LA Clippers New Logos & Uniforms?

bartodell

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He would've been better off saying "i added black to the color scheme because Donald Sterling didn't like black."

But nope. It's "hip."

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I haven't commented since the unveiling (I know you've all been waiting with bated breath) and it's mostly because I'm just baffled. It's so bad. It's SOOO BAD.

I don't understand the thought process behind any of it and I really have nothing to add except I think this is the now the single worst identity out of all 122. They jumped the Thunder and Buccaneers for me. It'll take a complete rebrand by the Cuppers (that's their name now) or some other team introducing some kindergarten trash for this identity to get out of last place.

as an aside: I'm really not a fan of the NBA's recent trend towards minimalism. I think it may be a side effect of Adidas not being good at producing outlined numbers on their dumb, whimpy jersey cuts.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I don't understand the thought process behind any of it

Not every franchise owner has a sense for sports aesthetics. They just want to make money without regard for things that should be considered to the fanbases. Right now, we know where the ownership's priorities lie. And so that's what he's hiding behind the "People don't like change" excuse. I'm sure they knew about the backlash, when it got leaked. But there's a reason why they didn't scrap it when they had the chance. Not enough people protested, so here we are.

The same scenario can be applied to the Graphic Designers they hire. When I was taking Graphic Design, we are told that sometimes we get jobs that are out of our own personnal field of interest. So it was likely that some or all of the designers behind the process don't give two :censored: s about basketball or sports. They are given a job, they do what they're told, and then they get paid and wash their hands clean. So if the price is cheaper and it's quicker to hire one design firm over another, it's all about savings to some people in charge.

It's sad for the hardcore Clippers fanbase and anyone with any sense of aesthetics whatsoever. But this should answer you. :)

The more I look at the new CLA logo,the more it reminds me of the clippers version of the rays fauxback 70s logo....

Like Ballmer designed a logo that the franchise would have used in 1979 has they not been in Buffalo

Clippers.gif
UCLA.gif

The Clippers are one of the best teams in the NBA with "Lob City".

They used to have one of the best unis in the league before they were replaced with these mother :censored:.

Bad combantion right there.

Now the roundels are crying about the new Clippers "clipart" unis.

2v1ao9y.jpg

TRhBP9N.png

YO2Xb6F.png

cubsfansig.jpg

Call me the minority here, but I really dig the CLA logo. Everything else is pretty bad. When making the jersey, it seems there was no thought process there. If the CLA was a secondary logo on the bottom of the shorts, I could dig it. But everything else seems too plain and the whole rebrand relies too many marketing buzz words to make it work. I'll cringe when I'll see the uniforms on the court. I'm sure they'll add a lot of revision to this over time, but this is terrible.

FB_IMG_1434735548231.jpg

I smell a lawsuit.

One can hope...

Maybe EA finally do something good for people.

BTW:

PRESSER720mov-3625343-3.576x324.jpg

Awful.

If I didn't know about the rebrand I would have assumed that the picture was a result of someone being bad at Photoshop.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

This fails virtually every test possible for a rebrand. I think we can all agree that the Buffaslug and OKC Thunder blob are infinitely superior to this, yes? This is the new golden standard of failure.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Nah, I'd say this Clippers logo is also abstract, stupid and ugly. They had a point, but they messed it up.

I don't think OKC is that bad. It's good for OKC basketball team. Is it good for the Thunder? No. But I think it's all right.

Buffaslug is in a whole different stratosphere. It was, has been, and will always be hot garbage.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Yeah, this is the worst of all time.

The Buffaslug is miles in front. The Thunder have a pointless logo but they still look reasonable on court. This is just a total disaster. Anybody on this board would have done a comfortably better job, even the people who have never tried to develop their own concept before.

It just shouldn't happen in 2015.

Archived