2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mario never liked the athletic gold. That's why those gold jerseys, the one he's wearing there, were killed off after the preseason of his rookie year. He wore them for a series of promotional photos right after he was drafted, the 1984 preseason, and that's it. He also HATED the 1993 jerseys with the pidgeon logo and PITTSBURGH down the chest.

When he first bought the team, he set in motion the changes to the old logo and vegas gold, resulting in this third jersey in 2000.

Penguins29.png

That evolved into a full set a few years later and reebok cannibalized it into the current set. Mario also loved the baby blue jerseys (maybe he was nostalgic about the team of his childhood, kinda like we all do), which is why they showed up at the Winter Classic and have been used in part until last year.

As for going gold (which again, Lemieux hated), the Bruins were already using that idea at the time:

Penguins29.pngBruins44.png

And even though there have been many, many concepts, I've never seen a good idea mixing black, gold, and baby blue.

Literally the best there's been was the Starter fashion jersey, and that's not baby blue and has a very St. Louis vibe to it

s-l225.jpg

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Mario never liked the athletic gold. That's why those gold jerseys, the one he's wearing there, were killed off after the preseason of his rookie year. He wore them for a series of promotional photos right after he was drafted, the 1984 preseason, and that's it. He also HATED the 1993 jerseys with the pidgeon logo and PITTSBURGH down the chest.

Well, :censored: Mario then, i always liked Jagr better anyway

I made this once upon a time as an alternate jersey to combine black/yellow with light blue. I love the combo but most people hated it.PenguinsAlternate_zps7f9c71fb.png

Add yellow outlines to the outside of the black stripes and its a 10/10!!!

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

I made this once upon a time as an alternate jersey to combine black/yellow with light blue. I love the combo but most people hated it.PenguinsAlternate_zps7f9c71fb.png

Add yellow outlines to the outside of the black stripes and its a 10/10!!!

I disagree. Other than the logo, the gold still looks out of place, especially on the outline of the sleeve numbers.

This is the perfect marriage of baby blue and black and therefore would be an ideal third jersey for this team. If the Penguins were anywhere but Pittsburgh, I'd think that baby blue and black would be the color scheme, because it's the colors of a penguin and of ice (or at least cartoon ice). But being in the city of Black and Gold changes everything.

Mixing the two very different color schemes (blue/blue and black/gold) doesn't really work, and we'd completely reject the idea if the Pens hadn't run like this for a while:

pierre_larouche_3.jpg

If there wasn't precedent, we'd probably all say it's weird and wrong and as impossible as mixing the Sabres' color schemes

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Interesting mix, but maybe use it on the Baby Pens. A Pittsburgh team should only be in black and Pittsburgh gold.

But the PITTSBURGH Penguins used to ACTUALLY wear that color scheme...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Interesting mix, but maybe use it on the Baby Pens. A Pittsburgh team should only be in black and Pittsburgh gold.

So what? The Canadiens used to actually wear green. Should they be wearing green these days? No, they really shouldn't. The Pens should be wearing black and gold.

So what? The Canadiens used to actually wear green. Should they be wearing green these days? No, they really shouldn't. The Pens should be wearing black and gold.

All I'm saying is that it looks good, and would be great for an Alt, as it honors the team's past. But Yes the Penguins should only be wearing Black and Pittsburgh Gold...

Archived