2015 MLB Season Thread with Postseason Discussion

Gary

Good god, this is a whole new level of crazy:

1228751681864530092.png
who wrote that?
A now-fired SBNation writer.

Don't worry folks, the commentariat at that blog think the firing is completely unjustified and that SBNation's standards for writers are unfair.

That said standards appear to be "don't express a desire to see former or current players commit suicide" is irrelevant.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching spurs Hack-A-Shaq DeAndre Jordan right now should we have a designated shooter because he cant hit free throws no because like the DH it's a an awful rule that dost need to come into existence!

The DH doesn't belong in baseball and this is coming from a twenty year old that loves hitting and offense. It's not like 11-7 games don't happen, I was at one in San Diego this past weekend.

Adam Wainwright would have likely had the injury if he hit or not if you know how Achilles injuries happen.

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gifefvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif594153172016.gif

Kershaw is GOD! Kershaw is LIFE! Kershaw is ALL!

The Reds are the softest 10-10 team in Major League history. Literally half our wins are over the Milwaukee Brewers.

Same with the Rays and 54.5% of their wins coming against the Jays. They are currently 6-1 against Toronto already. :flagcanada:

Now to add my 2 cents into the DH debate, I'm all for the DH. IMO having the pitcher come up to the plate for an at-bat is the equivalent to a goalie shooting in a shootout in hockey*. Sure that's a bit of an extreme, but some pitcher at-bats are just that bad.

*For the record, I hate the shootout in hockey. But that's another discussion for another thread.

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

I dislike Josh Hamilton. Now more than ever.

why did the rangers not have a jersey ready for josh to pose with and put on at that presser ?

Dunno... drug trigger?

his jersey is a drug trigger ? anyway, angels boss is an :censored:, showed the rest of the angels what kind of person they are playing for, god forbid anyone of them gets into any kind of problems, then it´s just over, hit the road

Watching spurs Hack-A-Shaq DeAndre Jordan right now should we have a designated shooter because he cant hit free throws no because like the DH it's a an awful rule that dost need to come into existence!

The DH doesn't belong in baseball and this is coming from a twenty year old that loves hitting and offense. It's not like 11-7 games don't happen, I was at one in San Diego this past weekend.

Adam Wainwright would have likely had the injury if he hit or not if you know how Achilles injuries happen.

Soccer lets you have anyone on the field kick penalties. Basketball lets you for techs.

Shocking news, Tanaka is going on the DL (not from hitting, though).

I'm glad Toronto didn't break the bank for that guy. All the Alex bashers can stfu on that one.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

Why is our reaction to Adam Wainwright blowing out his Achilles running to first base "we need the DH!" and not "hahahahaha Adam Wainwright blew out his Achilles running to first base"? I mean, that was my reaction. I guess you can't Play The Game The Right Way when you're so roided up that your tendons start randomly exploding from trying to run a short distance.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Oh look, another pitcher (Archie Bradley) was hit by a ball going at insane speeds.

Clearly the solution is to not have them pitch, but replace them with machines.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The Reds are the softest 10-10 team in Major League history. Literally half our wins are over the Milwaukee Brewers.

Same with the Rays and 54.5% of their wins coming against the Jays. They are currently 6-1 against Toronto already. :flagcanada:

Now to add my 2 cents into the DH debate, I'm all for the DH. IMO having the pitcher come up to the plate for an at-bat is the equivalent to a goalie shooting in a shootout in hockey*. Sure that's a bit of an extreme, but some pitcher at-bats are just that bad.

*For the record, I hate the shootout in hockey. But that's another discussion for another thread.

my only thing with that argument is that it would apply to DHing for the catcher, seeing as both of them have additional padding on that inhibits their movement and vison, at least compared to the other players.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Wouldn't surprise me if there was a 30 for 30 about the Baltimore Riots and the Orioles-White Sox being played at an empty stadium...

I can hear it now: "What if I told you, if a homerun was hit and no one was around to hear it, did it make a sound?"

God, everyone got their digs in on the Rays and Indians before I could make the painfully obvious "usually it's their home games where people are discouraged from attending" joke.

It's best your missed the chance. People seem to look side-eyed at Cubs fans making jokes/boasting about attendance. It's like the lispy kid with huge glasses and hearing aids making fun of a dork for getting beaten up in junior high. It doesn't give you street cred.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived