2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

I ready hope they don't add an outline to those stars numbers... It would be a downgrade, and rightfully piss off everyone that just bought the new uniforms less than a year ago.

because changing the number outline somehow invalidates the team jersey you currently own?

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I ready hope they don't add an outline to those stars numbers... It would be a downgrade, and rightfully piss off everyone that just bought the new uniforms less than a year ago.

because changing the number outline somehow invalidates the team jersey you currently own?

It would make any customized sweater obsolete only one year after the redesign. I could see that pissing some fans off.

most people expect to get more than one season of "accuracy" when they buy a newly re-designed uniform. and since stars authentics weren't made available until around new years anyway, that's only a couple months of accuracy for my nichushkin sweater (assuming the numbers ARE changing, and on both sweaters.)

still, i'm not convinced they've made any changes. if they still don't have the number font correct, and they're still using the wrong cut with rounded shoulders, why are we taking their number outlines as gospel?

Just checked the source we order NHL player kits from, and they're listing Dallas 13-14 and Dallas 14-15 as two separate styles. A welcome change, if true.

Edit: Tried to add Dallas 14-15 to am order, just for kicks to see if it was different and got the message "style not available until fall 2014."

Excellent news. I absolutely hate the shade of gold they have. So drab and dull. Even if it's just an alternate, it will be a welcome addition.

I must be in the minority on this, but I absolutely love the Vegas Gold.

spacer.png

Just checked the source we order NHL player kits from, and they're listing Dallas 13-14 and Dallas 14-15 as two separate styles. A welcome change, if true.

Edit: Tried to add Dallas 14-15 to am order, just for kicks to see if it was different and got the message "style not available until fall 2014."

Are the 13-14 & 14-15 Blues jerseys listed as different styles?

Word is the Pens will go with a new Black and Yellow alt next season!

You forgot to mention it'll be based on the Lemieux's cup era !
skating penguin is childish.........black jersey with diagonal letters is awesome, and the white jersey with "robo" penguin is great as well....imo

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1434859

My prediction is diagonal PITTSBURGH with skating penguin on the shoulders.
And i .......**** in my pants :)

Then it´s just a shame they don´t have any good players who´s name you could get on a jersey.....since i allready got two jerseys with #71.......hehehe

It would make any customized sweater obsolete only one year after the redesign. I could see that pissing some fans off.

Calling them "obsolete" would be a bit hyperbolic, no? I mean it's a change to the outline of the numbers, we're not talking a complete jersey/logo redesign here. If it bothers you that much, you could easily have the new numbers put on it. It's not like you have to go out and buy a completely new sweater here.

I'm glad you wouldn't be upset if it were you. Congratulations. Others disagree and would rather not be faced with a choice between paying for recustomization or being outdated on a sweater they bought last season. Not sure why you need to be so contrary on the subject.

Are the 13-14 & 14-15 Blues jerseys listed as different styles?
Nothing with regards to new jerseys are available. I've been checking! Lol

I'm glad you wouldn't be upset if it were you. Congratulations. Others disagree and would rather not be faced with a choice between paying for recustomization or being outdated on a sweater they bought last season. Not sure why you need to be so contrary on the subject.

Although "one off" styles will be much more valuable as time passes! Collectors like myself are into things that are unique or different. The new Dallas look doesn't really offer anything unique or ugly to make it a must-have. A unique customization style that lasted only one year is a different story. It's like the first year of Edmonton's navy and copper look, when the white jersey had a shoulder yoke, or Nashville's first year jerseys having the year on the shoulder patch; it provides something different that sets that particular jersey apart. I guess that's a bright side to look to? But again, changes are far from confirmed. While I don't doubt there will be some change, it could be as minor as shrinking the numbers by a 1/2 inch or something like that.

And now you all see why I have so many jerseys, things like that matter to me. :)

I didnt say anything about whether I'd be upset or not. Just wondering why you would whine about something like this, when people buy jerseys for players that wind up leaving that team all the time, and its a much bigger issue. The number outline is such a minor thing in the grand scheme of things.

I didnt say anything about whether I'd be upset or not. Just wondering why you would whine about something like this, when people buy jerseys for players that wind up leaving that team all the time, and its a much bigger issue. The number outline is such a minor thing in the grand scheme of things.

You are aware you are making that statement in the CCSLC right?!?

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

My "source" (an RBK guy) said the Pens will be identical to the black/yellow sleeve 90's cup jersey. No pics yet. He's been right for me the past two seasons, but the trust level isn't quite there yet as I can never get "pics" from him. All he'll tell me is this or that team or "minor change" etc...so to sum it up...not a great source, but better than the post from a few years ago where someone quoted the beer guy that said the Saints will have black helmet. When he showed me the stadium jersey, the Pens released it the next day anyway. So maybe I can confirm this about 24 hours before the pens do :)

KISSwall09.jpg

Why don't the Pens just switch to the Cup era jerseys... We all know they will make this the third for a couple seasons and then promote it to full time use.

Nope. They won't because Mario doesn't like yellow. It's gonna be the 3rd for couple of seasons, until they promote a new third.

The "Cup era" jerseys (didn't they win one in Vegas gold) aren't all that good of jerseys, honestly, especially the awkwardly-striped white version.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

They are called the "cup era" because that's when they won their first cups after decades of garbage. They got to a cup and won a cup in vegas and underachieved ever since. And yes, Mario loves VG and also took it as a "new" generation...plus the arena seats are VG or black. :)

KISSwall09.jpg

Archived