Breaking Adidas confirms it will NOT renew its NBA contract

arcane

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Nike is a much better option than under armour. Their templates and jersey cuts are much better Imo and I think they showed with the NFL that they can keep with tradition for the most part.

If NIke came back I wonder if they would use the same templates as the NCAA? Would we see the sweat boxes with designs in them on the back?

I think they would make a new template, just because it would give the NBA a different look than Nike's college teams.

I really hope that who ever takes over the uniforms doesn't charge US$350 for an authentic jersey which would be AUS$400 here then add shipping which is ludicrous for a singlet with numbers really.

If Nike takes over can we see the return of official Jordan Bulls and Wizards jerseys again?

I really hope that who ever takes over the uniforms doesn't charge US$350 for an authentic jersey which would be AUS$400 here then add shipping which is ludicrous for a singlet with numbers really.

If Nike takes over can we see the return of official Jordan Bulls and Wizards jerseys again?

Mitchell and Ness already has some Jordan jerseys. They started to release them last year. I know they have the '98 ASG one and from when Jordan made "The Shot". The 45 one is coming out in a month or two.

I would think Nike would make the sweatbacks a NBA thing too. Just think of the glorious back graphics they could make for some of the teams. I absolutely love the graphics for the college teams. Even a crap team like UGA, they make a great design. 2013-UGA-Red-Back-675x380.jpg

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

We're still going to have Los Panderers jerseys (a league initiative), St. Patrick's Day jerseys for a few teams, recycling jersey, handjob awareness jerseys

Phillies wore those in '04

125343c_lg.jpeg

"Hyper Elite Dominance"

"Elite Rivalry Series"

I think I used to watch these on Toonami

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I would think Nike would make the sweatbacks a NBA thing too. Just think of the glorious back graphics they could make for some of the teams. I absolutely love the graphics for the college teams. Even a crap team like UGA, they make a great design. 2013-UGA-Red-Back-675x380.jpg

This is the one thing I hope doesn't make the transition to the NBA (if Nike gets the deal). It's just hokey to me... They're trying too hard to make their standardized templates unique.

Not to mention they're unrecognizable unless they're zoomed onto court-level.

I'm rooting for Under Armour. Hell, maybe they'll throw down enough money to avoid jersey ads for a few more years... hahaha

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Hallelujah there is a hoops god. Hope Nike gets the NBA contract, going to hold on to my Tim Duncan Nike jersey that I bought 10 years ago for dear life. I just have dirty looks every time I go to a sporting goods store, and see adidas NBA jerseys that look cheap and cost 100+ dollars, they are godawful ugly!!

Under Armour wouldn't be too bad of an apparel deal, but I think they are paying more attention to college and high school athletics than they are professional athletics. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they take over the NFL deal from Nike in a couple of years. So, if that is the case, it is possible they may lure the NBA as well. Stay tuned.

UPDATE: Nike extends contract deal with the NFL through 2019.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/football/nike-extends-nfl-deal-through-2019-season

Hallelujah there is a hoops god. Hope Nike gets the NBA contract, going to hold on to my Tim Duncan Nike jersey that I bought 10 years ago for dear life. I just have dirty looks every time I go to a sporting goods store, and see adidas NBA jerseys that look cheap and cost 100+ dollars, they are godawful ugly!!

Under Armour wouldn't be too bad of an apparel deal, but I think they are paying more attention to college and high school athletics than they are professional athletics. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they take over the NFL deal from Nike in a couple of years. So, if that is the case, it is possible they may lure the NBA as well. Stay tuned.

UPDATE: Nike extends contract deal with the NFL through 2019.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/football/nike-extends-nfl-deal-through-2019-season

Conversely, nike may now be less inclined to submit a competitive bid to the nba as they have a ton of cash invested in the nfl and nba players (95% share of the shoe market). The nba contract could be under amour's to lose.

LOL at the amount of people thinking/hoping Nike gonna come in and "save" the NBA and all that. Have y'all not been paying attention to the NFL??? Particularly the Pro Bowl?? You really wanna see an NBA All-Star game decked out in blaze orange and volt trimmed in chrome and anthracite??

Listen...the amount of automatic vitriol spewed toward Adidas around here is beyond ridiculous. (Even more so when 50% of it comes from the exact same people and you all know who you are.) I really think people hating just to hate now. Yes, adidas has their problems. So does Nike. (And UA for that matter.) And as far as "templating" goes...Nike started that mess. You really think they wouldn't try to push that more with the NBA? You see the Elite 51 or whatever it's called made its way from CFB to the NFL...don't think for one second all the _____Elite SoD stuff from CBB wouldn't make it up to the NBA, hydrographics and all. And as far as warm-ups go, um...did you happen to catch what the two Super Bowl teams were wearing during media week the past two seasons?

140127_masepostcard_inside.jpg

206579-0-600.jpg

960x540.jpg

Someone go ahead and try to defend that. What makes you think Nike wouldn't try to push something like that for NBA warm-ups? (In anthracite, no less?)

Look, I'm neither a fanboy nor apologist for any manufacturer--they've all pur our both great stuff and trash alike--but I'm saying is way too many people are way too quick to spew venom towards adidas--much of the time simply just because it's adidas, from what I infer--then turn around and extolling all the greatness of Nike. Nike ain't the greatest thing in the world. Adidas ain't the worst thing in the world. Everything ain't always gotta be to one extreme or the other. I just wish some people would see it that way.

