2015/16 International Football

Crabcake

At least Dempsey picked up another USMNT goal (and generally showed up throughout the tournament). He's clearly playing for the US record before he runs out of time.

The US has had a good couple of years. I don't think this tournament went as badly for them as the Copa did for Argentina and Brazil, so there's at least that.

Brazil choked to Paraguay on penalties, granted Neymar got banned for the rest of the Copa before the knockout rounds,while Argentina lost to the hosts Chile in the Final. So if anything Brazil had a much disappointing Copa than Argentina.

The USMNT however was the far and away favorite to make at least the Gold Cup Final and failing to make at least the final is a much bigger disappointment than both Brazil and Argentina in that regard.

qvxym9f.png
Many thanks to Discrimihater for making the sig.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hitting the Uruguay v Mexico Pan Am final tomorrow...

I'll report back how many 'Trump for Prez' caps I see.

Told my friend I'm gonna be Team URU... because I hate Mexico & USA soccer. It's also more fun to root for the nation with fewer people, as proxy underdogs even if they're even.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

Manchester City suffer a heavy 4-1 defeat against Real Madrid. New signing Fabian Delph is injured 18 minutes into his debut with a hamstring injury.

If that is not the definition of karma, I don't know what is.

This is :censored:ing moronic and pisses me off! A player chose a move to a squad where he can win trophies from a team that will be in the relegation battle. I don't like how he did it but calling an injury karma is sick and wrong. If you moved from your job at Walmart to one at Google I would be happy for you, not hope you got injured on the first day. (Just an analogy, not demeaning you or those who work at Walmart.)

Also I wouldn't overreact to the loss it's preseason and that was essentially RM's first team against a City XI you will never see again.

First off, I want to point out that I meant nothing of that comment. And I have never, ever, ever wished injury upon ANYONE. Not even some of the players I hate. And honestly I don't even believe in karma. It was meant to be lighthearted. I'm sorry if my comment was misunderstood, but I honestly meant nothing of it.

spacer.png

Again,

Who is better?

And

Who is available?

LANDON DONOVAN FOR USMNT GOD EMPEROR FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!111111oneoneone

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'd hate to see Klinsmann leave. I like when he tells it like it is and I appreciate how much he's improved US Soccer systemically.

The 2015 Gold Cup would have been a nice to have, but not a need to have.

We'll all be ok. (We're also rooting for Jamaica tomorrow, right?)

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I'd hate to see Klinsmann leave. I like when he tells it like it is and I appreciate how much he's improved US Soccer systemically.

The 2015 Gold Cup would have been a nice to have, but not a need to have.

We'll all be ok. (We're also rooting for Jamaica tomorrow, right?)

Telling like it is only goes far.

Who is better? They, US Soccer, has no clue nor a replacement.

Hell, MLS loves the older international players (the MLS Ponzi schemr that's for the other thread). They would just assist with a name.

Manchester City suffer a heavy 4-1 defeat against Real Madrid. New signing Fabian Delph is injured 18 minutes into his debut with a hamstring injury.

This is :censored:ing moronic and pisses me off! A player chose a move to a squad where he can win trophies from a team that will be in the relegation battle. I don't like how he did it but calling an injury karma is sick and wrong. If you moved from your job at Walmart to one at Google I would be happy for you, not hope you got injured on the first day. (Just an analogy, not demeaning you or those who work at Walmart.)

Also I wouldn't overreact to the loss it's preseason and that was essentially RM's first team against a City XI you will never see again.

First off, I want to point out that I meant nothing of that comment. And I have never, ever, ever wished injury upon ANYONE. Not even some of the players I hate. And honestly I don't even believe in karma. It was meant to be lighthearted. I'm sorry if my comment was misunderstood, but I honestly meant nothing of it.
I appreciate this comment, intent is so easily lost over text, I apologize for my response. I will say though that Delph's decision is fine but the manor in which he went about the transfer was really bad and unfair to Villa supporters.

I also think JK should stick around for another cycle (if they win the CC playoff next year.) JK is very inconsistent at times but ultimately I think he's the right man for the job!

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

If JK is fired, there are two important questions for US Soccer to ask themselves...

1- Who is better?

2- Who is available?

As we get to August, is there a real answer to either?

Carlo Ancelotti isn't busy, and he's chilling out in Vancouver at the moment. Doubt he wants the job though.

Comedy suggestion: Landon Donovan has lots of free time.

If JK is fired, there are two important questions for US Soccer to ask themselves...

1- Who is better?

2- Who is available?

As we get to August, is there a real answer to either?

Carlo Ancelotti isn't busy, and he's chilling out in Vancouver at the moment. Doubt he wants the job though.

Comedy suggestion: Landon Donovan has lots of free time.

Marty Allen is still available too.

England V Scotland drawn together in Group F of the World Cup qualifiers. I am torn. Being born in Scotland and living in England from a very young age.

glory10.png

It's not about you.

Rather who is better than Klinsmann and where is she/he now to take over the team?

Which former EPL manager is available?

This is why he won't be fired. There's no big name out there that wants to do as many roles as Klinsman does for US Soccer. The only truly big names right now are Hiddink and Capello and they would not be good fits in my opinion. I could see an MLS coach possibly being promoted bit not during the season.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I appreciate this comment, intent is so easily lost over text, I apologize for my response. I will say though that Delph's decision is fine but the manor in which he went about the transfer was really bad and unfair to Villa supporters.

I also think JK should stick around for another cycle (if they win the CC playoff next year.) JK is very inconsistent at times but ultimately I think he's the right man for the job!

Thank you for your comment too. Hopefully we can move past this.

spacer.png

So it looks like US vs Mexico in the Confederations Cup Playoff this fall....

Which it appears is at the Rose Bowl, which will be more friendly for the Mexicans. Why couldn't it be Columbus or Seattle?

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

kduyh1.jpg

It was verrry hot today... probably 35c + humidex... sun pouring down from the left... water breaks midway through each half... not sure how Mexico didn't die on the field wearing those dark unis... Brazil fared worse came out post match for medal presentation (they won bronze) wearing full sleeved & legging warmups... URU won 1-0, though MEX were the better side... we were hoping for extra time + penalties to make it crazy.
Full house... that pic doesn't do it justice with everyone queued up for beer & food... & some concourse shade.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

So it looks like US vs Mexico in the Confederations Cup Playoff this fall....

Which it appears is at the Rose Bowl, which will be more friendly for the Mexicans. Why couldn't it be Columbus or Seattle?

Because it’s a CONCACAF neutral-site match, not a US home match?

6fQjS3M.png

Archived