LA Clippers New Logos & Uniforms?

bartodell

Eh, nothing can salvage that logo.

Yeah, they still look bad. I won't argue that. The logo itself has way too much going on. I just think simplifying the color scheme would help -- as it's a busy design with a busy color scheme. When you're at the bottom, the only way to go is up. :)

FWIW, I'm a Thunder fan and am hoping we get a full rebrand soon.

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even to this day, I'm still wondering what mind could possibly think that OKC Thunder design is a good logo. Same goes to the whoever approved it.

I think it's pretty clear that they had the logo designed before they picked a name.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I mean, c'mon folks. This has got to be one of the worst things to ever happen in uniform history.

edit: I've decided I'm not done.

This is the worst branding/"logo" in the modern era at the big 4 level, and let's define the 'modern era' from around 1992-onward.

It's not even a logo. It's 3 letters awkwardly masturbated into a rounded rectangle. The wordmark is copypasta from every EA Sports game from the last decade. The jerseys...my god, the uniforms are just awful. Nothing is arranged properly. The logo looks like a crappy patch but then you have the number of equal size next to it?!

The black involved is just...just garbage.

This design so sickens me that I can't even begin to find the words. Basically this is not a design, or branding, or a logo, or anything -- it's nothing. There's no skill involved in its creation, no love or feeling or passion. No effort.

It's the branding equivalent of putting a spoonful of plain water in your mouth. It's not a drink, but it's not a meal. It's not even soup. It's just water being put into your mouth via spoon. It doesn't even have any character to speak of or defining characteristics that make it unique. It's so hollow that I can't begin to believe that it's real, yet there it is on a :censored: ing NBA uniform.

If I was a Clippers fan, this would genuinely make me abandon the franchise. Losing or winning, Blake Griffin or CP3, it's embarrassing to root for a team that looks like that. It's awful.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I guess it was too much to change the side striping... I hope Nike helps us in 2017. Until then I will listen to the games on radio..not trying to have my eyes burn every night

As a Clipper fan, I'm sure I'm not alone in not understanding the Mr. Ballmer. Everytime he talks I feel like I'm watching Chris Farley in that famous SNL skit.

I told people from the day he took over he ruined Microsoft and is now ruining the Clippers. No coincidence Microsoft started losing to Apple as soon as Ballmer took over

Clippers.gif
UCLA.gif

I told people from the day he took over he ruined Microsoft and is now ruining the Clippers. No coincidence Microsoft started losing to Apple as soon as Ballmer took over

The most up-to-date data I can find places Apple's global marketshare around 7% of pc sales.

Microsoft losing to Apple? Not really.

That had nothing to do with uniforms. Just a helpful FYI. Trash Ballmer with actual facts. Like him approving this recent logo change.

The most up-to-date data I can find places Apple's global marketshare around 7% of pc sales.

That had nothing to do with uniforms. Just a helpful FYI. Trash Ballmer with actual facts. Like him approving this recent logo change.

they are losing to Apple because Apple is the most profitable company in the world, the pc market is only a drop in the pan when you consider everything else Apple is in from MP3 players which they control mightily, the smart phone market that they are one the leaders in that market and then have tablets which they are a leader in as well with Microsoft being a very good competitor with them, but that's only because the new cep focused on the new surface tablet that Ballmer basically dismissed as a fad and thought they wouldn't be successful, and then Apple is now the leader in the smart watch market with Samsung

Dang it IceCap, ruining perfectly good arguments with real world facts.

they are losing to Apple because Apple is the most profitable company in the world, the pc market is only a drop in the pan when you consider everything else Apple is in from MP3 players which they control mightily, the smart phone market that they are one the leaders in that market and then have tablets which they are a leader in as well with Microsoft being a very good competitor with them, but that's only because the new cep focused on the new surface tablet that Ballmer basically dismissed as a fad and thought they wouldn't be successful, and then Apple is now the leader in the smart watch market with Samsung

Windows home operating systems are but a drop in the pan when you consider everything else Microsoft is. Ever heard of enterprise? MS could stop making personal devices / OSs today and still be ridiculously profitable with just Windows Server, MSSQL Server, AD, Azure, Exchange Server, etc etc etc. It's clear you don't work in either IT or have familiarity with information systems. I love apple and own lots of their stuff (and stock!), but let's not kid ourselves about the fact that Microsoft does a lot of things well, and has huge footprints in markets that apple can't even compete in. They make some similar products, but they are not really competitors.

Back to uniforms...

that computer game graphic seems to show the single-digit number centered under the collar. Based on the unveiling and replicas, that won't be how it looks. If the number was in its proper place, it would look a little more balanced.

Honestly, IMO the most eggregious issue with the uniform as depicted in that rendering, is the collar and side trim. The white undershirt isn't doing it any favors (it looks unprofessional under any uniform, but even more so with this one) but the incompleteness of the collar makes this look even more like a summer-league / practice jersey than even the logo does.

I know that they're doing something very different with this, and need to go relatively modern with the trim, but that's not the way to do it. I really think that the wishbone collar with minimal trim (like the piping around the neck and arms) would have worked much better in this case.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Windows home operating systems are but a drop in the pan when you consider everything else Microsoft is. Ever heard of enterprise? MS could stop making personal devices / OSs today and still be ridiculously profitable with just Windows Server, MSSQL Server, AD, Azure, Exchange Server, etc etc etc. It's clear you don't work in either IT or have familiarity with information systems. I love apple and own lots of their stuff (and stock!), but let's not kid ourselves about the fact that Microsoft does a lot of things well, and has huge footprints in markets that apple can't even compete in. They make some similar products, but they are not really competitors.

Back to uniforms...

that computer game graphic seems to show the single-digit number centered under the collar. Based on the unveiling and replicas, that won't be how it looks. If the number was in its proper place, it would look a little more balanced.

Honestly, IMO the most eggregious issue with the uniform as depicted in that rendering, is the collar and side trim. The white undershirt isn't doing it any favors (it looks unprofessional under any uniform, but even more so with this one) but the incompleteness of the collar makes this look even more like a summer-league / practice jersey than even the logo does.

I know that they're doing something very different with this, and need to go relatively modern with the trim, but that's not the way to do it. I really think that the wishbone collar with minimal trim (like the piping around the neck and arms) would have worked much better in this case.

Speaking purely business wise Microsoft suffered greatly under Ballmer. Microsoft was very stagnant under his control not caring about creating new products and basically dismissing any new technology. It wasn't until Ballmer left that Microsoft entered the smartphone and tablet markets which they should have done years ago when the technology was being developed. Ballmer didn't care about R&D unlike Apple which allowed Apple to create a much stronger competitive advantage compared to Microsoft that under Ballmer got set back years and in today's society of technology advancing faster than ever before greatly hurt Microsoft. If Microsoft entered the smart phone and tablet market at first there is no question they would be even more profitable and definitely be the most profitable company in the world rather than Apple.

We're also more used to seeing crests either centered (hockey) or over the left breast (baseball), and numbers on the right breast.

I think a better way for LAC to go would be centered and stacked, with horizontal stripe(s) behind the LAC logo to make it appear wider than the number which would be centered underneath. THink of the Canadians jerseys, but with the stripe/crest higher, and a smalll number centered below.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived