2015/16 International Football

Crabcake

I'd flip PSG and Donetsk in Group A, but other than that, that's pretty much how I see things playing out.

I think PSG is primed to flop considering that most of their players are just past their prime. Di María is their X-factor in my opinion, but there's no reason to believe he'll improve all of a sudden.
Shakhtar arent good any more though. Otherwise Id say theres a decent chance of it happening, but theyll get played off the park in Paris.
Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about, but I think that the addition of Eduardo is what will allow Shakhtar to advance. He has a great history of scoring goals and lots of them.

He hasn't scored a goal in Europe since 2011 though, and he's 32 now. I think if Shakhtar is looking for an X-factor, they're going to have to look deeper.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone tell me WTF is going on West Ham please?

They disappoint in European competition, then beat Arsenal at the Emirates, then lose to Bournemouth at home, and then crush Liverpool at Anfield.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Can someone tell me WTF is going on West Ham please?

They disappoint in European competition, then beat Arsenal at the Emirates, then lose to Bournemouth at home, and then crush Liverpool at Anfield.

That's the 'just take top-teams seriously' phenomenon.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to catch the Liverpool game today as it wasn't being broadcast in the United States. I know the score and who got the red card (looks like we won't be winning next week), but wasn't able to really get a sense of how bad they played. How bad were they today?

spacer.png

Unfortunately I wasn't able to catch the Liverpool game today as it wasn't being broadcast in the United States. I know the score and who got the red card (looks like we won't be winning next week), but wasn't able to really get a sense of how bad they played. How bad were they today?

I think "lost at home to a team that lost to Bournemouth" speaks for itself really.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I think "lost 3-0 at home to a team that lost to Bournemouth" speaks for itself really.

Added an important piece of info there for you. ;)

I don’t think Liverpool’s played particularly well all season. They were just getting points.

It’s early. They aren’t contenders for the title, so there’s no reason to panic yet.

6fQjS3M.png

All games are shown live, look for Extra Time on your TV or download the app to your phone or laptop.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Worth pointing out that, even speaking as a Liverpool fan, the decision to send Mark Noble off today was one of the most head-scratchingly, mind-bogglingly awful refereeing decisions I have ever seen, in any sport.

I'm glad it had basically no effect on the game, because West Ham thoroughly deserved to thrash us.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

Chicharito will most likely join Bayer Leverkusen tomorrow. I like their team so much.

Could be a fun Bundesliga campaign if Bayern actually drop points against some of the lesser clubs this year. Dortmund looking good, and Leverkusen has a really solid squad too.

6fQjS3M.png

Chicharito will most likely join Bayer Leverkusen tomorrow. I like their team so much.

Could be a fun Bundesliga campaign if Bayern actually drop points against some of the lesser clubs this year. Dortmund looking good, and Leverkusen has a really solid squad too.

The crazy end of the transfer window has officially begun. What I've heard so far:

Charlie Austin (QPR) to Manchester United

Adnan Januzaj (MUFC) to Dortmund (Loan)

Anthony Martial (Monaco) to Manchester United

Chicharito West Ham deal nixed because he wanted $165,000 per goal

Chicharito to Bayer Leverkusen still on

De Gea and cash to Real Madrid for Keylor Navas and Bale

Just a reminder these are rumors and not confirmed, that's why it's the crazy season.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

So is Neymar headed to United eventually? I thought I read something a few days ago.

Not happening. The fee for him would be close to $400 milion and that's before a likely improved contract. Apparently the go to plan for players in La Liga is call Manchester united and wait for their team to hand them more money. Or get stolen away by Chelsea.

Announced as completed. Sorry to see him go but it was obvious he didn't want to be at Old Trafford based on his last few appearances. The slip aside, he looked dreadful. Bundesliga is getting more and more competitive so he and Janazuj at Dortmund could help those teams big time. Somehow they have not been cap tied so they can play in Champions League and Europa League this year.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I have a strong feeling De Bruyne won't start with Man City like he did with Chelsea, since Man City has so many good midfielders to start with.

I may be a bit biased because Jesus Navas is easily my leas favorite squad player but De Bruyne should take over Navas' spot or move to the center and move Silva over to the right wing.

In 69 EPL appearances with City Navas has scored 4 goals and has 15 assists.

In 45 Bundesliga and Europa League appearances with Wolfsburg last season De Bruyne had 15 goals and 25 assists.

De Bruyne's rate of Goals+Assists/Game last season was almost 90%, Navas' GA/G in the EPL with City is only about 30%.

Navas is definetly possesses more pace than KDB but with the Sterling Silva combo that shouldn't be a huge factor. KDB will definitely not be seeing the bench too often.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

De Gea / Navas deal is in all likelihood off as Manchester United reportedly sent in the paperwork at 11:01 Spanish time, one minute after the window closed.

Ouch.

And reportedly Real couldn't open the file(s) they sent them.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

This annoys me to no end as Real should have been able to open and send the paperwork. I'm sure there's set programs for this. And they just did business last year for Chicharito. The Spanish window closed at midnight their time so there is no reason it couldn't have made it to the proper offices on time.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived