LA Clippers New Logos & Uniforms?

bartodell

I came up with a concept for the Sacramento Kings to go with when they build their new arena and go neo-retro.

qF1eS.jpg

It's a basketball court! It's not very well done, but we're early in the design process. Already, it is minimal and timeless. I feel it "screams Sacramento" in a lot of ways, namely that the sky is blue and things exist that are red. And for those of you who can't see the secret symbolism...

EzNme.jpg

Frankly, I'm surprised I thought of it first!

I'm still surprised!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of all the comments I read about the new logo on the boards here and on every other platform combined, I only heard 2 positive comments out of thousands of people. That's right, only 2. One of them was from the boards here I believe, the other was on Twitter. 3 if you wanna include the owner, but I wouldn't count his delusional self. So only 2.

Wait, Ballmer actually said "if you're a fan you will like the logo"? Well I am a fan and I hate it so....

The thing that really bugs me about the primary is the inconsistent application of it. On almost everything I have seen so far the ball is always black, but everything else turns white. Why? Like on the uniforms that part is the only black and it doesn't fit. The wordmark should always be black along with the ball so at least there is some cohesion.

"You get the sea of Clippers wrapping around and embracing L.A., probably really important for me as a Seattle guy to make sure people know we love L.A. and we're here for the long run," he said. "You get the nautical theme, the ocean, harkening back the Clippers and where we came from. You have silver around every one of the letters, the silver lining in the Clipper cloud as we look to tomorrow and the bright future that we hold. And we put black in as another color because I think most people think black is a hip, modern color."

Wow...

Just wow.

The guy is f'ing delusional. Nothing like adding black just because.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Not much to add, since most folks have expressed my dislike for these.

However, I will say that IMO Ballmer's thinking that people just hate change, and his inability to actually hear what people are saying (including Clipper fans, non-Clipper fans, NBA fans and non-NBA fans) is arrogance run amok.

He probably can't recall anyone actually telling him "no", or "this idea sucks" in 40 years. There is one guy who likes these completely, and it is Ballmer. He paid $2 billion for the team, so he has a right to choose the logo. He just chose very badly.

I think the hate comes from the entire package.... The ridiculous "story", with the BS symbolism, is insulting and obnoxious. No one buys it, except for Steve Ballmer. And in his mind, he is never wrong. When you have as much money as he does, it clouds reality.

He is going to jam this down everyone's throats because he wants it. That's it, period. If he changes it within 5 years, I'll be surprised, because he isn't a guy who can admit making a mistake. It simply isn't in him.

I am a non-NBA fan, but I can appreciate a good logo.... What the 76ers did, for example, is great. I would not be embarrassed to wear a 76ers hat or shirt with their logo on it... I would NEVER wear anything with one of these new Clippers logos on it, ever... Unless I literally had no other option and needed clothing... Or if I had two choices and had to pick between this logo and the Raptors basketball bouncing Barney... Ok, I'll take this over Barney. But I would take OKC's current dreck over this.

The NBA has some pretty bad logos.. And their insistence that all teams incorporate a basketball in a logo is not something I care for.

But this? Wow, it's bad.

Wait, Ballmer actually said "if you're a fan you will like the logo"? Well I am a fan and I hate it so....

The thing that really bugs me about the primary is the inconsistent application of it. On almost everything I have seen so far the ball is always black, but everything else turns white. Why? Like on the uniforms that part is the only black and it doesn't fit. The wordmark should always be black along with the ball so at least there is some cohesion.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/clippers/clippersnow/la-sp-cn-steve-ballmer-clippers-logo-20150618-story.html

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/clippers/clippersnow/la-sp-cn-steve-ballmer-clippers-logo-20150618-story.html
Wow. So I'm not a fan now because I think his logo design sucks? Screw that guy. It's great that he wants to keep the team in LA and he isn't racist, but come on. He's right that the fans did want a logo change, but a good one. We didn't just want change for the sake of change.

His response to our response kinda makes me worry about what other decisions he might make moving forward. Actually, not so much his decisions as its his "you will learn to like it" approach that will drive me nuts.

I've been a Clipper fan my entire life. Grew up watching the Darius Miles Quintin Richardson teams. I've heard all the jokes about them being the little brother, JV team etc...well congratulations Ballmer, they now look like it

Good luck attracting free agents with this crap.....

Reasons players sign with teams in free agency:

1. Money

2. Money

3. Chance to win

4. City

5. Franchise stability

6. Coach/teammates

837: Uniforms

As important as uniforms are to us, they don't matter to 98 percent of the population.

These uniforms might suck they do but they won't deter free agents.

That's why college teams only have one uni combo right?? Cause they don't matter? Sure money helps but it your gonna look like crap and laughed at by everyone in the league no amount of money will help get players.
Money is No. 1. Thinking anything else is naive.

Chance to win is #1 above all else....

Not true, otherwise Demarco Murray would still be a Cowboy. In Professional sports, money is #1.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Chance to win is #1 above all else....

Not true, otherwise Demarco Murray would still be a Cowboy. In Professional sports, money is #1.

It wholly depends on the player. Some think cash is more important and vice versa.

As far as the Clips', I agree with Still Mighty...

Clippers gonna Clip.

I'd say it's more like the islanders fisherman or sabres buffaslug.......but even worse.

Those two rebrands looked cohesive, at least. Cohesively bad, but cohesive.

You know you have a good rebrand when even the $wag kids on Instagram think it sucks. But then again, most of the comments on a photo of the new Sixers uniform were "Boring" and "at least it's not the clippers"

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

His response to our response kinda makes me worry about what other decisions he might make moving forward. Actually, not so much his decisions as its his "you will learn to like it" approach that will drive me nuts.

Ah yes, the tried and true Stockholm Syndrome method.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Archived