2015/16 International Football

Crabcake

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Kazakhstanian club FC Astana just made it into the Champions League group stage. I think no club wants to fly over there.

btw. I'm still waiting for Wladivostok to make it into an international competition. :P

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

The Kazakhstanian club FC Astana just made it into the Champions League group stage. I think no club wants to fly over there.

btw. I'm still waiting for Wladivostok to make it into an international competition. :P

Well, the Group Stage draw is today, so we are going to find who gets stuck with that distinction.

In fact, it's kinda of been a good showing for countries you wouldn't think would be good at this level. You already mentioned the Kazakh club... there's an Albanian club in the Europa League (First team to reach group stage in either league in that country's history)

Well, the Group Stage draw is today, so we are going to find who gets stuck with that distinction.

In fact, it's kinda of been a good showing for countries you wouldn't think would be good at this level. You already mentioned the Kazakh club... there's an Albanian club in the Europa League (First team to reach group stage in either league in that country's history)

Yup, I really like clubs from smaller (soccer wise) countries in the group stage. BATE Borisov does this a bit too often though.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

I'm very happy with Roma's draw here. I believe 2nd can be locked up and we can progress!

I won't be too sure about this. I see Leverkusen as the only club that can challenge Bayern in this Bundesliga season. They have incredible talent in their squad and a great coach. I see them at the 2nd spot.

Predictions? Sure!

Group A

1. Real Madrid CF

2. FC Shakhtar Donetsk

3. Paris Saint-Germain FC

4. Malmö FF

Group B

1. Manchester United FC

2. PFC CSKA Moscow

3. VfL Wolfsburg

4. PSV Eindhoven

Group C

1. Atlético de Madrid

2. Galatasaray SK

3. SL Benfica

4. FC Astana

Group D

1. Sevilla FC

2. Manchester City FC

3. Borussia Mönchengladbach

4. Juventus FC

Group E

1. FC Barcelona

2. Bayer 04 Leverkusen

3. AS Roma

4. FC BATE Borisov

Group F

1. FC Bayern München

2. Arsenal FC

3. Olympiacos FC

4. GNK Dinamo Zagreb

Group G

1. FC Porto

2. Chelsea FC

3. FC Dynamo Kyiv

4. Maccabi Tel Aviv FC

Group H

1. Olympique Lyonnais

2. Valencia CF

3. Zenit Saint Petersburg

4. KAA Gent

25yzwqg.png

I'd flip PSG and Donetsk in Group A, but other than that, that's pretty much how I see things playing out.

I think PSG is primed to flop considering that most of their players are just past their prime. Di María is their X-factor in my opinion, but there's no reason to believe he'll improve all of a sudden.

25yzwqg.png

No real group of death here. M'gladbach and Sevilla are good competing teams, but Juventus and Manchester City have a definite upper hand.

I don't really see that many teams outside the first two pots advancing, except Wolfsburg, Galatasaray, Lyon, and maybe Roma if they manage to get points against Bayer and Barcelona.

Chelsea looks like it has a free ride.

Tottenham bought Heung-Min Son from Leverkusen. Congrats, he was one of my favourite players in the league.

Leverkusen on the other hand bought Kevin Kampl from Dortmund in return. What a deal for them. I see a bigger talent in Kampl then in Son and they made 20 million € plus with it (sold Son for 30 and bought Kampl for 10).

The draw for the group stage of the Europa League was held this morning in Monaco. The highlights:

-Albania's first ever team to reach either group stage might have a hard road in Group H as Skenderbeu has to play against Sporting CP, Beskitas and Lokomotiv Moscow

-The weakest team in terms of UEFA's goofy-as-all-hell coefficient is Gabala from Azerbaijan. Any Dortmund fans out there? You get... this cupcake!

Ajax, Celtic, Fenerbahce and Molde, I like that one. Tottenham, Anderlecht, Monaco and Qarabag is nice, too.

Also, I haven't known that Belenenses is back in international competition. That's nice.

I'd flip PSG and Donetsk in Group A, but other than that, that's pretty much how I see things playing out.

I think PSG is primed to flop considering that most of their players are just past their prime. Di María is their X-factor in my opinion, but there's no reason to believe he'll improve all of a sudden.

Shakhtar aren’t good any more though. Otherwise I’d say there’s a decent chance of it happening, but they’ll get played off the park in Paris.

6fQjS3M.png

Shakhtar arent good any more though. Otherwise Id say theres a decent chance of it happening, but theyll get played off the park in Paris.

Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about, but I think that the addition of Eduardo is what will allow Shakhtar to advance. He has a great history of scoring goals and lots of them.

25yzwqg.png

Archived