LA Clippers New Logos & Uniforms?

bartodell

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This whole thing, apart from the promotion, has been handeled terribly. The consensus seems to be that they should have went with a nautical theme, while keeping the current cursive wordmarks. Instead, they gave us a clipart basketball with CLA inside of it, with CUPPERS rendered in a cheap-looking typeface (thanks to the bevel that is terribly inconsistent). The uniforms are a complete joke, adding on the new, and a lot worse, wordmarks on, and disregarding and cohesion between the sets. Basically, everything here is a downgrade to me, and was changed just to be changed. I agree that a new primary logo would have been a nice, but I'll take the old "Lakers rip-off" over these any day. And I definitely believe that they now have the worst identity in the league.

spacer.png

Do the numbers on the home jerseys have black outlines or not? Or will the replica have an outline that isn't on the real thing?

No black outline on the one they used at Lance's press conference today.

CH0O6GjW8AAsGpQ.jpg

CH0LwoqVEAAkKJ2.jpg

Looks blue in the online store, though. A different shade of blue than the one used in the logo, no less.

lac_paul_white_fr.png?v=1434592702

PJU85JF.png

it's just we don't like change, yea that's it.

Arash MarkaziVerified account ‏@ArashMarkazi

I asked Ballmer about thew new logo's reception on social media. "Many people really dont like change in this world, they really dont."

Delusional to a fault.

Yeah he's full of bull......oney.

I like change when change improves a current product in need of a makeover or a modernization. I'm pretty sure that's how everyone in general feels about change too.

If I was a Clippers fan, I'd consider jumping ship. ;)

The problem is that the fanbase is not strong enough to protest against the poor redesign. Not every team could get away with it, without having to face the pitchforks.

Also, does anybody like it? If not on this board, are there any positive comments on social media or whatnot that someone could find? Non sports logos fans included.

I checked their Facebook page out of morbid curiosity earlier, and it was brutal. Maybe one out of twenty gave a semi-decent comment. Same with the news articles online.

Just watching Sports Center, the anchor openly talked about how awful the logo is. Standing by your product is admirable, and there are always haters. But when it's THIS universally panned, someone royally f-ed up. That's embarrassing for the organization as a whole.

Wait, the presentation says that the Clippers blue C literally embraces the city ? They actually wrote something like that? From that alone I'm going to assume Ballmer's 14 year old niece created the logos, but didn't know how to design jerseys, thus keeping the old one and just adding the old one, and Steve couldn't say no to her

I don't hate the CLA logo, and I find the red jersey to be the only tolerable thing in this redesign

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Just watching Sports Center, the anchor openly talked about how awful the logo is. Standing by your product is admirable, and there are always haters. But when it's THIS universally panned, someone royally f-ed up. That's embarrassing for the organization as a whole.

Even for the whole league. These suck really really badly. The fact that they haven't even bothered changing the uniforms is especially stunning. I'd go ahead and say this is the worst uniforms/logos set in the big four pro sports.

lol @ Ballmer's "people hate change" comment.

this isn't like people resisting electric cars or email. it's sports design. there's no principle or societal good to fight for here. your team's new look is ugly. sports media, the design community, and most importantly, your fans, think the change is ugly. swallow your pride and change it back (or do something better) as soon as possible.

Tony Kornheiser said something pretty silly on PTI 'Uniforms don't put ppl in seats'.

No, but like seats, uniforms can print money if done properly.

With all due respect, we're not talking about an NBA team playing out of Milwaukee or Minnesota... it's Los Angeles. Yet they f'd up.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

Archived