LA Clippers New Logos & Uniforms?

bartodell

What I think had to have happened is that the designers committed a lot of time working off of a nautical theme because, I'm mean, it's a team called the Clippers, and Ballmer, not being the brightest tool in the shed, must've hated the nautical stuff but only gave the team a short time to come up with a new logo that had nothing to do with a theme that, apparently, they spent a great deal of energy on.

GR30a5H.png

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like the "LAC" anchor concept. Not as a finished product but I think it would've been a great start to something better. But yes, litterally every logo is better than what they ended up with. I would like a hit of whatever Balmer was on when he picked out the logo

GO NETS.

Theories:

1. They submitted all designs to census groups to see which garnered the most reaction. Whether it was good or bad reaction, they were just going for which one stimulated discussion. CLActangle was unanimously the central focus of all laughter and conversation, being the unfortunate disgrace that it is, and they figured "at least people will be talking about it."
  2. The new owner's kid made this on msPaint and he went with that because screw everyone else.
  3. The new ownership wanted to get attention away from the Sterling stuff and figured the easiest way to do that was to shock their fans with an abhorrent design. They basically sacrificed their aesthetic dignity for short-term profits of reporters asking different questions.
  4. Everyone associated with the Clippers is retarded, and they have no idea what they're doing.
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

What kind of people do they hire for this whole design process thing? Mother of God!!

They should have went with the bottom one (the black Clippers script inside the red and blue circles).

The middle one in the last picture is just beautiful. It manages to spice up what was already a good script. What a shame Clippers.

The middle one in the last picture is just beautiful. It manages to spice up what was already a good script. What a shame Clippers.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Theories:

1. They submitted all designs to census groups to see which garnered the most reaction. Whether it was good or bad reaction, they were just going for which one stimulated discussion. CLActangle was unanimously the central focus of all laughter and conversation, being the unfortunate disgrace that it is, and they figured "at least people will be talking about it."
  2. The new owner's kid made this on msPaint and he went with that because screw everyone else.
  3. The new ownership wanted to get attention away from the Sterling stuff and figured the easiest way to do that was to shock their fans with an abhorrent design. They basically sacrificed their aesthetic dignity for short-term profits of reporters asking different questions.
  4. Everyone associated with the Clippers is retarded, and they have no idea what they're doing.

I'm going with #4.

I'm starting to think the tinfoil hat wearing conspiracy theorists may be on to something. Balmer creates a logo that kills apparel sales, and coupled with a struggling, less talented team, ticket sales slump as well. Balmer says he can't make LA #2 work, and moves to new SoDo or Tukwila arena. Returns the Sonics and is a hero.

(Being facetious, know this isn't happening)

There are more images than that one...here's the full tweet:

https://twitter.com/conradburry/status/618114714799714304

Awesome. Even more logos with each of them better than what they chose.

Thanks Conrad.

It's just so funny. All these concepts are leaning heavy on nautical imagery (probably the right way to go), almost the opposite of what they went with on the actual logo. (And I'm not buying that "ocean horizon" crap for the lines.) And it's even worse that these were created AFTER the actual logo for merchandizing. What a stupid franchise.

(Pulling out the pics so it's more easily seen.)

@conradburry

CJP8DXLUMAE2vtM.jpgCJP8DOuUwAAMQCX.jpg

CJP8DrnVAAAvucZ.jpgCJP8DKFUcAA_zaG.jpg

Columbus Clippers wordmark in the last one?

I really like the stylized LAC with the anchor through it alot, I didn't see that one at all. I'm wondering though if they ever really legitimately thought to return to powder blue and orange? It looks like they had their minds set on red and blue through the whole design process

The Buffaslug designer revealed himself at the time when the Slug got ditched. He knew about the backlash, and he did feel bad about it. According to his interview, the dude is a football fan who got inspiration from the San Diego Chargers logo. Maybe it'll be a similar scenario with the Clippers, if whoever made the logo ever decides to reveal themselves lol. That person's definitely a fan of The Price Is Right and the Snake Game.

The Buffaslug designer revealed himself at the time when the Slug got ditched. He knew about the backlash, and he did feel bad about it. According to his interview, the dude is a football fan who got inspiration from the San Diego Chargers logo. Maybe it'll be a similar scenario with the Clippers, if whoever made the logo ever decides to reveal themselves lol. That person's definitely a fan of The Price Is Right and the Snake Game.

Or nba live....

GO NETS.

Archived