2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

Kings won't be changing their logo or uniforms for another couple decades.

Maybe, maybe not. Just because you won the cup in a certain uniform, doesn't mean you're going to keep those uniforms forever. Just look at the Penguins, Stars, Hurricanes, Lightning, etc.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Minus the LOS ANGELES script at the bottom and a few tweaks needed, this is the best Kings set IMO. Would have loved to see them hoist the cup in these.

Kings29.png

Yes yes a million times yes! Those were my favorite uniforms ever and the only thing that would've made winning the Cup sweeter is doing it in those. Why they ever got rid of those is beyond me.

Would have loved to see them hoist the cup in these.

One season too late...

But the Edge versions of those jerseys sucked. Reebok absolutely ruined them by getting rid of the hem stripes and cool shoulder yoke.

Maybe the white ones, but the black ones were still good.

well, it's already been brought up multiple times on twitter, and on hfboards in the stars section... while a florida panthers fan might not notice the stars changed their numbers, stars fans are already noticing, and they haven't even changed officially yet.

Fair enough.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Kings won't be changing their logo or uniforms for another couple decades.

Maybe, maybe not. Just because you won the cup in a certain uniform, doesn't mean you're going to keep those uniforms forever. Just look at the Penguins, Stars, Hurricanes, Lightning, etc.

Well aside from the Stars, every one of those changes was a huge blunder. I don't see the Kings changing their uniforms anytime soon. They were going to adjust the black homes to look like their far superior roads in 2011 but Reebok nixed those plans.

Just because the logo is the same color as the jersey doesn't mean it must be inverted. The Red Wings do just fine, as do the Sabres. Go back a couple years the Flyers had their black logo on their black uniforms. What I'm saying is not every logo has to be inverted if the colors match.

Then again you'll probably dismiss everything I said because nothing will change your mind about your feelings towards the Kings logo.

That's a little too strong of an assertion. I'd change my mind if I see that inverting the logo doesn't work... I just really like how the old Chevy had a silver logo.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

I agree that it would look better silver

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

The problem with the Kings pencil tip logo is that it's a fine shoulder logo. If I'm not mistaken, Luc Robitaille sketched it out on a napkin, so its all his fault.

Bring back the old jerseys with the crown. Best look LA has ever had.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I don't mind the current Kings primary logo. But for those who don't like it, what would you propose to fix it and/or make it better?

I'd reverse the crown and LA, kinda like this

LosAngeles.png

I really want to see this logo in silver or white for the home uniforms. I think I've practically been spamming my dislike of the current logo on the black uniforms...

Just because the logo is the same color as the jersey doesn't mean it must be inverted. The Red Wings do just fine, as do the Sabres. Go back a couple years the Flyers had their black logo on their black uniforms. What I'm saying is not every logo has to be inverted if the colors match.

Then again you'll probably dismiss everything I said because nothing will change your mind about your feelings towards the Kings logo.

Okay, but in the case of LA it would look better inverted.

Surprised we haven't seen a Blues leak yet.

Here's a link to today's announcement on the Chris Zimmerman hire. That Bluenote is considerably lighter than the last several crests and suggests to me that they are moving back to the pre-1983 blue or something awfully close.

http://blues.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=722789&navid=DL|STL|home

I came here to comment about that; I saw the news on my Facebook feed and thought to myself "that blue is significantly lighter, I hope the Blues use that next year."

Hey Colorwerx, just for fun and my own morbid curiosity, can you post a side by side of the Jets 2.0 and the original orca Canucks colors? For some reason I feel like there may be some overlap.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Here's a link to today's announcement on the Chris Zimmerman hire. That Bluenote is considerably lighter than the last several crests and suggests to me that they are moving back to the pre-1983 blue or something awfully close.

Not only is the main blue lighter but it appears that Navy has been replaced with Royal. Interesting.

Hey Colorwerx, just for fun and my own morbid curiosity, can you post a side by side of the Jets 2.0 and the original orca Canucks colors? For some reason I feel like there may be some overlap.

Very close:

VancouverCanucks_FRC_2007_SCC_SRGB.png

vs.

WinnipegJets_FRC_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

Not only is the main blue lighter but it appears that Navy has been replaced with Royal. Interesting.

I certainly don't have insight to any potential Blues changes, but I'd say that graphic was produced using older Illustrator swatches; meaning, those are the current colors.

I've got tons on Blues graphics over the years (digital years anyway), and they tend to look just like that. The Royal's way too light - not accurate.

I'm looking at that Blues graphic again...I'm not sure now after a second look...never in all of the logosheets I have (back to 1994) do I ever see the Royal logo on a Royal background...it's possible that there might be a change in store.

My guess would be it's a coincidence. Otherwise, they just leaked the new Blues logo. If everyone is pointing it out, you'd figure they would have pulled that image down by now...

Archived