2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

I'm glad you wouldn't be upset if it were you. Congratulations. Others disagree and would rather not be faced with a choice between paying for recustomization or being outdated on a sweater they bought last season. Not sure why you need to be so contrary on the subject.

nothing to worry about, people are grasping for straws.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Means: did they have you mock them up with outlines as well? If so, can we see some of the alternative options and perhaps a mockup of what they might be going with, of EA is correct in their single black outline proclamation?

I'm still not sold on their home greens, but they absolutely nailed that white jersey, and it does look great with that single-color numbering. It emphazies the Stars going back to making green their primary color. Shame I can't find an authentic of it for sale.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

After a year of seeing it, I absolutely hate the Dallas Stars logo. Admittedly, the previous one was one of my favorite logos in hockey. It was simple and sharp. The new logo, the new uniform design, it all screams AHL to me. I just hate it. I just wonder how long we'll have to look at that and the atrocity that Winnipeg has been using since they came back.

Means: did they have you mock them up with outlines as well? If so, can we see some of the alternative options and perhaps a mockup of what they might be going with, of EA is correct in their single black outline proclamation?

yes, click on my dribbble link, I posted a shot of various version of the font.

@MWHL: I seriously cannot believe you think the previous Stars logo was a decent logo, and everything about their old uniforms screamed AHL to me. Now they have simple clean traditional looking hockey uniforms, and could be one of the best sets in the league.

I'm still not sold on their home greens, but they absolutely nailed that white jersey, and it does look great with that single-color numbering. It emphazies the Stars going back to making green their primary color. Shame I can't find an authentic of it for sale.

They should've flipped the black and white stripes on the green jersey. Would've avoided the Blackhawks St Patricks/ Rangers comparisons and IMO would've looked better.

PvO6ZWJ.png

After a year of seeing it, I absolutely hate the Dallas Stars logo. Admittedly, the previous one was one of my favorite logos in hockey. It was simple and sharp. The new logo, the new uniform design, it all screams AHL to me. I just hate it. I just wonder how long we'll have to look at that and the atrocity that Winnipeg has been using since they came back.

Seconds after it was unveiled, there was a backlash from dropping the gold completely. The ownership were able sell us the changes and most of us are now sold. Even though it's not the classic colors, everything else just works so well. I can't let petty feelings get in the way from admiring an incredible design.

Stars uniform still needs Texas shoulder patch and green helmets.

I think the roundels are fine. They fit perfectly with the green yokes.

Green helmets would be a nice nostalgic touch, but I don't think they'll replace the black helmets in real life.

They should've flipped the black and white stripes on the green jersey. Would've avoided the Blackhawks St Patricks/ Rangers comparisons

But then you're creating a whole new problem. As it is now, black and green have been kept as far away from each other as possible. The white's separating them in order to keep them from clashing.

After a year of seeing it, I absolutely hate the Dallas Stars logo. Admittedly, the previous one was one of my favorite logos in hockey. It was simple and sharp

To me the old logo was something of a modern classic. But the new one completely trounces it in every way, along with feeling like a natural progression of the North Stars/Dallas Stars franchise identity. It keeps the original star shape, and by having only the big D instead of the full name it's less cluttered. It's simpler and sharper than what they had before.

The new logo, the new uniform design, it all screams AHL to me.

Funny, because a majority of AHL teams have much less simpler logos and random click and fill Reebok Edge templates instead of traditional hockey uniform designs.

Stars uniform still needs Texas shoulder patch and green helmets.

Green helmets could work. But there's no reason to use the Texas state patch on the shoulders. The original wasn't that great a logo to begin with, but the new one just feels unbalanced and uncomfortable to look at. It's the one and only part of the current identity that I hate.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

someone with the skills needs to photoshop a photo of the stars home uniform with a green helmet. i'm totally on board, but want to see what it would look like in reality.

another tidbit i just thought of, if the star add a black outline, then the brand new retirement banners are no longer going to match the road jersey. again, after less than a year.

i'd like to think the stars had more confidence in their original design than to make such a change after one year.

But there's no reason to use the Texas state patch on the shoulders. The original wasn't that great a logo to begin with, but the new one just feels unbalanced and uncomfortable to look at.

Personally, I think the Texas patch would look pretty darn cool. Anything is better than a lazy roundel logo. Especially one that looks like a Heineken bottle cap.

The Catch of the Day!

someone with the skills needs to photoshop a photo of the stars home uniform with a green helmet. i'm totally on board, but want to see what it would look like in reality.

another tidbit i just thought of, if the star add a black outline, then the brand new retirement banners are no longer going to match the road jersey. again, after less than a year.

i'd like to think the stars had more confidence in their original design than to make such a change after one year.

Ray+Whitney+San+Jose+Sharks+v+Dallas+Stagreenhead_zps4db06cc7.png

I thought I'd prefer black until I saw it. Surprised how much I like green. I could really go either way on their helmet color.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived