FIFA officials arrested on corruption charges

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spitballing here:

The Swiss officials removed documentation and computers from FIFA offices when they arrested officials for the US. Perhaps some information has been leaked to him and his people that there is some evidence to how Russia and Qatar were awarded World Cups.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

Special election for Blatter's successor will take place "sometime between December 2015 and March 2016," according to ESPN. Something smells fishy here, as in the "Blatter comes out the week before the election and announces he was just kidding" kind of fishy.

Let's hope for the best though.

spacer.png

Sepp Blatter resigns!

Per BBC news ...

Holy :censored:!!!

It actually happened? Warner must've started squealing like a pig with all the dirt he had on Blatter.

I'd say Jerome Valcke is the one ready to sing like a canary

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

The rest of the soccer world now owes the US a great big "Thank You!"

Not really.

I think this is the tipping point which has turned Blatters hand. As he has stated "My mandate does not appear to be supported by everybody."

FIFA president Sepp Blatter caught in 2050 World Cup propaganda pledge to Mongolia

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-3104100/FIFA-president-Sepp-Blatter-caught-2050-World-Cup-propaganda-pledge-Mongolia.html

It would all come out in the open sooner rather than later.

glory10.png

Sepp Blatter resigns!

Per BBC news ...

Holy :censored:!!!

It actually happened? Warner must've started squealing like a pig with all the dirt he had on Blatter.

I'd say Jerome Valcke is the one ready to sing like a canary

Yeah you're probably right. I hadn't read that Valcke was implicated to be involved or that Blatter himself is now under FBI investigation. Makes even more sense now what is going on. And frankly can't be more thrilled to see not only Blatter under the gun but also Valcke. The latter is about as arrogant a prick as you'll find.

This sounds like good news, but really it was inevitable and it's very likely Blatter only waited until after the election so FIFA could appoint someone equally as corrupt.

Yeah that does seem to be the main sticking point is that he delayed his resignation until after the election to take time to burn the evidence and let the Asian and African confederations come up with their own corrupt candidate to keep the status quo in place for them. But at least the individual players who've sullied the game so far seem slated to be going down. And it seems clear the 2022 farce is on it's way to an early grave based on what the German ExCo member was saying the other day. So improvements have been made even if they won't be sweeping. Unless UEFA, Oceania, hopefully some of CONMENBOL and the US keep the screws to them and demand change or they'll bail.

Archived