New UConn Football uniforms.

Germanshepherd

I'll be honest, I liked the look of the old uniforms, without that helmet of course. I thought the piping worked quite well. These are a big...change to say the least. The jerseys look ungodly empty. The shoulder design doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me

11045464.jpeg

The pants are odd. The back numbers are gigantic (not a problem though). The helmet seems completely lost with a white shell, red mask, red back bumper, and blue stripe. Something tells me this would've looked pretty good with a blue shell.

11045466.jpeg

And boy could those jerseys use some TV numbers...

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Terrible deviation from their identity. UConn should have hints of red, not globs of it. They have a wonderful logo set, but it seems the itch for college teams these days is to copy somebody else...the problem was the first few teams to start this trend did it by switching to really bland features (that fat helmet stripe, change of facemask color for no reason, unnecessary alternates), aside from actual design, and everyone who wants a piece of the action follows.

There's no creativity behind almost everything being thrown out these days, and this is no exception.

There's so many better things UConn could do, design wise, than just change the facemask to red and introduce a new, generic design.

It's so unbelievably boring and generic. There's almost nothing that stands out about them that would actually tell me who's playing.

Translation for those outside of Oregon: They're not ugly or obnoxious enough.

6uXNWAo.png

Translation for those outside of Oregon: They're not ugly or obnoxious enough.

It's not even that they're not crazy or obnoxious like Oregon; it's just that there's no distinguishing design element to separate them from everyone else. Besides the small Husky logo and conference logo on the jersey and UConn wordmark on the pants, they look like a generic navy and blue team you'd find on like a movie or TV show. There's got to be something special about their school they could have put on them to give them some kind of identity.

chandler-whitmer-david-butler-II.jpg

Connecticut-Huskies.png

The best they'd ever looked...at the time probably one of the five best looks in the country.

Really wish they'd have stuck with those...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I heard some chatter about a really terrible helmet design. Glad they went with this, even if the red facemask and bumper are too much.

That being said, they didn't reveal a blue helmet, and I bet they are going to wear one this year...

The helmets are a huge downgrade, in my opinion. Say all you want about it being non-traditional, but the helmets looked great. It was the perfect logo to accomplish that look. It made a school with an underwhelming look and bottom of the pack football program look strong and powerful. The new helmet is a big downgrade. Great you now have another generic look: Basic logo? Check. Contrasting facemask that sticks out like a sore thumb? Check.

The shoulder and pants stripes are what they are. Nothing crazy. Something a little more modern. Not sure how it fits with UCONN, but whatever. I hate that there is no name on back and I hate that there isn't TV numbers. No TV numbers make football uniforms look like 2-hand-touch pull over jerseys.

I agree with what other people have already said... UCONN should be navy and white with a little bit of red that really jumps out at you. Now the red is prominent and makes your stomach tumble.

My big changes would be a navy facemask, minimizing the red to just minor trim, using a double stroke outline (same as the unis above), and swapping the wordmark on the pants for the primary logo. Right now, it's ok, albeit a little bland. I agree the set posted above was very solid.

Archived