2015/16 International Football

Crabcake

You are making such a meal of this it's getting silly on your behalf. You really have not grasped the whole concept of this apart from your brain telling you no-one wants to play the U.S.A anymore from UEFA which is not the case. I am not carrying this on any further as all you are doing is making it America is being hard done by.

You don't have to be condescending; we poor, stupid Americans are capable of grasping concepts involving association football.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In other stadium news, AC Milan got approval to build their new stadium near their new headquarters, Casa Milan, which opened last year. It's supposed to open in 2018.

http://www.espnfc.com/ac-milan/story/2515877/ac-milan-awarded-right-to-build-new-urban-stadium

As a Milan fan, I love it. The San Siro is pretty old, and they obviously have difficulty filling it nowadays. Now hopefully I can go to a match there in the future.

Not even close to being approved, in fact they still have to start the bureaucratic procedure and present the project to the city, they just won the bid to most of the ground where it should be built. Fat chance that it will open in 2018

Besides, MY stadium project is better than yours, so ha! :P

b_K4_BIOU.jpgvillage_1.jpg

curvasud.png

It's awesome to see Roma getting a palace of its own for a stadium. From what I have read it's getting closer to being a done deal. Can't wait to make it to Rome to catch my first game.

It's sad to see how much crap a team has to go through in Italy to build a stadium. I think it's taken Roma over five years to get to this stage to where they can possibly build the stadium. Hopefully more teams do this and get rid of some of the ultras as well. They had too much access to the teams and stadiums before 2006 ad you can see how bad a problem it still is in places like Argentina, where Boca's "random fans" broke through fences to attack River Plate last year.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

It's sad to see how much crap a team has to go through in Italy to build a stadium. I think it's taken Roma over five years to get to this stage to where they can possibly build the stadium. Hopefully more teams do this and get rid of some of the ultras as well. They had too much access to the teams and stadiums before 2006 ad you can see how bad a problem it still is in places like Argentina, where Boca's "random fans" broke through fences to attack River Plate last year.

It's amazing Juve is the only team with a privately owned stadium. Great to see more teams try and get their own.

He's gone. He's finally, actually gone. After treating his club and his manager with disrespect I thought wasn't possible in a 20 year old, Raheem Sterling is off to Man City on a £49 million deal (£44 million up front). The way I see it, we'll look back in 5, 10, 15 years and say one of two things:

1. "Wow. I can't believe Man City only paid £50 million for the kid! What a steal!"

2. "Man, can you believe Man City actually PAID Liverpool £50 million for Sterling!? Bust city!"

To be fair Sterling refused to sign back with LFC and mud was thrown both ways, Raheem and LFC both acted disrespectful IMO. He left for more money and (given recent form) a better chance at trophies and European competitions so fair play to him. On LFC supporters side I can understand some of the anger, I still hate Andre Iguodala! Ultimately I think everybody will get over it and this is a great deal all around, Raheem, City, Liverpool (and QPR) all benefit from this. I think this will turn more into #1 than 2 but either way we are EXTREMELY rich and £50M to Shiekh is the equivalent of an immeasurable amount to the average person, pocket change. If Sterling does bust, City will still be fine, but if he reaches his potential we may have just secured one hell of a player. The only people who should have a problem with this are Arsenal, United and Chelsea because City has improved and Liverpool have turned an awful situation into £50M.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

You are making such a meal of this it's getting silly on your behalf. You really have not grasped the whole concept of this apart from your brain telling you no-one wants to play the U.S.A anymore from UEFA which is not the case. I am not carrying this on any further as all you are doing is making it America is being hard done by.

You don't have to be condescending; we poor, stupid Americans are capable of grasping concepts involving association football.

You might be but blatantly the other poster was not. Thats why I finished the debate with him.

glory10.png

He's gone. He's finally, actually gone. After treating his club and his manager with disrespect I thought wasn't possible in a 20 year old, Raheem Sterling is off to Man City on a £49 million deal (£44 million up front). The way I see it, we'll look back in 5, 10, 15 years and say one of two things:

1. "Wow. I can't believe Man City only paid £50 million for the kid! What a steal!"

2. "Man, can you believe Man City actually PAID Liverpool £50 million for Sterling!? Bust city!"

To be fair Sterling refused to sign back with LFC and mud was thrown both ways, Raheem and LFC both acted disrespectful IMO. He left for more money and (given recent form) a better chance at trophies and European competitions so fair play to him. On LFC supporters side I can understand some of the anger, I still hate Andre Iguodala! Ultimately I think everybody will get over it and this is a great deal all around, Raheem, City, Liverpool (and QPR) all benefit from this. I think this will turn more into #1 than 2 but either way we are EXTREMELY rich and £50M to Shiekh is the equivalent of an immeasurable amount to the average person, pocket change. If Sterling does bust, City will still be fine, but if he reaches his potential we may have just secured one hell of a player. The only people who should have a problem with this are Arsenal, United and Chelsea because City has improved and Liverpool have turned an awful situation into £50M.

I don't think City's improved with Sterling as much as people believe. They have other players that are better than him at the moment. Down the road he may come good. City get a lot younger which is something they needed but I still feel they overpaid because they had to, not because they believe he can help now. I do think he will help City, it just won't be by scoring a ton of goals foe the team. United has slowly improved the team but it has gotten older as well. Arsenal still need a top quality defensive midfielder and they refuse to pay top dollar for one. That's what will trip them up. Chelsea seem to think that they can fix Falcao but I think it'll blow up in Mourinho's face just like it did for Van Gaal. He was lackluster in the Copa America and I just don't see him being that good without a lot of help on his psyche.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

You might be but blatantly the other poster was not. Thats why I finished the debate with him.

I do have a name, you know.

6fQjS3M.png

I don't think City's improved with Sterling as much as people believe. They have other players that are better than him at the moment. Down the road he may come good. City get a lot younger which is something they needed but I still feel they overpaid because they had to, not because they believe he can help now. I do think he will help City, it just won't be by scoring a ton of goals foe the team. United has slowly improved the team but it has gotten older as well. Arsenal still need a top quality defensive midfielder and they refuse to pay top dollar for one. That's what will trip them up. Chelsea seem to think that they can fix Falcao but I think it'll blow up in Mourinho's face just like it did for Van Gaal. He was lackluster in the Copa America and I just don't see him being that good without a lot of help on his psyche.

We have plenty of players that are better right now, Aguero, Silva, Zabba, Yaya, Kompany, Hart etc. But that isn't my point, he will be replacing a lot of minutes that Navas and Milner played last season and that is a HUGE improvement. Also City didn't buy him to score a ton of goals, that is certainly a hope but Sterling will create havoc and chances while offering goal scoring ability. Navas and Milner are decent to fine players but they don't scare opposition Sterling does.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

I don't know about Gyasi Zardes. It's really hard to tell if it's him or great teammates. He had that great service for Dempsey a game or so ago, but he's been basically off all night tonight.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I do have a name, you know.

Yes, Yes you do. I was too lazy to type it all in.

Claudio Ranieri is appointed as Leicester coach.

glory10.png

USMNT Gold Cup changes:

In: DaMarcus Beasley, Alan Gordon and Joe Corona

Out: Greg Garza, Jozy Altidore and Alfredo Morales

It's great that Beasley was added. Not so great that Timmy Chandler is still in.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Interesting, USA gets Cuba Saturday. Didn't think the Cubans had a prayer of winning a game. Mexico vs TNT looked like a great game with it being 4-4.

The quarters are set:

USA vs Cuba

Haiti vs Jamaica

TNT vs Panama

Mexico vs Costa Rica.

The games look even except for US vs Cuba, who they should kill.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Interesting, USA gets Cuba Saturday. Didn't think the Cubans had a prayer of winning a game. Mexico vs TNT looked like a great game with it being 4-4.

The quarters are set:

USA vs Cuba

Haiti vs Jamaica

TNT vs Panama

Mexico vs Costa Rica.

The games look even except for US vs Cuba, who they should kill.

Mexico vs. Costa Rica should be a fun game, it's a shame they're meeting so early cause they're probably 2 of the 3 best CONCACAF teams by a mile.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

HOLY :censored: !

That was my first ever "real" soccer game. I'd have been hard pressed to pick a better one that didn't involve the US.

The stadium was about 90% Mexico supporters, 5% Guatemala, and 5% unaffiliated. The atmosphere inside and outside the stadium was everything I wanted and more. It was fantastic.

...until Trinidad & Tobago scored to tie it at 2, and then especially after T&T went up 3-2 just a few minutes later. I've been to plenty of sporting events, but I've never personally witnessed the hailstorm of beer and trash thrown at the 6 Trinidadians sitting 10 rows down from me. I was secretly cheering for T&T the entire time... I came close to buying a Trinidadian flag before the game, really glad I rethought that decision! The Trinidadian group in my section GTFO in about the 75th minute, pretty smart move on their part as well. And then the T&T goal from the corner in the 93rd minute to tie on the last play of the game, with more trash being thrown directly at the player? Fantastic ending, classless display by many Mexico fans. I'm wondering why there wasn't more security. I'm not exaggerating - I've seen more police officers at a high school football game.

But, wow. 7 goals in the 2nd half?!? T&T scoring 3 unanswered in 12 minutes!?! Then equalizing on the very last play of the game amidst another hailstorm of trash?! 100% worth my price of admission. I'm officially in on this soccer thing.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Archived