2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

Those Ducks jerseys are awful. The jersey is white, the shoulder yoke is black, the stripes are orange, and the crest is gold. Nothing matches... It's like they're all competing for attention at once.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those Ducks jerseys are awful. The jersey is white, the shoulder yoke is black, the stripes are orange, and the crest is gold. Nothing matches... It's like they're all competing for attention at once.

So much potential...and so much disappointment.

faux laces as in they dont actually tie up?

Or are they not literally there and just sublimented?

If they are like my Drew Doughty Stadium Series jersey, they are two laces sewn across the neck. There's no tie as they are sewn on the inside.

The Ducks' jerseys are better than I expected but the fake laces need to go. Now.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

But no, Disney had to sell the team and Brian Burke didn't think they were truculent enough.

The Ducks would have looked so cool in dark green and orange, but stupid Brian Burke had to be all I'M IN THE ARMY NOW HUP TWO THREE FOUR WE'RE GONNA INSTILL SOME WEST POINT DISCIPLINE AROUND HERE I WATCHED A MOVIE ABOUT THEM OR SOMETHING and so we got stuck with black and beige.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

A few observations:

1. The crest has a black outline around the silver, and wearing my replica of the (now former) third jersey, I realize why. The crest on the third has a black outline to it that is sewn to the jersey. You don't notice it because it and the jersey are both black. They just simply used the exact same crest.

2. The pointy serif that was always in the top left corner of all the numbers of the Ducks jerseys is noticably smaller now on that new white jersey.

3. It ranks up there with the former mid '00s Gatineau Olympiques jerseys jersey as a jersey that had dark shoulders, but big orange cuffs as a jersey who's mismatch I can't explain as to why it works, but it just does. I really like this jersey, even though I didn't expect to.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

It's like they stitched together two different uniforms. The numbers and yoke are primarily black with orange accents and zero gold. The sleeves and side panels are orange with lots of gold. As someone said earlier, the uniform isn't in sync at all, and is extremely poorly executed.

Honestly, I don't know if it's even an upgrade over the previous template. I'd have much rather seen the old uniform with the current crest (and different numbers).

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Off topic right now, but I wondered if anybody had heard anything about this. I'm reading Eddie Shore: And That Old Time Hockey by C. Michael Haim, and he has an aside to Howie Morenz's time with the Chicago Black Hawks. Right after talking about the 1936-37 All Americans failure, he says,

[Frederic] McLaughlin had earlier let his wife, Irene, design the Chicago uniform, and, according to reports, she "spent considerable time in museums and art galleries studying the war paint, feathers, and art of the original Black Hawk Indians. Then she incorporated her findings into her husband's team's uniform. As a final touch she had specially made hockey gloves with tessellated doodads similar to those worn by Buffalo Bill." One night [Howie] Morenz had sheepishly shown Frank Patrick the gloves and said, sadly, "You never thought, Frank, did you, that I'd finish my career rigged out like this?"

That WOULD explain the major change in uniforms:

1936-37 1937-38

Blackhawks08.pngBlackhawks09.png

But tassels on the gloves? Tell me a photo of this exists somewhere! Anybody confirm this story?

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I don't see why a lot of people tend to say the Ducks now past set was so horrible... the script logo definitely wasn't the best but imagine if it was the D in place of it. That'd be pretty solid if you ask me.

As for these, they're... something. Forever the set from before will mean the most to myself in the Ducks history, even more so than the Mighty Ducks and that raided my childhood. Best I can say is that they got the crest right.

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

Off topic right now, but I wondered if anybody had heard anything about this. I'm reading Eddie Shore: And That Old Time Hockey by C. Michael Haim, and he has an aside to Howie Morenz's time with the Chicago Black Hawks. Right after talking about the 1936-37 All Americans failure, he says,

[Frederic] McLaughlin had earlier let his wife, Irene, design the Chicago uniform, and, according to reports, she "spent considerable time in museums and art galleries studying the war paint, feathers, and art of the original Black Hawk Indians. Then she incorporated her findings into her husband's team's uniform. As a final touch she had specially made hockey gloves with tessellated doodads similar to those worn by Buffalo Bill." One night [Howie] Morenz had sheepishly shown Frank Patrick the gloves and said, sadly, "You never thought, Frank, did you, that I'd finish my career rigged out like this?"

That WOULD explain the major change in uniforms:

1936-37 1937-38

Blackhawks08.pngBlackhawks09.png

But tassels on the gloves? Tell me a photo of this exists somewhere! Anybody confirm this story?

Note it doesn't say "tassellated", it says "tessellated". This means there wasn't fringe on the gloves, but likely some sort patterned design made of geometric shapes. The triangular inserts on the 1936-37 pants may lend some insight into this.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

So besides Nashville and the Hurricanes road, every single other team is going with laces.

That is absurd.

The Habs won't neither

I was referring to every team that unveiled new uniforms in the past couple of years, excluding the original batch of new RBK edge jerseys from 2007.

"every single other team" is a really poor reference to "teams with new uniforms in the last couple of years".

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned that Julius Honka was given a Stars jersey with solid 1-color numbers... Contrary to the EA Sports screenshots. Still too early to officially call it though...

Archived