2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

Black has better balance, but I like the green. Black makes then look like Blackhawks stpaddy's day unis.

Design aesthetic states the helmet that always matches the pants will look terrific 100% of the time.

that must be why teams all wear white pants on the road.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unpopular opinion, but I HATE this jersey:

221027.jpg

I mean, did you even try? It's like they were attempting to make it as Rangers-like as possible.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

221027.jpg

I mean, did you even try? It's like they were attempting to make it as Rangers-like as possible.

I am definitely not a fan of the Robo Penguin look for Pittsburgh, but it's not like the diagonal script is unprecedented for that team:

Penguins01.png

thecatch.jpg

221027.jpg

They should have used the logo on the front like the Home counterpart. Would have resulted in the best looking set in their history.

221027.jpg

They would have been ok 3rd jerseys, but I agree, I am just not a fan of those. The logo on the shoulders is far too big

221027.jpg

They should have used the logo on the front like the Home counterpart. Would have resulted in the best looking set in their history.

They actually wanted to have two home and away sets (like the Mighty Ducks did). They wanted to have one set with the logo and one set with the workmark. The NHL wouldn't let them have 4 jerseys so they used one of each. These are the unused jerseys...

8389_pittsburgh_penguins-unused-1993.png

3131_pittsburgh_penguins-unused-1993.png

Re Dallas helmets: They were smart to do black. Color matching helmets is notoriously hard between companies, and even between models in the same company. See Minnesota for proof, of even the Canucks, Leafs, and Lightning to a lesser extent.

Wait, how were the Mighty Ducks able to get away with it but the Penguins weren't?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

221027.jpg

I actually wrote the Penguins a letter after these were unveiled to complain. My complaint was that the new logo was modern, and then to combine it with a retro-look was a bad idea.

I still have the form letter (on official Pens letterhead) they sent back.

I ready hope they don't add an outline to those stars numbers... It would be a downgrade, and rightfully piss off everyone that just bought the new uniforms less than a year ago.

because changing the number outline somehow invalidates the team jersey you currently own?

most people expect to get more than one season of "accuracy" when they buy a newly re-designed uniform. and since stars authentics weren't made available until around new years anyway, that's only a couple months of accuracy for my nichushkin sweater (assuming the numbers ARE changing, and on both sweaters.)

still, i'm not convinced they've made any changes. if they still don't have the number font correct, and they're still using the wrong cut with rounded shoulders, why are we taking their number outlines as gospel?

The thing about EA, while the jerseys aren't always 100% correct, they don't traditionally make mistakes with colors. Last year they had the Stars jerseys correct (in terms of no outline around numbers). I don't see them randomly adding an outline without being prompted. I could be wrong, but I can't think of any examples.

I agree though, I'd be livid if I bought a Stars jersey last year and they changed the numbers this year. That being said, I'd welcome the black outline, think it would look sharp.

I ready hope they don't add an outline to those stars numbers... It would be a downgrade, and rightfully piss off everyone that just bought the new uniforms less than a year ago.

because changing the number outline somehow invalidates the team jersey you currently own?

most people expect to get more than one season of "accuracy" when they buy a newly re-designed uniform. and since stars authentics weren't made available until around new years anyway, that's only a couple months of accuracy for my nichushkin sweater (assuming the numbers ARE changing, and on both sweaters.)

still, i'm not convinced they've made any changes. if they still don't have the number font correct, and they're still using the wrong cut with rounded shoulders, why are we taking their number outlines as gospel?

The thing about EA, while the jerseys aren't always 100% correct, they don't traditionally make mistakes with colors. Last year they had the Stars jerseys correct (in terms of no outline around numbers). I don't see them randomly adding an outline without being prompted. I could be wrong, but I can't think of any examples.

I agree though, I'd be livid if I bought a Stars jersey last year and they changed the numbers this year. That being said, I'd welcome the black outline, think it would look sharp.

If anyone bought a stars jersey in the current design, then that person is not gonna care about some outline around the numbers.

If anyone bought a stars jersey in the current design, then that person is not gonna care about some outline around the numbers.
Do you realize what board you are on?

Archived