Movie Studio Logo Appreciation

neo_prankster

maxresdefault.jpg

Dreamworks. it doesn't look like anything i'll ever create (because it was originally a painting) but damn, it always looks good on-screen, especially in animation. the flat version they'd put on a business card is disappointing, i'd always print it like this. but moreover, the on-screen application is the one that matters and it's just a great concept that is beautifully executed

pixar-animation-studio-logo.jpg

love Pixar's animation too.

maxresdefault.jpg

the animated castle combined with the "Wish Upon a Star" theme is the perfect visualization of "magic".

1335539.jpg

love how Warner Bros treat their logo; very flexible. this shot is from one of the Harry Potter movies and each one is different for those movies. always a different treatment and always iconic and recognizable

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I love how Warner Bros can either have the logo be a part of the movie's theme or stand alone and be very strong as it is. The "new" Disney logo intro (it's been around for nigh-a-decade) is wonderfully sentimental and more representative of their brand than the memorable-but-dated blue and white look.

Others:

Touchstone_Pictures_logo.png

I thought this company was "2 Regency" as a kid.

newregency_1200x630.jpg

unitedartists.jpg

mgm.jpg

Love Paramount.

paramount.jpg

The new Universal logo is stunning.

universal.jpg

columbia.jpg

logo1_t620.jpg

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I always liked Icon, especially since they tend to make/distribute a lot of historical drama films like Braveheart, Passion of the Christ and 12 Years A Slave.

The faux cracked painting look just works well, as does the Romanesque font they use.

220px-Iconmainlogo.png

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Add me to those that like New Line, Universal, and Warner Brothers.

Interesting fact, the new Star Wars movie will be the first without the 20th Century Fox logo treatment at the beginning, instead being replaced with the Walt Disney one. Both great logo treatments, I wonder what kind of special things they are going to do?

packchampionslfroh.png

Add me to those that like New Line, Universal, and Warner Brothers.

Interesting fact, the new Star Wars movie will be the first without the 20th Century Fox logo treatment at the beginning, instead being replaced with the Walt Disney one. Both great logo treatments, I wonder what kind of special things they are going to do?

"when you wish upon a Star Wars" :)

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

well this has turned into a "post any studio you can" thread, but I think TriStar, New Line and Universal have the best logos. Personally, I prefer more simplistic logos or ones that can easily be in black and white so thats why I like the latter 2 but TriStar's Pegusus logo is just too badass to pass up.

Archived