now we just need to wait and see what it looks like.

Also, welcome to the boards!

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

That's good to know. Puts one uniform rumour to rest, at least. Now we just need to wait and see what it looks like.

Also, welcome to the boards!

Thanks! Yeah they didn't specifically say what the away jersey would be. I was thinking the big "D" but on a white jersey? Also heard rumors the new 3rd jersey would be a thrown back to the old school ones. Again this is just rumored, as you said we need to wait and see.

gsNLt28.jpg

9W68vmm.jpg

I wouldn't call them practice jerseys, but they're far away from being "awesome". Too much of the tacky shiny metallic striping, too much focus on silver as a tertiary colour, too much forcing in black and yellow. The white jersey is the better of the two, but not by much.

They also had a cheesy font and the terrible wishbone collars. Those were one thing I was glad to see gone with the introduction of Edge.

The wishbone collars are the least of those jerseys problems... They are too top heavy, use way too much of that sheen material and incorporate yellow into the striping.

The Ducks original set was perfect whether it had the shoulder patches or not. There was no need for two of those vastly inferior jerseys. The jade version by itself would make an acceptable if unremarkable alternate.

gsNLt28.jpg

9W68vmm.jpg

They also had a cheesy font and the terrible wishbone collars. Those were one thing I was glad to see gone with the introduction of Edge.

The font on their current jerseys is worse and more cheesy than the font on the vertical stripe set.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived