LA Clippers New Logos & Uniforms?

bartodell

I'd go with any of the options that don't feature "LA" right before "Clippers" (from L=>R). It looks awful.

The bottom one in that first image would be fine.

The bottom two here are very unique and are my favorite, though.

CJP8DrnVAAAvucZ.jpg

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Overheard in the newsroom I work at:

"So for this Clippers thing, which logo should I use? The "LAC" or the one that says "Clippers"?"

"They both suck"

"They both do suck"

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

They are all better than the generic create a team junk they came up with. Are their any clip fans or players that really like the new crap? Hopefully my rockets don't play them in the playoffs again because I can't put my eyes through that punishment for 7 games

There are more images than that one...here's the full tweet:

https://twitter.com/conradburry/status/618114714799714304

Awesome. Even more logos with each of them better than what they chose.

Thanks Conrad.

It's just so funny. All these concepts are leaning heavy on nautical imagery (probably the right way to go), almost the opposite of what they went with on the actual logo. (And I'm not buying that "ocean horizon" crap for the lines.) And it's even worse that these were created AFTER the actual logo for merchandizing. What a stupid franchise.

(Pulling out the pics so it's more easily seen.)

@conradburry

CJP8DXLUMAE2vtM.jpgCJP8DOuUwAAMQCX.jpg

CJP8DrnVAAAvucZ.jpgCJP8DKFUcAA_zaG.jpg

Columbus Clippers wordmark in the last one?
The middle one on the bottom right could have been the basis for a great line of merch and jerseys. That 60s-era script looks great - way better than the horribly-drawn script they're replacing. Not a fan of the ball, but that could be worked on.

All the ones with the anchors are silly to me - too obvious, too childish IMO. it's like using a paw print for an animal logo.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The team’s new LAC monogram depicts a blue “C” wrapping around the “L.A.” intended to depict embracing the city.

Using their marketing speak, you could say it's "the Clippers embracing DeAndre".

https://twitter.com/120Sports/status/618875946687303680

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

• 2 weeks later...

The black reminds me too much of the Heat court, not to mention the American Airlines logo placement

This entire rebrand is a 3 at best.... Now pardon me while I gouge my eyeballs out

Between this, UCLA's ruined look and the A's wearing striped socks I guess I'll be using the radio more often in 2015

Clippers.gif
UCLA.gif

Archived