2015/16 International Football

Crabcake

I had a feeling that today's game versus Watford was going to end in a tie and low and behold, it did. Apparently, we're going to repeat last year's campaign of falling behind, seeing a surge of relevant offense, following by hair pulling examples of bad defending.

Jolly good show.

Exact repeat of last season's debut against Leicester, wasn't it?

That said, I think this Watford side is going to be one of the EPL's surprises this season. They carry over a deadly attack from last season's Championship squad, and they did a marvelous job bringing in a multitude of under-the-radar transfers.

I agree, Watford suprised me today against Everton. Of the three newly promoted teams I feel that the Hornets are going to be the best far and away. Although, I am pulling for Bournemouth in some sense.

spacer.png

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As bad as the officiating was in the Norwich-Palace game today, Norwich need better defenders so badly. Bassong was decent, and Whittaker had a good day on the attack, but otherwise the back line was dreadful. No way we stay up with that quality.

- Minnesota Twins - Minnesota Golden Gophers - Dallas Stars - Dallas Mavericks - Norwich City FC -

- Texas Tech Red Raiders - FC DallasMinnesota Vikings - Borussia Dortmund -

This atmosphere at Bournemouth is incredible. If you told me that their stadium only seats 11 000, I wouldn't believe you. Sounds like at least double.

11,000? That's amazing.

In Germany clubs are actually forced to have at least a 15,000 stadium if they play in the 1. or 2. Bundesliga.

Carpi in Serie A will play in a 4,500 seat stadium. Eiber in La Liga has a capacity of 5,500.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

This atmosphere at Bournemouth is incredible. If you told me that their stadium only seats 11 000, I wouldn't believe you. Sounds like at least double.

11,000? That's amazing.

In Germany clubs are actually forced to have at least a 15,000 stadium if they play in the 1. or 2. Bundesliga.

Carpi in Serie A will play in a 4,500 seat stadium. Eiber in La Liga has a capacity of 5,500.
Carlo won't play in their regular stadium this year due to not having enough seats. Serie A has a rule about that. I believe they will play in Modena.

Let's still go back to AFC Bournemouth. Today was their first game in their nation's top league ever....

They started playing 125 years ago.

And seven years ago they were on the verge of bankruptcy and going out of business. Amazing how fans went around raising money doing odd jobs around Bournemouth to raise money to keep them afloat long enough to stave off the bankruptcy.

glory10.png

Lol, oh Arsenal. I know it's the first match of the season but they were terrible. Not a start that a club picked by some to win the league wanted.

Yup, that game was one big long facepalm for Gooners. Cech sucked but the players in front of him weren't looking much better. The turnover leading to the second West Ham goal was particularly obscene.

CCSLC signature.png

Arsenal have long needed a defensive midfielder with a bit of bite. Instead Wenger buys players that are very technical minded but lack the roll the sleeves up and fight when the going gets tough. Many Arsenal fans I know were excited about Cech's arrival but still want to see a midfielder that can lead the team.

glory10.png

Archived