2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

So I'm beginning to think the Blues may not be getting a new look, but if they are they sure will be getting rid of a lot of old stock with all those Stastny jersey going out the door on a jersey he won't ever wear in a game.

What do you mean? They've been handing out their third jersey to draft picks and free agent signings.

OttawaSenators.png

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's what I had in mind...

TampaBayLightning1992-1999_zps2ddf4c86.p

Maybe keep the sleeve lightning bolts.

Looks really good. I'd love to see the white version.

TampaBayLightning1992-1999_zpsf2c45d52.p

I like those over their current set however, these are a little too busy for me. Just removing the grey yoke would really clean it up. I would do the arms Flyers style, where they would have a black stripe going from the arm to the shoulder with the lightning bolts along the stripes but that's only my opinion. Am I the only one who would like to see the Lightning try something like the Hurricanes' old Hurricane stripe except with Lightning or even Lightning Bolts?

Hope you guys like the Bolts nickname! Ugh...

Do you know this for sure? If that's the case, I think most Lightning fans are going to flip their lids and I sure as hell don't blame them either. Why can't they use a logo?

What I was told was "the current third jersey but in black." I asked if that meant the Bolts script was still present and the answer was yes. Now this isn't coming from a jersey-head like we are here so I don't know if there will be any differences in the script or jersey template or just a simple recolor. Based on what I saw months ago it will not be a simple recolor. It will feature a new font, for the numbers at least. Will try to get more info tomorrow but everyone's got more important stuff (rookie camp) going on than talking to me! Lol

I'm more than mildly disappointed.

So I'm beginning to think the Blues may not be getting a new look, but if they are they sure will be getting rid of a lot of old stock with all those Stastny jersey going out the door on a jersey he won't ever wear in a game.

What do you mean? They've been handing out their third jersey to draft picks and free agent signings.

Sorry forgot that word is that they are keeping the third. Just can't believe have not really heard anything official yet. You would almost think the nhl would say all new jerseys should be released by draft day or at the draft.

Sorry forgot that word is that they are keeping the third. Just can't believe have not really heard anything official yet. You would almost think the nhl would say all new jerseys should be released by draft day or at the draft.
They have months to unveil them. From a marketing standpoint, why not wait until the last possible minute? Right now they can sell the soon-to-be old jerseys with the new players' names on them and make money while clearing stock. Sure, fans might be upset when the team unveils new jerseys in a few months and they have to buy new ones, but what does the team care? They're making money, and we all know it's all about the money.

They have months to unveil them. From a marketing standpoint, why not wait until the last possible minute? Right now they can sell the soon-to-be old jerseys with the new players' names on them and make money while clearing stock. Sure, fans might be upset when the team unveils new jerseys in a few months and they have to buy new ones, but what does the team care? They're making money, and we all know it's all about the money.

Oh ya I get it. Kinda a win win situation for teams. One main reason none of my jerseys get lettered till after the jersey is retired.

When I was in school, our JV football team had these ridiculously awful uniforms - and their helmets had no decals on them, just blue shells with yellow facemasks. The logic that we heard was that the stickers were reserved for the varsity team, who played serious football - you had to earn the right to dress well.

Sometimes I feel like that is the approach many of you have when it comes to the NHL. Everytime I hear "a look that fits a 90s expansion team" I flash back to school and the varsity looking down on the JV. Many of you would seemingly prefer warm weather hockey teams to dress in clown suits and leave the classy, timeless looks to the big boys up north.

That being said, I could perhaps agree that the Lightning have lost their individual identity with their simplified look, but bright yellow lightning bolts down the sleeves? Come on.

Tampa Bay just really needs to figure it out. The color scheme of black, royal, grey, and white was fantastic. The fact that they went and did what they did, essentially minimizing to royal and white is basically unjustifiable. Air force does a better job of being the lightning than the lightning themselves.

ANAANJIGHBEDVAL.20121013020208.jpg

I'll pass on the random bolty-things on the sleeves. Electrify the blue, add sublimated grey rain to more places, if you want to get kinky have a cloud-pattern alt or something. Zapdoodle lightning bolts on the sleeves and a yoke thick enough to choke out a horse do nothing.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I think that is a mistake, partially because of what you said. Once fans start to get excited about the upcoming season they go out and buy their gear. If they come out with new uniforms right before opening night, then many fans are already geared up and may either be bitter or not have the budget to turn around and buy even more new gear for the season.

I think that typically the draft is used as a showcase for new uniforms (in addition to a local unveiling) as a way of keeping the team in people's minds during the summer months when there's not much going on.

Also, the draft and FA is when excitement starts to build again for fans of many teams, and what better way to show off your new jerseys than by putting one on a prized FA signee?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Another reason why it's not a bad thing to wait until just before training camp to unveil the jerseys is because the teams usually don't have that many jerseys to sell right off the bat. The new jerseys the Ducks unveiled last week are now available for pre-order, but won't ship until October. By waiting until September, you can unveil them and, at least at the arena, people can also buy them right away.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Sometimes I feel like that is the approach many of you have when it comes to the NHL. Everytime I hear "a look that fits a 90s expansion team" I flash back to school and the varsity looking down on the JV. Many of you would seemingly prefer warm weather hockey teams to dress in clown suits and leave the classy, timeless looks to the big boys up north.

Yes.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Another reason why it's not a bad thing to wait until just before training camp to unveil the jerseys is because the teams usually don't have that many jerseys to sell right off the bat. The new jerseys the Ducks unveiled last week are now available for pre-order, but won't ship until October. By waiting until September, you can unveil them and, at least at the arena, people can also buy them right away.

agreed. last year, there was questions about if the stars new uniforms would be available for the start of the season. they finally got some on opening night. replicas. no authentics until well after christmas. i had to wait until march to get mine.

Archived