/rant

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

LOL at the amount of people thinking/hoping Nike gonna come in and "save" the NBA and all that. Have y'all not been paying attention to the NFL??? Particularly the Pro Bowl?? You really wanna see an NBA All-Star game decked out in blaze orange and volt trimmed in chrome and anthracite??

Listen...the amount of automatic vitriol spewed toward Adidas around here is beyond ridiculous. (Even more so when 50% of it comes from the exact same people and you all know who you are.) I really think people hating just to hate now. Yes, adidas has their problems. So does Nike. (And UA for that matter.) And as far as "templating" goes...Nike started that mess. You really think they wouldn't try to push that more with the NBA? You see the Elite 51 or whatever it's called made its way from CFB to the NFL...don't think for one second all the _____Elite SoD stuff from CBB wouldn't make it up to the NBA, hydrographics and all. And as far as warm-ups go, um...did you happen to catch what the two Super Bowl teams were wearing during media week the past two seasons?

(Photos)

Someone go ahead and try to defend that. What makes you think Nike wouldn't try to push something like that for NBA warm-ups? (In anthracite, no less?)

Look, I'm neither a fanboy nor apologist for any manufacturer--they've all pur our both great stuff and trash alike--but I'm saying is way too many people are way too quick to spew venom towards adidas--much of the time simply just because it's adidas, from what I infer--then turn around and extolling all the greatness of Nike. Nike ain't the greatest thing in the world. Adidas ain't the worst thing in the world. Everything ain't always gotta be to one extreme or the other. I just wish some people would see it that way.

/rant

Post of the Day, "Serious Division" in my book. Or at least "Rant of the Day." And who can blame him. Look what happened to his NFL team under Nike's watch.

Like he says, Adidas has it's problems but so do all of 'em. I really don't want to see Pro Bowl treatment of the NBA ASG. And I don't want to see Seahawks/Buccaneers treatment of team primaries.

The NBA primaries are generally pretty solid right now...almost to MLB standards and way above NFL. Yeah, the gimmick jerseys are tiresome but Nike's going to do things to make itself noticed too...different gimmicks and probably a couple of "kewl" primaries. If Nike gets the contract and you love Portland's current uniforms, make sure to buy a jersey before it's too late.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

@Buc, your team is really the only casualty of Nike's NFL contract imo. Are certain aspects of the Fins and Vikings downgrades (like the loss of orange and numerals, respectively)? Yes. But are any of the uniforms other than the Bucs that bad? I don't think so. You can even count me as one of the Seahawks fans who like the redesign.

Adidas's weird mix of minimalism, camo, and sleeves are just making new NBA uniforms boring sometimes and ridiculous other times. I'm not bashing just to bash them. I'm deeply opposed to Adidas's design philosophies (seriously, :censored: their tri-stripes on everything), especially when it comes to basketball. Do you see any Nike jerseys with sleeves?

Do I have a problem with a company making crazy uniforms for an all-star game nobody really watches? No, that's how all-star games have been for decades in pro sports. And I'm honestly not that opposed to templated warm-up gear, especially since I like Nike's recent effort at the college level (I thought even Louisville's Adidas shooting shirts looked good when I saw a glimpse of them the other week).

I think one reason a lot of us want Nike to return to the NBA is nostalgia/brand loyalty thanks to their shoes, which is what Adidas is going to try to establish now, since they realize if everyone is becoming loyal to a brand through the shoes, then that might extend to other areas. I have to say Adidas's shoes are the one product that I like of theirs. (Of course, I like Nike's shoes more.)

Honestly, though, I don't think Nike will go for the contract. They've still got a lot of work to do in the NFL, imo, having only redesigned/"refreshed" a small portion of the teams. If anything, it'll be Under Armour's chance to really challenge what Nike did in the NBA, which is an opportunity I'm sure their founder will love.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

Listen...the amount of automatic vitriol spewed toward Adidas around here is beyond ridiculous. (Even more so when 50% of it comes from the exact same people and you all know who you are.) I really think people hating just to hate now. Yes, adidas has their problems. So does Nike. (And UA for that matter.) And as far as "templating" goes...Nike started that mess. You really think they wouldn't try to push that more with the NBA? You see the Elite 51 or whatever it's called made its way from CFB to the NFL...don't think for one second all the _____Elite SoD stuff from CBB wouldn't make it up to the NBA, hydrographics and all. And as far as warm-ups go, um...did you happen to catch what the two Super Bowl teams were wearing during media week the past two seasons? 140127_masepostcard_inside.jpg206579-0-600.jpg960x540.jpg

/rant

Sleeves. Sleeves. SLEEVES.

Literally anything to get rid of that hideous crap is an extreme positive. What a brilliantly awful concept.

Literally anything to get rid of that hideous crap is an extreme positive. What a brilliantly awful concept.

Why do you think changing manufacturers will have any impact on teams using or not using sleeved jerseys?

Who thinks this was something done by Adidas against the NBA's will?

Why do you think changing manufacturers will have any impact on teams using or not using sleeved jerseys?

Who thinks this was something done by Adidas against the NBA's will?

It's Adidas' thing. It was a thing to push their branding, it's not like anyone liked it or anything. The NBA is a joke aesthetically so they simply allowed it.

That's like saying warmup jackets will continue to have three stripes because the NBA doesn't mind it.

Archived